1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Well, what do ya know.... (Read 306 times)

jules2

Nice photo's it looks very much like some parts of Scotland.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

The bike is going back on the trainer - not that I can do that or use it right now.  Tuesday, I had sudden onset severe back pain, MRI showed herniated disk, I am officially just auditing this group for the rest of the year.

Jules, I could use some of your humour right about now....

that goes for the rest of you too!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...Cheryl, that sucks.  But I think you are a goddess for tolerating the trainer as much as you do.  I am dreading Winter and wishing I had a cyclocross bike or something else I could mount with studded tires.  I will think of you as I pedal indoors.  If you can make it work, so can I. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Chenille,

Sorry to hear that.  I assume with it being your back that it limits any form of exercise.

To cheer you up I will post a picture of myself in the Team Great Britain Tri suit ( which I have just received in advance of the World Duathlon Championship ).   Then you will realise that you could be worse off as you could be married to me.

Kirsten, you'll have to type louder - I couldn't see past "goddess"....

Jules, today was not a good day for me - I want to see that picture.....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Really , Jules, I had to go all the way to the swamp to see that picture Joking

Congrats on the race!

No comment on the spandex....

Big grin

update: doing better - no running or biking, but I am walking 3-4 miles every day...right now, I'm very happy with that.

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Big grin

update: doing better - no running or biking, but I am walking 3-4 miles every day...right now, I'm very happy with that.

Cheryl:  Great to hear or as Confucius said:  "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."   Take care.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's still a lot more than most people do--and that time on your feet is really important. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Really , Jules, I had to go all the way to the swamp to see that picture Joking

Congrats on the race!

No comment on the spandex....

Big grin

Chenille,

I've been really busy and I was just going to post a reply to you when I realised you had beat me to it.

Here's some more details just follow the thread through .

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/UKRun/forum/dc9fda0bcc29432cba87bc677d07f2d8

I'm glad to hear you are managing to move about at bit my thoughts are with you.

Jules,I checked all the photos - seriously - you look really good - liked the intensity on your face both on the bike and run.

You do not look like you need to lose weight, and spandex does not lie...

Congrats again, you are an inspiration.  Smile

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Just found this group. Since for the past mth I have not been able to run with Hip injury that will not heal but biking 12-30 miles a day. Depends on if I commute or put it on the back of the car and just ride the 12 mile loop at lunch. Will have to connect the garmin up later and download work outs. 1000 running could be a strech but should get the 1000 biking in fact since I picked up the bike I am shocked at how many miles i have done. Chenille sorry to hear about your back.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

jules2

Welcome aboard, you are still 40 running miles ahead of me, where are you based?

Chenille, hows the back going?

lostinthenet glad you found this group! Sorry to hear that your hip problems are still an issue, but glad that biking is working out for you.

I got cleared to start throwing in a few 1 minute run intervals,but that did not work out too well. I thought I was doing well with aggressive walking, but now I'm having symptoms on my left leg as well as my right. Can I say "crap" ?

Never mind, I'm saying it - crap. Joking

I see my PT on Thursday. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself busy with my various hobbies, and I can definitely tell my core is getting stronger - I'll take whatever I can.

last week's hike, just a baby mountain - but it's a start...

http://picasaweb.google.com/chenille2/NorthFace

and from this morning

http://picasaweb.google.com/chenille2/20100922#5519905567075992802

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Lucky you, this is the nearest we have to a mountain in Leicestershire and as you can see the quarrymen have removed half of it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardon_Hill in fact even the village has been destroyed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just found this group. Since for the past mth I have not been able to run with Hip injury that will not heal but biking 12-30 miles a day. Depends on if I commute or put it on the back of the car and just ride the 12 mile loop at lunch. Will have to connect the garmin up later and download work outs. 1000 running could be a strech but should get the 1000 biking in fact since I picked up the bike I am shocked at how many miles i have done. Chenille sorry to hear about your back.

Hips are stupid...so are knees and ankles.  I'm of the mind that joints, in general, are more trouble than they're worth.  Hope your hip starts to behave, soon.  I'm also not certain about hitting 1k miles on foot, this year.  It will be close.

~ Sarah Kay