1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Whats your opinion... (Read 354 times)

My bike is my therapist

I just realized that I've put 80 miles on some sort of trainer in the last week with weather being the culprit. I have a fluid trainer and a set of rollers. My workout on these trainers is usually more intense than a typical road ride. I also mountain bike quite a bit. So, which miles do you count toward your goal?? I look at it as saddle time. Count it all. But I'm interested in your opinions.
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers
      Count it all ! I am so new to biking, and while being on a trainer does not feel like being on the road - I am working hard just the same. Not so good for the core/balance, but the legs are definitely getting a workout. I'm curious about the rollers - do you have a support for your front wheel or do you just ride on the rollers?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

... I'm curious about the rollers - do you have a support for your front wheel or do you just ride on the rollers?
        You literally just sit the bike on the rollers and ride. Getting started is tricky. Just hold on to something with one hand until you get a little speed then transfer your hand to the bike and your off. Your actually moving the bike side to side slightly to maintain your balance. And by slightly I mean 2-3 inches. With the help of the gyroscopic forces from the wheels its not as difficult as it seems after a little practice. BUT, don't drop your guard. It can spit you out of one side in a flash as I found out one evening reaching for the DVD remote.
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers
          Shocked ! I think you should get bonus miles for riding the rollers Cool

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

I'd count all of the miles as well. I just picked up a sweet fluid trainer last weekend and hope to start logging some miles on it while the weather continues to be nasty. I've also got a mountain bike that I'm gonna use for slower rides with my wife. I plan to count all of those miles as well. Smile Those rollers sound like trouble. I'd probably kill myself on those things! Black eye

My bike is my therapist

... I just picked up a sweet fluid trainer last weekend and hope to start logging some miles on it while the weather continues to be nasty.
              Let me know how you like the fluid trainer. I have a few pros and cons.
              5000 Mile Club
              Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

westward13 hows that fluid trainer working out. I love to use mine but after about an hour to hour and a half my hips and knees start complaining. I think its the rigidity of having the bike clamped in it and it doesn't rock slightly while you ride. The rollers allow the bike to rock so I don't have that problem on it. Smile
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers