1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Just wanted to say hey and wish everyone a great 2013! (Read 8 times)

I'm surprised and impressed to see this group is still up and running.  Smile  You guys rock!

For the first time in about 7 years, I rode 0 miles last year (not counting a couple of miles here and there in physical therapy) but still managed to hit 1000 miles running for the third year in a row (1031 which was a huge drop from 2011 when I finished with 1523).  Back at it again to start the new year and already have 77 miles logged on the bike (of the stationary variety).  Smile

Hope everyone is doing well!

jules2

As reported elsewhere on this forum I had a bad 2012 as did a lot of our posters so to get me out of my rut I've entered a half marathon in early April, should be interesting as I haven't raced for nearly a year and my last half was sometime before thatSmile

Zoomy are you healing?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am...slowly, but surely.  Am hoping to maybe, finally get out on my "new" (aside from it's first owner who put only 70 miles on it I have had 2 friends and my kid put a bunch of miles on it, so it's not really new, anymore) fat bike for the first time, tomorrow, since we have a butt-load of snow, suddenly.  It has grip shifters and decent disc brakes, so it doesn't take too much effort to operate.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Good news, we've had plenty of snow this side of the pond, make sure you drop the tyre pressure to get as much grip as possible.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.