1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2010 Year to date totals (Read 589 times)

My bike is my therapist

Happy New Year everyone

"Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers
    Eternal Rookie

January’s numbers 

<colgroup><col width="153" style="width: 115pt;" /><col width="120" style="width: 90pt;" span="2" /></colgroup>
      Run Ride
      andsmit 121 0
      BOWSER 76.2 124
      Buzz 63 105.5 117.2
      Chenille 79 12
      Craneium 71.8 0
      Croydon 0 0
      dtraitor 63.6 112.7
      Eternal Rookie 116.7 0
      hokieesq 195 218
      jules2 85.9 149
      leftylogan 105.3 0
      Mikeco 56.7 0
      pfriese 156.8 0
      shadowrunner 104.7 0
      stephgupton 113.4 11.1
      therockett7 26.2 297
      westward13 0 0
      zoom-zoom 109.8 128.4
      Pace Bunny 84.1 84.1

Eternal Rookie

Eternal Rookie

I can see it! Any chance you could make the picture a little larger?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Eternal Rookie

I’ll keep trying. I have a 22” monitor at work so I can see it fairly well, but would like to enlarge, draw lines, etc… I just don’t know Google Docs.

It’s bizarre. It would work, and then it wouldn’t. For awhile I thought that it was tied to whether I had the spreadsheet open or not, but that’s not the case.

Eternal Rookie

The Chart thru February

And the numbers. The running end looks good, guess that a lot of us are waiting for spring before hitting the pedals.

andsmit
                BOWSER
                Buzz 63
                Chenille*
                Craneium
                dtraitor
                Eternal Rookie
                hokieesq
                jules2
                leftylogan
                Mikeco
                patheti_c
                pfriese
                shadowrunner
                stephgupton
                therockett7
                zoom-zoom
                Pace Bunny

Eternal Rookie

The Numbers thru March

<colgroup><col style="width: 70pt;" width="93" /><col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64" /></colgroup>
                  allezallezallez 101 1000
                  andsmit 483.4 118.2
                  BOWSER 253.6 337.4
                  Burglar11 206.5 36.7
                  Buzz 63 244.5 568.3
                  Chenille 265 220
                  Craneium 195.6 32.5
                  dtraitor 149.8 359.5
                  elpetay 6 25.2
                  Eternal Rookie 312.8 0
                  felter2468 346.7 103.9
                  hokieesq 571.4 385.5
                  jules2 248.4 687
                  leftylogan 325.3 5
                  Mikeco 330.6 0
                  Pace Bunny 247.6 247.6
                  patheti_c 33.6 0
                  pfriese 434.4 0
                  shadowrunner 186 0
                  stephgupton 346.5 52.1
                  xhristopher 379.8 144.2
                  zoom-zoom 312.8 557.5

jules2

Its been very quite recently so now the weather is picking up at last how are you all doing?

I have a hilly 100 miler at the weekend and I'm looking for a new road bike to use now I have more time on my hands and longer days.

Last week I did around 157 miles cycling and 21 running

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm preparing for my first duathlon on Sunday.  Weather is supposed to be shit.  Meh.  We've had minimal rain all Spring, so the forecast on race day is 80% chance of rain. 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

I'm preparing for my first duathlon on Sunday.  Weather is supposed to be shit.  Meh.  We've had minimal rain all Spring, so the forecast on race day is 80% chance of rain. 

It was cold and wet for my first duathlon and frosty for my second, is your's an Olympic distance one?

I always find its a problem balancing the clothing for the run compared to my clothing for the cycling, I generally wear my cycling glove at the start as I can always blow my nose on them

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was cold and wet for my first duathlon and frosty for my second, is your's an Olympic distance one?

I always find its a problem balancing the clothing for the run compared to my clothing for the cycling, I generally wear my cycling glove at the start as I can always blow my nose on them

I'm debating about the dress thing, too.  I *think* I will wear a short-sleeve cycling top and my tri shorts with thin tights that come below the knee for the first run (it's sprint distance, so 5k run, 30k bike, 5k run), water/wind-resistant jacket over that ensemble for the bike, then take the jacket and tights off for the last run.  I wasn't planning to wear gloves, but now I think I will do like you and wear them for the first 2 legs.

I found out about a women's-only du in August...I may have to register for that one so that my 2nd can be WARM! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Zoom, Zoom if you are putting a top on you will need your number on a belt, have you practiced transitions? I managed 49 / 52 seconds for my two transitions in the last event timed from entering the paddock to leaving it.

If you are "damp" after the first run will the top go on easily I screwed a triathlon transition up once when I couldnt slide my top down.

I put loads of talc in my cycling shoes to help get them on and I have a profile drinks bottle on the bike so I can drink on the way round. I don't put my shoes on the pedals like most people I can't see the point. 

I've suffered from cramp ( the only times in my life ) in my first three events whilst transitioning from bike to run two, at the last event I put salt in my energy drink and had no problem.

I find arm warmers are useful as they give you more flexibilty

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, that's a good point about the # belt.  I have one...that will be very useful.  My top shouldn't be a problem, since it's a full-zip jacket.

I had planned to wear arm-warmers and I will probably bring them along, but right now I'm fairly certain that I will be fine without for the running portions (I like bare arms for rainy runs in the 50s) and will want a real wind jacket for the bike.

I won't be attaching my shoes to the bike, since they aren't actual tri shoes.  What I have are technically mountain-bike shoes (Sidi Dominators), since I wanted the ability to walk a little and am contemplating cyclocross maybe as early as this Fall (that means a second bike, ha...but it would be nice on our chip-sealed and unpaved roads).

I haven't really practiced fast transitions, yet, but have done several brick workouts.  They are definitely working.  The first few I did were godawful for the run post-bike, but now I don't get Jello-legs nearly so bad.  I have a friend who is a major cyclist, but hardly runs.  I think she is going to be in for a shock on Sunday, as I don't think she's really done any brick workouts.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Funnily enough I wear MTB shoes as well as they are easier to run in when in transition, good luck let me know how you get on.