1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

My new ride (Read 216 times)

Just picked up a new ride at the bike shop this weekend. Look out pace bunny!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I have a Synapse, too!  Which version is that--looks carbon (mine is the Féminine 5 alloy)?  It is SHARP!  Does it have the red bar tape...I love that!  I can't wait to hear how you like it.  I should be getting out for my first outdoor ride of '10 tomorrow. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom it is the carbon 5 with red tape and red keo pedals. I have ridden it twice so far and I love it! BTW nice to meet you.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, my hubby has those same red pedals--they look awesome!  I wish someone made orange pedals.  I have boring old Shimano SPDs and mountain shoes (so I can walk around easier in them).

How long have you been riding?  My Synapse is my first road bike.  I'm really looking forward to the cross-training.  My hubby is a major bike geek, so it's something we can do together.  Can't wait until DS (9) is big enough for a road bike. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

That looks sweet! congrats on the new wheels

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Chenille-Thanks, so far I love it!

zoom-zoom-I have been riding for a long time. Started as a racer in my teens. Now I ride primarily for fun and fitness. My old road bike was showing signs of age, and the angles on this bike feel better as not only my bike shows signs of age.

Ah yes, my wheels are also showing signs of age.....oh, wait, are we still talking about bikes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just got back from my first outdoor ride of '10 with the hubby.  It was gorgeous...but all our rutted, chip-sealed roads really emphasize the beauty of carbon.  That alloy is not very vibration-absorbent.  I think you will really appreciate your bike, Tut.  And it is comfy.  My only other bike in my adult life is/was a tank of a Schwinn mtn. bike.  I think it was at least an inch too big, so riding that thing was never very pleasant for me.  My new Cannondale was well-fit by a super reputable guy (also a good friend).  My bike feels like it was made just for me.

Enjoy your awesome new baby!  Does he/she have a name?

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Its a work of art and should be hung on the wall not taken out and got dirty.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.