1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

The numbers thru February (Read 425 times)

Eternal Rookie

<colgroup><col span="1" width="101" /><col span="2" width="64" /></colgroup>
    Athlete Run Bike
    allezallezallez 2.8 45
    BOWSER 11.7 289.2
    Burglar11 79.7 134.3
    Buzz 63 120 369.7
    djdeary 150.2 0
    dtraitor 53.2 140
    elpetay 0 0
    Eternal Rookie  221.7 0
    gmar4718 221.8 296
    JLM 47.8 78.6
    jules2 156.3 362.3
    leftylogan 328.6 0
    Lizard-82 23.9 39.2
    lostinthenet3 81.6 29.2
    Mikeco 201.8  
    Pace Bunny 163.8 163.8
    pfriese 362.8 0
    shadowrunner 231.7 0
    stephgupton 179.8 0
    westward13 300.1 0
    xhristopher 542.6 0
    zoom-zoom 157.6 448.9
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just happy that I'm kicking Jules' butt...just barely on the run, though.  By like 1 mile.  I'd better get crackin'!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

I'm just happy that I'm kicking Jules' butt...just barely on the run, though.  By like 1 mile.  I'd better get crackin'!

Didn't your parents teach you to be respectful towards the elderly?

Or spell for that matter, hasn't "crackin" got a "g" on the end?Clown

The only reason you are close is because I had the vomiting bug a couple of weeks ago, at one stage I was running towards the toilet thinking "heads or tails" as I urgently wanted to go from both ends.  Right that's the gory details over.

I'm seriously behind with my cycling partly because I've had a holiday in TenerfieCool and partly due to the bad weather.

Problem is I have four duathlons in the next few weeks including the British Championship plus a half marathon and a couple of 10K's.

What are you up to, any events planned?

Thanks ER for posting the results.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Problem is I have four duathlons in the next few weeks including the British Championship plus a half marathon and a couple of 10K's.

What are you up to, any events planned?

I have my first time trial in about 3.5 weeks...kinda freaking about that, since I haven't ridden outdoors on my bike since Nov. and haven't ridden outdoors on my new bike, period.  I know it's going to handle a lot differently than my previous bike.  So that has me kinda freaked.  Plus there's a lot of gravel and crap on the roads from all of the plowing.

After that a "duathlon" (just a 5k followed by a bike leg, no 2nd run leg) in April, then my goal du on May 1.  I have another Du in July, I think.  And I plan to get in at least 3 century rides this year.

I hear you on that tummy/intestinal business.  Sounds like the Norwalk/Noro-like virus.  That is EVIL!  We all had that maybe 5-6 years ago.  I've never been so ill.  Lost 8#s in 24 hours.  Horrid.  I hope you're feeling better after that mess.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I failed again at leading the mileage here with running alone so I promise I'll put in some bike miles soon. After daylight savings comes and we get an "ok" day I'll give it a go at the bike commute. Promise.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I failed again at leading the mileage here with running alone so I promise I'll put in some bike miles soon. After daylight savings comes and we get an "ok" day I'll give it a go at the bike commute. Promise.

I can't wait for DST!  And for no more friggin' snow.  It's snowing again.  EVERY time I plan a run of more than 6 miles it snows.  Blech.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

I can't wait for DST!  And for no more friggin' snow.  It's snowing again.  EVERY time I plan a run of more than 6 miles it snows.  Blech.

Started off with a frost and its now "soared" to 6C with heavy drizzle it was ideal weather this morning for my first duathlon.

What part of Global Warming don't I understand?

By the way congratulations on your weight loss, Mad Mary at work lost quite a bit of weight so I mentioned it to her, she was really happy until I said I had noticed because when she stands up now I can still see the print room, sometimes women can be difficult to read.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xhristopher

Posted my first bike miles yesterday, an easy 16 on the trainer. It felt great and I'm sure I can get myself scooting along quickly if I can keep it up a few times a week. The roads are now free of snow but full of debris and new potholes. Therefore, I expect commuting to be an adventure and to be changing a few flats. I've got to find a spring duathlon to target. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sings* I finally rode my bike outside, yesterday (it was still really cold, but the roads were almost 100% clear)!!!  Question for you guys...does it sound like I'm on the mark re: needing a somewhat longer stem?

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

*sings* I finally rode my bike outside, yesterday (it was still really cold, but the roads were almost 100% clear)!!!  Question for you guys...does it sound like I'm on the mark re: needing a somewhat longer stem?

Yeah, not much way to know if your stem is dialed in when riding on the trainer. I bet you are right and need a longer one. By chance is there one on another bike you could "borrow" for a ride or two? That way, if you do need a new one, you could confidently buy a very nice one. I'm guessing the ones lying around are all 110 or longer...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, not much way to know if your stem is dialed in when riding on the trainer. I bet you are right and need a longer one. By chance is there one on another bike you could "borrow" for a ride or two? That way, if you do need a new one, you could confidently buy a very nice one. I'm guessing the ones lying around are all 110 or longer...

Yeah, hubby's stem is 110.  My stem on my previous bike was also 80. (and we'd talked about getting a longer one for that, too, before it became obvious that an entire new bike would be a better fit).

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Yeah, hubby's stem is 110.  My stem on my previous bike was also 80. (and we'd talked about getting a longer one for that, too, before it became obvious that an entire new bike would be a better fit).

How about this... You can get a stem at price point for 11 bucks. Try the 9 and 10 and, when you've got the fit nailed, get yourself something fancy, light, and colorful. I'm happy with my mid level Ritchey.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/12722-305_SETA64-3-Parts-72-Stems/Sette-Aeon-26.0mm-Road-Stem.htm

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's not a bad plan...though I'll bet our shop would even swap me for a longer one for free.  The owner is our friend and I never actually had a true fitting on-bike...he took my measurements from my previous fitting and the bike arrived while I was in Vegas, so hubby brought it home and surprised me when I got back.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

That's not a bad plan...though I'll bet our shop would even swap me for a longer one for free.  The owner is our friend and I never actually had a true fitting on-bike...he took my measurements from my previous fitting and the bike arrived while I was in Vegas, so hubby brought it home and surprised me when I got back.

I bet they would make sure you get that last bit of fit dialed and swap a 9 for a 10, if necessary. The stem length is just a minor tweak and an easy swap. I remember when it used to involve removing bar tape. What a PITA!

Any good recommendations on tires? It's time for new ones. I've been using Michelin Krylion Carbon for durability when commuting but am always interested in other options.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any good recommendations on tires? It's time for new ones. I've been using Michelin Krylion Carbon for durability when commuting but am always interested in other options.

I've got some Scwalbe dealies on, now...haven't ridden enough to say whether they are good or not.  I think my next set will likely be some royal blue Conti Grand Prix 4000s...just 'cause they're fun and I've read good reviews.

~ Sarah Kay