1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

1500/1500 (Read 288 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jules talked me into checking this out.  Anyone else shooting for 1500 miles @ each distance?  I did just over 1800 on-foot for '09, so 1500 miles of each sport seems like a reasonable goal for '10.  If it seems to kick my ass I may scale back the running mileage to 1200, to maintain 100 miles/month.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I'm cutting my run miles back to 1500 this year. Also increasing my bike miles to 3000 (ha, we'll see) this year. It's just a little trial to see if more bike less run would be equal to last years lots of run.

Hi, K, welcome

and , no - I'm still hoping to just get to 1000/1000 !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm cutting my run miles back to 1500 this year. Also increasing my bike miles to 3000 (ha, we'll see) this year. It's just a little trial to see if more bike less run would be equal to last years lots of run.

I'm really loving the cross-training.  I feel less beat-up, though I find that I am still tired and have to pay attention to that until I better acclimate to the bike.  I absolutely cannot wait for better biking weather, though.  Even if the roads were clear there is too much road salt and sand that I don't want to subject my pretty baby to.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I've been thinking I'd like to go the equivalent of coast to coast under my own power this year. Google says it's 3014 miles from here (Boston, MA) to Los Angeles. That's my combined distance goal, if everything goes well.

I use my bike to get about town (ride to the train, pulling the kid around, etc...) so, unlike previous years, I'm counting every mile on the bike, not just the high quality stuff.

jules2

When you start recording all your miles its surprising how many you cover.

I did a 48 mile ride yesterday but it was a bit windy on the way home luckily for most of the time is was sidewards to me, I just got home in time to miss the rain.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Some time back someone here posted a link for this,

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html

This website follows the  4104 mile Trans America Trail. You can record your activities such as running, riding or walking and it will show you on the map where you are,  Someone must have drove the thing with a movie camera rolling because it will also show a photo of the place you are at down to the .10 of a mile.  I did this  thinking maybe a year, but it took 18 months.

jules2

Thanks Buzz I have set myself up.  Its only accepts residents of the USA so I've put down Alabama as my home state as it was recomended by  Lynyrd Skynyrd.  So far this year I've got to Kentucky but there isn't a fried chicken in sight so I might be lost

In Great Britain its Lands End to John O'Groats which goes from the tip of Cornwall to the North East tip of Scotland a distance of around 837 miles depending on if you are using motorways or not.

100's of people do it every year by one means of transport or another, I did it none stop on a moter bike and managed to do it all in daylight.

People always do it South to North due to the prevailing winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land%27s_End_to_John_o%27_Groats

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xhristopher

Buzz, I just plugged in my data only to find with 492 miles I haven't even left Virginia yet. I'll probably get to Kentucky this week but won't make it 4000 miles this year at the rate I'm going. Jules, just getting across VA & KY looks to be further than the entire length of GB. Good grief!

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Thanks Buzz I have set myself up.  Its only accepts residents of the USA so I've put down Alabama as my home state as it was recomended by  Lynyrd Skynyrd.  So far this year I've got to Kentucky but there isn't a fried chicken in sight so I might be lost

In Great Britain its Lands End to John O'Groats which goes from the tip of Cornwall to the North East tip of Scotland a distance of around 837 miles depending on if you are using motorways or not.

100's of people do it every year by one means of transport or another, I did it none stop on a moter bike and managed to do it all in daylight.

People always do it South to North due to the prevailing winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land%27s_End_to_John_o%27_Groats

With this trail I can feel like I've done something this year. I should be able to finish it this week. Dumb foot injuries.