1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

I had hoped to be a little more regular with biking by now, but the running is going so well, that I signed up for a half in 3 weeks, and next weekend I'm running a 10K, which I hope will give me a better idea of the pace to run my half Big grin Once I'm done with those, I want to concentrate on upping those biking miles. I plan on taking most of December off from running. That will give me some catch up time with the bike bunny, as long as he's not too far ahead of me by then... I don't envy y'all your heat...but seriously, we have had like 2 days of full sunshine this summer...I NEED SUN!!!!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Chenille, after reading your post I had to look at where you are from. Alaska, and you say you are waiting for December to ride! I take my hat off to you. I have the Seattle marathon at the end of November and was also waiting till then to get in some bike miles. By the time December roles around I will be so far behind I won't even be able to smell that bunny. I was thinking it would be a little easier to get the bike miles in, but I got a little more hooked on running than I planned too.
        Buzz, I spent most of the first couple of months of this year on my trainer...it is hard to take time away from running now. Besides, I hate to admit it, but my bike is still on the trainer (psst - don't tell anyone else in here....) Blush ... Big grin Now - I have no problems running in the rain... but - no way am I going to be out in the rain on my bike!!!! Maybe, I'll graduate to that next year....when my bike has both outdoor wheels again Big grin BTW, after 1 day of sun...it's back to overcast again...sigh.... MTA: I hope you didn't think I was a hardcore rider who would be biking outdoors in the Alaskan winter Cool ....NOT!!!! but I do think Pugsley's are cool....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Thats some serious tyres it must be cycling uphill all the while. I will post a picture of my bike when I remember how.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Not having a indoor trainer myself, I forgot all about those. That would make it a lot easier come December. I'm with you running in the rain is good, running in the snow is better, but no way do I like riding in either.
              Thats some serious tyres it must be cycling uphill all the while. I will post a picture of my bike when I remember how.
              Jules - those are special bikes for conditions requiring lots of traction...like snow Big grin here's a link pugsley

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille I'm afraid when it comes to mountain bikes I'm chicken. Thanks for the link it was really interesting at least you can't hurt yourself much in the snow. Anyway ran today 2.5 miles the first time in two weeks ( only did 16 miles in July) and had no problem so fingers crossed. I'm seeing a physio next week anyway. As I haven't run I've been working on the cycling. Did a 10 mile time trial last night it was a perfect evening muggy but still did 26.24 best time this year but I haven't really trained for them. It was only 25 seconds short of my all time course PB in 2004. Done just over 75 miles this week so far but I only tend to log my miles once a week as I have 5 bikes.

My bike is my therapist

Hey guys, I haven't fallen off the earth. I've been on vacation in Maryland for a couple of weeks without internet access. About day two I realized I should have posted a warning. Confused Sorry. I'll unpack and update the totals later today. Sounds like the lot of you have had the bunnies sweating with all the running and riding. I did manage to find a spinning bike in the hotel gym and did that a few times. I think I'd rather have a tooth pulled. Undecided Chris, glad to hear the recovery is going well. Be patient. I almost had to lock my bike and give someone else the key after my surgery. Smile Chenille that Surly is awesome!! Shocked Looks like it would go anywhere! Apart from that, hope everyone else is doing well. Lots to do today. Better get started. Big grin
                  "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
                  5000 Mile Club
                  Half Marathon Trainers
                    Hey, Croyden! Hope you had a great vacation! Pictures to share? Welcome back Smile

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Here's the current totals as of 8/10/08. hokieesq has left both bunnies in the dust. Eternal Rookie is now ahead of the running bunny. And pfriese has passed the bike bunny. Pats on the back to all three of you. Big grin Mileage Totals as of 8/10/08 Google Docs: Year to date totals
                      5000 Mile Club
                      Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks for the update I can't seem to get the injury in my leg cleared so I think 1000 running will beat me although I am doing a bit now. Ah well I'll just have to see how far I can go in the cycling.

sorry to hear that Jules, what's going on with your leg?

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille, Have a niggle in my thigh, I've seen a consultant and now seeing a physio hopefully I will sort it soon I'm just doing runs of around half an hour at the moment in case longers ones bring it back.

Chenille, Have a niggle in my thigh, I've seen a consultant and now seeing a physio hopefully I will sort it soon I'm just doing runs of around half an hour at the moment in case longers ones bring it back.
                              That's good that you are able to do at least 30 minutes - hopefully the physio will be able to figure out the exact issue - that's always the hard part, isn't it? Best of luck.

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Hey, Croyden! Hope you had a great vacation! Pictures to share? Welcome back Smile
                                The pics are on the wife's camera. Try to post some when I get my hands on 'em. Smile
                                Thanks for the update I can't seem to get the injury in my leg cleared so I think 1000 running will beat me although I am doing a bit now. Ah well I'll just have to see how far I can go in the cycling.
                                Hope things go well for you. Half hour runs at an eight min pace is not shabby in my book. Big grin And I'm not sure I know what a "niggle" is, but I'm sure I don't want one. Wink
                                5000 Mile Club
                                Half Marathon Trainers