1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

A kick in the gass!! (Read 335 times)

My bike is my therapist

The gas prices around here keep inching up. It’s getting more common to find it above $4. Sad Riding the bike has more benefits than just exercise. Tongue The local newspaper lists eight station’s prices with a range from $3.86 to $4.13. With our members scattered across the states, including Alaska Wink, I was curious what yours is like. andsmit and jules your welcome to chime in. Yours would not be a direct comparison, but I suppose you’ve seen the increase as well. My in-laws (from England) tell me we still have cheap gas. Undecided
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers
      We've seen prices $4.39, with diesel over $5 - really bad for us. Our food prices are high because most is shipped in, with the higher fuel prices, the grocery bills will be climbing soon as well. I finally found a safe "trail" to run on - but I have to drive a little over 10 miles to get there, and no I can't ride my bike there .... I find myself thinking at least twice before driving anywhere anymore, and trying to combine errands and such as much as possible. I'm getting about 17-18 MPG, so not too great.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Paid £22.20 for 18.12 litres of diesel which at an exchange rate of $1.90 to the £1 comes to $8.80 per US gallon. Don't use my car much as I cycle to work and haven't used car since Monday when I went to the dentist as we had a cloud burst. Not running at the moment as have a problem with my thigh but I can still cycle. The problem with that is the weather is terrible its more like late September as its cold and very wet.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My bike is my therapist

I finally found a safe "trail" to run on - but I have to drive a little over 10 miles to get there, and no I can't ride my bike there ....
          Hey Chenille, glad you found a good trail. I love running on a trail especially when my legs feel tired of pounding the pavement. Too bad you can't ride there. Sad I wouldn't bike to the trails I run either. The roads are not bike friendly with narrow lanes and fast cars. Sorry to hear about the leg problems jules. The bike is a good low impact alternative until your better. And the weather over there is suppose to be wonderful in the summer! Confused That's why airfare doubles in the summer months for the flights to England. By the way the inlaws will be arriving here Mon to stay for a couple of weeks. I'll tell them to leave the weather behind. But then again they usually come over here in summer and melt so some cool rain might feel good. Wink
          "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Up here in Washington state gas prices are right at $4.33 a gallon. My drive to my run is only two miles so I don't feel too bad about doing it. I am lucky to have a paved trail down by the river to run on. From end to end it is about 18 miles, I live in the middle. I do find myself running trails in the woods behind my house, or running repeats on the hill we live on more often now. I wish there was a place to lock up my bike where I run but am out of luck on that. My bike mileage is way down, could use the help there.