1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

Do I get leverage for Mountain Bike miles as they are far harder than road one ? don't panic its only a joke.
    Only if I get bonus points for staying on a trainer - that has got to be the most boring thing ever!!!! At least on the treadmill, your whole body is moving..... Welcome Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Only if I get bonus points for staying on a trainer - that has got to be the most boring thing ever!!!! At least on the treadmill, your whole body is moving..... Welcome Smile
      That's an awesome picture! Big grin
        Just found this group as mainly use the "masters" count me in. Westward I assume you can just download my mileages of do you need me to send them? My bike miles show in cross training Do I get leverage for Mountain Bike miles as they are far harder than road one ? don't panic its only a joke.
        Welcome to the group! I'll be more than happy to add you to our January totals.
          Nice...Now I need to start running and biking and I'll be good.
          It's still early in the year. You can do it!

My bike is my therapist

Do I get leverage for Mountain Bike miles as they are far harder than road one ?
            How true! A trail can waste me in half the time the road can. Tongue And you don't get to suck a wheel on the trail. Undecided
            Only if I get bonus points for staying on a trainer - that has got to be the most boring thing ever!!!!
            Again, I completely agree. I find changing the pace or gear every 4-5 minutes can take a little monotony out of it. Go to your highest gear and stand for a minute helps. How are the shoes working out? Did you get the clipless pedals? Smile
            "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
            5000 Mile Club
            Half Marathon Trainers
              Again, I completely agree. I find changing the pace or gear every 4-5 minutes can take a little monotony out of it. Go to your highest gear and stand for a minute helps. How are the shoes working out? Did you get the clipless pedals? Smile
              I'm just now trying out a little harder gear - but I am surprised at how I feel such a big difference by moving up just 1 gear. Standing is not in the picture yet. I have 2 more weeks to go before I can start my walking program. I haven't been able to find a pair of shoes yet !!!! I have big feet - sigh - when I get into a size that fits my foot - the tongue of the shoe cuts into my ankle - it's like it's too high and stiff. I tried a pair of Pearl's that were styled like running shoes - but the piece that holds the clip stuck up inside the shoe, and within 5 minutes of riding - I could tell my feet were not happy. There are a couple of other bike stores in town - I'll be looking around some more next week. If you have any recommendations - love to hear it. I don't want to spend a fortune - and I do want shoes with treads. Thanks.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

...Standing is not in the picture yet. I have 2 more weeks to go before I can start my walking program.
                Be patient, You'll be glad you did in the long run. Smile
                I haven't been able to find a pair of shoes yet !!!! I have big feet - sigh - when I get into a size that fits my foot - the tongue of the shoe cuts into my ankle - it's like it's too high and stiff. I tried a pair of Pearl's that were styled like running shoes - but the piece that holds the clip stuck up inside the shoe, and within 5 minutes of riding - I could tell my feet were not happy. There are a couple of other bike stores in town - I'll be looking around some more next week. If you have any recommendations - love to hear it. I don't want to spend a fortune
                Your going about it the right way. Don't settle for anything that doesn't feel good. Two or three hours in a shoe that that doesn't fit well is brutal.
                ...and I do want shoes with treads.
                Mountain bike style shoes should fit the bill. The sole is a lot more flexible than a road shoe. Love that treadmill pic. Thats priceless. Big grin
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Croydon, How do you manage to split your rides into different catergories please? Also can anyone tell me how you post photographs on to messages, mine are in Vista.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My bike is my therapist

Croydon, How do you manage to split your rides into different categories please?
                    By categories I'm assuming you mean "Type". I'll go with it and if I'm wrong just let me know. Wink When you make a log entry there is a dropdown menu beside "Type:" where I select Road Ride, Trail Ride, Rollers, etc. To add more "Types" to this menu click on "Options" at the upper right, then "My Log Preferences", look down at "Workout types:" and click on which type you want to modify. Just enter in the boxes what you want to call it and click on the color block to change that. You can change the colors of any of them for that matter. At the bottom click "Save". Big grin
                    ,,,Also can anyone tell me how you post photographs on to messages, mine are in Vista.
                    You need to have the photo or image stored on the web. At the top of the text box there is an icon with a mountain. Click on that and put the web address of the photo you want to post between the "img>web address
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers
                      Also can anyone tell me how you post photographs on to messages, mine are in Vista.
                      If you find a picture on the web you want to share - right click on it - go to "properties" - click that - copy the link and then put the link between the IMG 's that's what I did for the kittie pics. OK - we are waiting for pictures now....... Big grin Croydon - love your emoticons!!!

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Croydon - love your emoticons!!!
                        Well, thank you.
                        5000 Mile Club
                        Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks for the help I'll let you know how I get on, just had a run and heading for the bath.

Eternal Rookie

Is there a way to make a "sticky note" type link in the forum? http://www.freewebs.com/westward242/index.htm
                              Totals have been updated through 2/10/08. We lost a member (BFrank) but gained 2 more (jules2 and kds)! Looks like kds has taken your spot on the board with the ?? totals, Eternal Rookie. That said, I just wanted to throw out some kudos to the members that are kicking that bunny's tail so far this year. As far as the running goes, MRoualet has already lapped the bunny twice (with 367 total miles) while andsmit, rch and pfriese are all off to a great start this year with over 200 miles themselves. In the biking portion, we've got Croydon destroying that bunny (and the rest of us) with over 700 miles already!! New member jules2 and the recovering Chenille are both holding their own with 345 and 207 miles respectively thus far. Great job to all! Chris

jules2

westward13, thanks for setting this up. You sound like a kindred spirit, I discovered one day I enjoyed running, my problem was that I was well over 50 before I found out! One way or another I spend some time every day on a bike as I ride to work and go out at weekends. I have two mountain bikes ( bought the latest one a couple of weeks ago ) 2 road bikes ( winter and summer) and a time trial bike. So I tend to enter the mileage in weekly lumps using the odo reading. I have to be careful as my youngest daughter uses one of the mountain bikes to keep me company when I do long runs. I'm training for the Hague Half Marathon ( Holland ) at the moment thats on 15th March but as the days get longer I'm starting to increase my cycling mileage by going home the long way as I have a two day mountain bike race at the end of March, followed then by a couple of duathlons in April afterall variety is the spice of life..