1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Tracking (Read 482 times)

I started to take a look at some logs to try to figure out the best way to keep track of everyone's progress as we embark on the 1000/1000 goal this year. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that manual tracking will most likely not be possible. At a glance, I notice that there are logs still unavailable to be viewed, some tracking the data in km and others that list a time (i.e. 30 min biking) for some workouts versus a distance. I can still track the data for users that a) have viewable logs and b) always track their totals in distances but that would leave out about a third of our training group. As a possible alternative, I was given the following site which is pretty cool. http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html On this site, it's very cut and dry. You create a log-in and then you simply enter your distances(by exercise type) for each day. The really cool part about the site is that it's designed to track your progress as you "travel across the United States." You start in Virginia and with each distance you add to your total, it gives you a picture of where you are in your travels. Just an idea, though. It's still not the best option since it requires everyone to use an additional tool but at the very least, it's something that can help certain individuals track it on their own if they're interested in using it.

My bike is my therapist

That is a cool site. I'm half way across Virginia. I even set up a few partners.
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

Finished Virginia moving through Kentucky Big grin
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers
          Damn! You're flying, man!

My bike is my therapist

Update on my ride across America: Made it through the hills of Kentucky. Tongue Illinois went by fast as I only crossed the southern tip. Smile Missouri was a scenic 500 miles which made it nice. Now going through Kansas. The web site shows a picture of what you would be seeing if you were actually on the road. The last three updates shows a very straight road that goes to the horizon! Confused That would be some miserable riding.
            5000 Mile Club
            Half Marathon Trainers

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I like that site! I'm in Kentucky. I just signed up and now I feel like a slacker. With a third of the year gone by I feel like I have no chance to make it home to the west coast. Have to double my efforts.

My bike is my therapist

Moved into Wyoming yesterday. Smile Another 1500 miles to the finish in Florence, Oregon. Big grin
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

Well I finished the trek across America. It looks like I made to the coast of Oregon a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't keeping a close watch on it lately. It was a lot of fun setting up partners and watching everyone "cycle and run" 4063 miles across all the states. http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html
                  5000 Mile Club
                  Half Marathon Trainers
                    Congrats, Croyden!!! Looks like you need a better challenge that "just" across NA

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group