1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

My bike is my therapist

...Did a 58 mile MTB event on Saturday over 6000 feet climbing then a 6 mile XCrunning relay early the next morning.
    Wow Shocked that sounds invigorating (read painful). I so want to do a MTB century. The two I have on my list for next year are the FOOL'S GOLD 100 in north Georgia, and Shenandoah Mountain 100 in Virginia. A group of us are going to Pisgah National Forest this weekend and ride about 40 miles on fire roads. They said that would give me a good taste of the Shenandoah ride. I'll see how it goes. May stick with the road rides. Undecided
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Look like some good rides, like size in other matters, in Mountain Biking distance isn't everything. Forest trails are Ok but we have mud, moorland tracks, rocks etc. On Saturday we had sand on the high tracks that meant you had to fight to keep going and the front end kept washing out. We can have a 50 miler that needs as much effort as a 100 on trails. One event was so muddy that ( pre disk brakes ) I disconnected the brakes to stop the mud clogging everything up.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My bike is my therapist

Here are the totals as of 10/13/08. The year is winding down fast. Shocked Don't forget the holidays the next two months will probably cut into the runnin' and ridin'. Big grin Well it does mine. Undecided Mileage Totals as of 10/13/08 Google Docs: Year to date totals
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks for doing the update, I stand no chance of getting 1000 miles running but things are picking up. Last week I ran 7 days for a total of just over 35 miles, my highest ever weekly milage since I started keeping the log. I must admit I need to update the cycling as I'm somewhat behind on that.

My bike is my therapist

Thanks for doing the update,
            No prob Wink
            I stand no chance of getting 1000 miles running but things are picking up.
            Same here. I never managed to get consistent with the running and just watched the bunny go over the horizon. Sad As usual, I always manage to get a ride in. The cycle club sponsored a metric century this weekend. It was a great ride and the weather was perfect. Smile
            5000 Mile Club
            Half Marathon Trainers

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Thanks for the updated totals. I'm always checking that to see where I'll land. I haven't given up yet on the bike bunny yet. It's easier to catch up on the bike mileage, December is an open month for me, my last marathon this year is the last weekend in November, after that it's all bike. Without an indoor trainer it's a lot of cold wet miles in my future.

My bike is my therapist

Have you guys evaporated!! Shocked Yea, I've been kinda quite myself. I've committed to a few things outside of work that has taken some of my free time. Weather has certainly turned cold here. It's been in the 20's the last two nights and suppose to be in the 30's at night till the weekend. Undecided Very unusual for this time of year. I can't believe how fast this year has passed. It will be Thanksgiving before you know it then Christmas! Most of our weekly group rides have stopped with the shorter days and cooler temps. I guess Chenille thinks I'm a wimp complaining about 30 degree weather. Big grin Here's the update: Mileage Totals as of 10/30/08 Google Docs: Year to date totals
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers
                pfriese

Thanks for the updated totals. I'm still racking up the runnng miles, but haven't been on the bicycle since riding the Hotter than Hell Hundred at the end of August. My youngest daughter and I rode that together before she headed back to college. She'll be home for Thanksgiving holidays, so hopefully the weather will be decent and I can knock out that final 70 miles to reach 1000. Paul
                    . I guess Chenille thinks I'm a wimp complaining about 30 degree weather. Big grin
                    Wimp!!!!! I've been running in 20 degree weather and it has not been good. I've been pretty focused on my running, seeing how far I can break the 10% rule and all Tongue I have a race that I just want to finish in about 3 weeks, after that I'm taking a break from running for a month. It's too late to catch the bike bunny, but I'm going to give it my best shot in December. Next year, hopefully I'll do a better job of balancing the two, and maybe even get my bike off the trainer Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Turned cold over here in England as well with raw winds and frost at night. No chance of getting to 1000 running but hit over 20 miles for 5 out of last 6 weeks and the only reason it isn't 6 out of 6 was a MTB race so I rested. I aim to get over 900 though. 2460 miles on the bikes but these days I sooner run in the Winter than cycle.

Jules, looks like you got all the niggles out Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Hey guys, hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving holidays. I spent most of the time traveling. Sad Well it's the last month of the year. We're getting down to the wire and I won't get much runnin' or ridin' done during Christmas. Undecided I got the Google doc updated (from work Wink ). Google Docs: Year to date totals Where did Chenille go Confused Confused. I found an interesting blog I thought she might like. http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/ The pics on the blog are wonderful. Smile Hope everyone has a great, and safe, holiday. Smile
                          5000 Mile Club
                          Half Marathon Trainers
                            Where did Chenille go Confused Confused. I found an interesting blog I thought she might like. http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/ The pics on the blog are wonderful. Smile Hope everyone has a great, and safe, holiday. Smile
                            Chenille checking in...run total = 917.5, bike total = 564.4 this is what I've been up to Big grin ummm, now I'm tired - thought I would be getting a handle (get it , handle...) on the bike bunny, but taking some well deserved rest instead, just focusing on strength training and giving my legs a rest. So close to meeting that 1000 miles running, but it will keep till next year. Hope at least some of your travels were for fun and not business, and wishing all of you happy holidays as well. Thanks for the link! The pictures are gorgeous!!! Can't wait till I get to visit Juneau - I have a friend who lives there that I have yet to visit....

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille, I'm right behind you, until January this year I'd never run a 100 miles in a month, then I picked up a couple of injuries and thought I'd never hit 1000. However by running almost everyday and slightly slower I've only got 115 miles to go, I can't believe it. The other odd thing is that I feel that much better running everyday compared to having rest days. My mileages for the last five months are, 16 July 39 August 85 September 108 October 165 November! Plus this year over 2500 on the bike. See you when I get to 1000. Have a three hour fell race this weekend and its cold ( but not by your standard )

Chenille, I'm right behind you, until January this year I'd never run a 100 miles in a month, then I picked up a couple of injuries and thought I'd never hit 1000. However by running almost everyday and slightly slower I've only got 115 miles to go, I can't believe it. The other odd thing is that I feel that much better running everyday compared to having rest days. My mileages for the last five months are, 16 July 39 August 85 September 108 October 165 November! Plus this year over 2500 on the bike. See you when I get to 1000. Have a three hour fell race this weekend and its cold ( but not by your standard )
                                Jules - that's awesome news with the mileage! Especially considering all the hard biking you did as well! Congrats on conquering the 2 pace bunnies this year Smile here's my last 5 months November: 99.2 October: 176.5 highest month ever Cool September: 94.7 August: 114.4 July: 124.8 Mi I started running the Spring of 2005 - if I had a history of running, I might be able to handle the back to back days now, but I'm fine with my alternate day schedule. l'm planning on a double every other week - for some reason, that feels better than running back to back days. Good luck with your race - I know what a fell race is, and that trumps cold weather anytime!!! Please let us know how it goes Smile

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group