1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

Updates have finally been posted! Sorry about the delay folks! It's been a rough past few weeks.

jules2

Thanks for that you've prompted me to up date my cycling so its already out of date, thats gratitude for you. My half screwed me up but so far this month I have exceeeded March and February mileages ( poor as they are ) and I'm really looking forward to my next half the Sunday after next. I know what its like being laid up but thats life is everything was easy it wouldn't be worth doing, good luck and keep us posted.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Thanks, Chris! Motivated me too, I am determined to keep ahead of the bike bunny.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

pfriese

Chris, Thanks for the pace chart page. I have the running bunny pretty well dusted. Now that the weather is nice, it's time to make up mileage on that bike pace bunny now Big grin. Paul

jules2

Just logged my mileage and reached 1041 on my bikes so just the running bunny to catch now, 366 so far compared to 424 for the whole of last year so well on my way and no injuries. Looking good.

My bike is my therapist

Here is something I threw together on Google Docs. Comments, corrections, or improvements most welcome. Smile Year to date totals
              "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
              5000 Mile Club
              Half Marathon Trainers
                I need to start posting my cycling miles, the bunny is closer than it appears but peak cycling time is coming up. Croydon thanks for taking this over, it is much appreciated. Also time for me to be a more frequent poster.

My bike is my therapist

Hi all. I've updated the totals as of 6/29/08. Look like Hokieesq is the only one keeping the Pace Bunny in the dust in both categories with Eternal Rookie and jules2 right on his heels. Mileage Totals as of 6/29/08 I also created a chart using Google Docs. Year to date totals Any suggestions or corrections please contact me at Croydon0-AT-Gmail.com. Thats a zero at the end of Croydon. Big grin
                  5000 Mile Club
                  Half Marathon Trainers
                    Nice job Croyden! Thanks for taking this on, and Shocked 2502 on the bike!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Yes thanks Croydon, as of tonight I'm on 1437 cycling and 455 running so I'll have to crank the running up. I log my running daily but put the cycling in at odd intervals Did my first 10 mile time trial tonight for nearly a year I forgot what a painful experience they are 27:17 not exactly earth shattering. Anyway Croydon, hows the running going now are you fully recovered from your op?

My bike is my therapist

Here is the weekly update...well bi-weekly. Sad Sorry, I will try to make this a weekly update. Looks like six of you are ahead of the running bunny and four of us are ahead of the riding bunny with Hokieesq the only one ahead of both. Way to go Hokieesq!! : Congrats to andsmit who finished strong in the Franschhoek Bastille Day 21km just this Saturday. Chenille your running has been very consistent the last few weeks, keep it up. Eternal Rookie was "content" with running a sub 20 minute 5k at the Cadillac Firecracker 5k on the 4th of July. Good job. Smile Yea, don't I wish I had a sub 20 PR. Wink Hokieesq, what can I say, your whipping the bunnies! Big grin jules looks like you've had some good bike time with a 88 mile ride recently! Tongue But the week break in Scotland has let the running bunny catch you. Sad Our youngest runner, leftylogan ran the Firecracker Mary Castle Memorial 5k on the 4th of July. Good run Logan. Good finish, should have placed you well in your age group. Mikeco just crossed the 1000 mile mark AND has only missed 2 days of either running or riding since April 20 with a half marathon thrown in there. Incredible! The rest of us are keeping our own pace. I had a 60 mile bike race yesterday (13th) which I turned into 80+ by riding to the start line. We started out at a blistering pace until about mile 30. With the pack see-sawing on each hill and the heat, riders started dropping. Free pizza afterward Big grin which was a nice rest then I slogged 11 miles home like a wet rag. Mileage Totals as of 7/13/08 Google Docs: Year to date totals
                        5000 Mile Club
                        Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks for the update, my leg is a bit dodgy so I'm working on the bike more at the moment.

My bike is my therapist

Wish you a speedy recovery jules. The bike is a good low impact option.
                            Anyway Croydon, hows the running going now are you fully recovered from your op?
                            Fully recovered I'd say. Big grin Too bad there's not a surgery to implant motivation. The heat we've had recently has been brutal. Tongue
                            5000 Mile Club
                            Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

Here's the current totals. It's been quiet around here. Everybody OK?? Mileage Totals as of 7/27/08 Google Docs: Year to date totals
                              5000 Mile Club
                              Half Marathon Trainers
                              pfriese

Thanks for the update. Summer is going well. Running has slowed up a bit with the heat, but cycling has picked up very well. I finished off the running pace bunny this month and have almost caught the cycling pace bunny, should have him passed by next weekend. Keep running and cycling, Paul