1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

My Bad (Read 153 times)

Eternal Rookie

Thru the November 7th.

Chart with 1000 as the max

And the actual numbers:

Run

Bike

Update is actually from 11/8/10. I meant to do this last week, but took Thursday off to get ready for a Ragnar relay, spent Friday and Saturday running it, then yesterday recovering from it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn that running Bunny.  But I lapped the biking Bunny's ass 3x, already! Big grin

Speaking of the bike...we're thisclose to pulling the trigger on a new bike for me, even though I have only had my current bike for a year as of this coming Friday.  I've pretty much "outgrown" my entry-level aluminum "comfort" road bike and am ready to move on to a more aggressive frame.  This time in carbon (to make our rough chip-sealed roads a bit less misery-inducing) with better components.  Next year I already have my eyes on 3-5 sprint duathlons and more than 1 century ride.  I'd like to ride 4k miles in 2011.  This year I will be hitting 3500 or so, which I guess is pretty good for a total noob rider. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pfriese

Thanks Eternal Rookie for all of your tabulations and such with the group. As you can tell, I did not ride the bike at all this year. My daughter stayed at college this summer and she is my riding partner in the summer, in addition my goal has been focused on BQing. I accomplished that last month. Next year will be a more balanced year with both running and biking.

Thanks again,

Paul

Eternal Rookie

I used to be a 1000/1000 type of guy, but switched this year to running shorter but more often and on my lunch hour so I don’t have any bike rides either.

Congrats on the BQ.

Back when I was doing triathlons, I don't think that I was throwing zoom-zoom type numbers.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Back when I was doing triathlons, I don't think that I was throwing zoom-zoom type numbers.

But I'll bet you were faster, heh.  I think I'm part turtle.  My best friend frequently runs half the miles I do and will have months with no miles logged, but our PRs are virtually identical.  If I didn't love her so much I'd want to beat the crap out of her. Tongue  I gave up on the marathon after a training cycle that culminated in a couple of 55 mile weeks and me still dragging my ass and cramping calves across the finish like in >4:45.  Too much work for such a crappy result.  3 attempts all landed me barely sub-5.  I'd MUCH rather ride my bike hard for 5 hours. Wink

I'm quite certain that if I'd had a bike before I started running that the running never would have happened.  So I am glad that I took up running, first.  I'm not any good at it, but I enjoy it.  And it's something I can do outdoors when conditions aren't favorable for being on the bike.  It lets me drink more beer, too...bonus! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay