1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2011 Results (Read 225 times)

Eternal Rookie

Congrats to Buzz 63, gmar4718, jules2, Runningsteph117, and xhristopher! As for the rest of you, we’re going have to sit down a have a serious talk about your dedication to achieving 1000/1000 Wink

Happy New Year everybody!

<colgroup> <col width="110" /> <col span="2" width="110" /></colgroup>
    Athlete Run Bike
    BeastieRoy 811.3 mi

1706.4 mi

BOWSER 289.2 mi

2749.2 mi

Burglar11 782.7 mi

1300.0 mi

Buzz 63 1338.8 mi

1112.6 mi

Chenille 809.6 mi

20.7 mi

danadearest    
    djdeary 510.2 mi

387.3 mi

dtraitor 619.3 mi

1371.4 mi

easytiger 571 mi

1659.0 mi

elpetay 327.9 mi

619.2 mi

Eternal Rookie 1576 mi

164.4 mi

gmar4718 1235.7 mi

1351.4 mi

hbarney 626 mi

89.5 mi

jackal101    
    JLM 848.4 mi

1107.1 mi

jules2 1001 mi

3052.3 mi

Lizard-82    
    Mikeco 562.6 mi

2725.6 mi

pfriese 1623.8 mi 0 mi
    run2fly4ever    
    Runningsteph117 1065.2 mi 1060.1 mi
    shadowrunner 938.3 mi

286.9 mi

westward13 362.4 mi 0 mi
    xhristopher 1358.4 mi

1888.7 mi

zoom-zoom 710.3 mi

4157.9 mi

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I biked circles around y'all! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Hey, I biked circles around y'all! Wink

Is that because like a lot of your gender you can't read a map?Black eye

Thank you ER for doing this, as you say congratulations to Buzz, gmar, runningsteph and a special pat on the back to xhristopher considering the troubles he had.

Zoomy wins the most miles on a bike.

As for me I limped to 1001 due to a sore knee and a month or two ago I doubted that I would ever get there.  I don't record the first 1/4 mile or so of of my runs when I warm up and I never log the warm ups for races so that gives me a margin for error.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Hey - I left in April - my totals don't count!

Happy New Year to you too!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is that because like a lot of your gender you can't read a map?Black eye

Hey, I have a pretty good sense of direction (at least until I'm in the woods on my mtn. bike, then all bets are OFF)! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Chenille, I saw this link and thought of you http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16345232

I see she picked the safe pole - no bears or moose at that one...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

xhristopher

Hey, I have a pretty good sense of direction (at least until I'm in the woods on my mtn. bike, then all bets are OFF)! Tongue

I used to get lost in the woods all the time until I started using my GPS. Now it helps me explorer even more trails that I might have otherwise missed.

Hoping for more in 2012. Everything is a possibility. Races from mile to marathon on road or trail, tri, du, mtn bike race, time trial, century, crit, cx...

Bring it.

Oh, still waiting for Cannondale to send the promised warrantied frame replacement. Remember the one I took in last August? I check in monthly and the rep keeps offering a new excuse. It had better get here by March at least! 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, still waiting for Cannondale to send the promised warrantied frame replacement. Remember the one I took in last August? I check in monthly and the rep keeps offering a new excuse. It had better get here by March at least! 

No way!  They could take a lesson from Specialized.  When DH had a crack in his frame he had a new one in just a week or so.

~ Sarah Kay

It looks like I picked a good year to join this group, since 2012 is a leap year. Now instead of averaging 2.739 miles per day we will only need 2.732! Yesssssssss!

jules2

Welcome aboard BR, just one question you are 26 years old yet want to feel younger, how much younger do you want to feel?

This question has been asked by someone who got these from their youngest daughter ( who is older than you ) for Christmas

http://www.hawkin.com/20670-05278/jellyatrics

Growing up I was always playing baseball with little splashes of basketball and soccer thrown in a some points, so I was always in some kind of shape and I realized early on the benefits of fitness. I never did any independent running though, but I was still able to place top 3 in my gym class for the mile (small, hillbilly school). Like many people, after graduating fitness wasn't much of a concern, especially for me since I have never struggled with weight. However as the years dragged on I started to remember those days in gym class and missed the feeling of accomplishment.

I guess for me, I've never really felt like a person who is growing older, just growing up. I run to remember the feeling of accomplishment, to be able to do something that most people my age can't do. When I look back on myself in five years, some of my fondest memories will probably be the ones I spent pounding out miles, so I suppose I run to make good memories. I hope that is clear enough for you cuz it's pretty much the best I can do. Smile

"Running adds years to my life, and life to my years." - zoomy