1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Milestones (Read 164 times)

Eternal Rookie

Looks like xhristopher is at least back on the bike, but Jules has abandoned it. Of course zoom-zoom is smoking the wheels, but Buzz 63 is our second to hit the 1000/1000.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

X, did you end up getting a new bike?!  Details!

Jules...what's up, dude?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Still waiting. Interbike caused some of the delay so I hope to get an answer any day. If you ever need to have a bike warrantied you better have a backup bike or plan on getting out of shape.

I've tried going for a road ride on my MTB. Ugh! That bike goes from hero to zero once it hits the pavement. Good workout though.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still waiting. Interbike caused some of the delay so I hope to get an answer any day. If you ever need to have a bike warrantied you better have a backup bike or plan on getting out of shape.

I've tried going for a road ride on my MTB. Ugh! That bike goes from hero to zero once it hits the pavement. Good workout though.

Ha, yes!  I just got a mtn. bike, myself (Cannondale had a shit-ton of '09 "petite" sized F5s sitting in the warehouse that they liquidated at half-off.  I'd probably do better on a small, but it's not a horrid fit and I don't have toe-overlap).  We had to do a couple of miles on the road to get to a small park.  Holy hell, that's rough!

When my roadie was in the shop having some bearings replaced I was able to ride my CX bike with slick tires for a few days.  That bike is a priceless thing to have.

Hope Cannondale stands by your frame and puts you on something really nice in its place.  What are you hoping they might offer?  CAAD, SuperSix...?

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Ha, yes!  I just got a mtn. bike, myself (Cannondale had a shit-ton of '09 "petite" sized F5s sitting in the warehouse that they liquidated at half-off.  I'd probably do better on a small, but it's not a horrid fit and I don't have toe-overlap).  We had to do a couple of miles on the road to get to a small park.  Holy hell, that's rough!

When my roadie was in the shop having some bearings replaced I was able to ride my CX bike with slick tires for a few days.  That bike is a priceless thing to have.

Hope Cannondale stands by your frame and puts you on something really nice in its place.  What are you hoping they might offer?  CAAD, SuperSix...?

Wow! Sounds like you got a new bike for the cost of a decent wheel set. I don't think a CX bike with regular road tires would be challenging on the road. I've seen them in many crits so it's a great backup.

Here's my trusty bike.

It's all I've got right now. It's just fantastic on single track but has many short comings on the road, where I never intended to use it.

If Cannondale warranties the frame I'm sure it will just be a CAAD. My worst case scenario will be buying a frame at "crash replacement" cost, which is 30% off. That means I can get a CAAD 10 (frame/fork/headset) for $700, probably not a horrible deal. 

Here's what I did today.

Yeah, that's this race. The weather sucked. It felt like Belgium. I was pulling for the local Tim Johnson and constantly taking his splits to the rest of the field. Sadly he lost it in the end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

CX is so fun--best spectator sport EVER!!!  We skipped a CX race today, even though it sounds like it was awesome and had a crazy course.  It was nearly 2 hours away and we rode an hour away from home for our last JDRF training ride before Death Valley (in 13 days), yesterday.  We needed to not spend so much of the weekend in the car.

You're right about CX bikes being fine for the road.  I have 3 friends who have CX bikes as their primary rides.  2 are on Gunnars and one has a custom Seven in titanium.  These are all FAST people, too!

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

My friend did a CX race the other weekend and there was someone with a disc wheelConfused.

Pulled my calf muscle three weeks ago and am letting it heal, I only ran a mile last Tuesday and was back to square one.

September was a manic month and didn't have much time to cycle.  Looks like October will be a cycling month as I'm putting on weight.

I did a cycle event in Yorkshire last week and there were howling gales, coming down off the mountains we were touching 45 miles an hour on narrow roads with loose gravel.  One guy behind us missed a bend split his helmet and ended up in hospital for observation luckily he wasn't badly injured.  His bike was smashed to pieces.

This is one place we visited http://www.tanhillinn.com/ its so famous even the Arctic Monkeys have played there.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ouch, you keep babying that calf!  I hope it heals fast.

Yikes for that guy who crashed!  I'm glad he was OK, but bummer for his bike.  We did a ride yesterday on our CX bikes (not a race, just a backroad ride).  We were approaching loose gravel as the pavement ended.  I was only going 25-30ish and it was scary not being able to slow-down as the road narrowed to a single lane and we went under a bridge with concrete supports on each side.  Eventually I think I want to upgrade to a CX bike with disc brakes.  I am LOVING those on my mtn. bike!

~ Sarah Kay