1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2010 Year to date totals (Read 589 times)

Eternal Rookie

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not on the list...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

Oops, had to change the number of cells on the chart. Look again.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

The Numbers thru May

<colgroup><col style="width: 86pt;" width="114" /><col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64" /></colgroup>
            Athlete Run Bike
            allezallezallez 112.3 1649.5
            andsmit 995.3 118.2
            BOWSER 474.8 644.6
            Burglar11 343.6 462.5
            Buzz 63 449.5 900.3
            Chenille 498.5 273.3
            Craneium 510.9 384.8
            dtraitor 270.4 717.4
            elpetay 110.8 342.1
            Eternal Rookie 474.5 0.0
            felter2468 519.0 272.6
            FrancesRe 247.4 0.0
            hokieesq 912.3 675.0
            Jeffro 74.0 195.7
            jules2 413.9 1305.0
            leftylogan 531.7 5.0
            Mikeco 636.1 7.0
            pfriese 792.1 0.0
            shadowrunner 500.2 40.3
            stephgupton 581.2 115.1
            xhristopher 606.0 709.6
            zoom-zoom 519.7 1066.3
            Pace Bunny 414.6 414.6

Woohoo! Ahead of the bunny on the run and about to blow past on the bike!

jules2

0.7 mile behind on the running, I can live with that as I'm going to run more this month.

Well done everybody the weather is better now so no excuses

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Eternal Rookie

Thru the end of July.

Chart with 1000 as the max

And the actual numbers:

Run

Bike

xhristopher

I can't seal the deal. I've been less than 15 bike miles, just a 45-50 minute ride, from hitting 1000 miles for two weeks now. Some sort of strange guilt is setting in, not about the 1000 miles, but about not riding the bike. Damn marathon training! Is there a support group for this?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn marathon training! Is there a support group for this?

Soooo glad I gave up on that nonsense after my last one!  I REALLY REALLY REALLY love doing 2-3 sports, instead of just one sport day in and day out. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Soooo glad I gave up on that nonsense after my last one!  I REALLY REALLY REALLY love doing 2-3 sports, instead of just one sport day in and day out. Big grin

Once I get this marathon thing out of my system I'm thinking about tris and dus. For some reason I'd like to do a half ironman. I've already given my family warning. I'm in no rush so I might ease toward it in the next year or two. Also, I really want to try cyclocross, which is not compatible with a fall marathon and also requires a bike. I've already got three! I'd also like to try to ride a century a month from may to september, and so on... 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Once I get this marathon thing out of my system I'm thinking about tris and dus. For some reason I'd like to do a half ironman. I've already given my family warning. I'm in no rush so I might ease toward it in the next year or two. Also, I really want to try cyclocross, which is not compatible with a fall marathon and also requires a bike. I've already got three! I'd also like to try to ride a century a month from may to september, and so on... 

I would love to do a half IM if I could skip the swim part.  I love the HM and biking 56 miles would be totally doable, too.  Too bad I can't kayak the first leg...

I am hoping to get into cyclocross next year, too.  I had wanted to try it this year and could have borrowed a bike to get in on a couple of races, but after suffering that sprain back in June I've had to give up on any off-road running or biking--just too much risk of reinjury with that ankle not fully healed and strong.  

Plus, by next year I should be able to get my hands on a bike.  Last year we got my road bike, this year we've purchased that tandem in my avatar, so next year I am due for another bike, right? Wink  DH already has like 5 bikes in rotation (2 roads, 'cross, 29er mountain, low-rent mountain for running errands), so I need to catch up! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I would love to do a half IM if I could skip the swim part.  I love the HM and biking 56 miles would be totally doable, too.

Ditto. These are two very reasonable distances. This spring at about the 60 mile mark of my century I was thinking "would I be willing to get off and run 13.1." The answer was yes.

I've just got to see about the swimming part. They've got the "aquabike" at some half IM events so why not the opposite?

Eternal Rookie

Thru the end of August.

Chart with 1000 as the max

And the actual numbers:

Run

Bike

jules2

I would love to do a half IM if I could skip the swim part.  I love the HM and biking 56 miles would be totally doable, too.  Too bad I can't kayak the first leg...

zoom zoom

Luckily they are hoping to restore the World long course duathlon next year so we can race mano  pensioner to mano girlBig grin

i can' believe how close our stats are you are 12 miles ahead on the running and 61 on the bike but 23 years behind in age.

I have been resting and have a half marathon and a 100 mile cycle race coming up so I have you in my sights

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.