2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 17 March (Read 339 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning and happy running everyone, Did my 2nd ever recovery run Wink This time I did 3.5K easy on the TM. Was testing my hips. They're a little tight but OK. Tonight's my swim class. Should be nice for recovery too, right? Perfesser: how did the salmon turn out? First day in my new job, so better hurry up.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Good luck on your first day...hope it went well!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Welcome to new folks! I hope that you keep coming back and posting, even if that bunny slips away from you, we like your company. I did 10.2 miles yesterday and it felt amazing. Just slow and easy - made me realize that I might push too hard on some of my runs, but I had a pacer in the form of a friend who was in town and is training for her half. It was a good long conversation, too. (Also, on the subject of salmon, she brought the most AMAZING hunk of smoked salmon from Seattle... that was a nice addition to the post run omelette, yes indeed) Thank you to everyone who wrote kind words about my friend. She was hospitalized on Saturday night, so is safe, if not better or out of the woods, that will be a longer process I"m sure, but she is getting all the help she can.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Ringmaster

Imogene, I'm glad your friend is getting help. I hope you can be a comfort and help to her whenever possible. Hmmm . . . feeling like fish tonight . . . Miserable run yesterday. Duh--it was 80 degrees and I had barely hydrated all day. Meant to get in between 8 and 9 and could only manage 4, and at a snail's pace at that. Oh well, something learned. Will try again tonight . . . Dutchie, I hear swimming is great for the joints. Sorry I didn't pitch in with advice for the marathon--having never run one, I can't really say . . . have you decided one way or the other?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Dutchie42

Just got back from my 45min. swim class. Focus was on back crawl today. First day went much better than expected. I'm not as tired as I thought I would be. Last time I switched jobs I was exhausted for two weeks.

Dutchie

...---...

got strep throat - wife is recovering from it. So, I'm not running for a little while. Just quit my job, am going to a different company - current company wanted us to relocate...our hearts just weren't in it. So I'll be going back to my roots.It's scary but a relief to be leaving all that corporate sales political atmosphere crap behind. Hope you're all having a great week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

9.8K tempo today. Great run. Chilly, but dry with light winds. Clear skies. Spke and Spook stopped like 6x each to do their business. And I think Spike stopped twice to sniff the air. L-hip still bothersome. Trey: congrats on the new job. What do you mean going back to your roots?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Biked to work today: 7.5K one way. Does that count as a workout too?

Dutchie

Biked to work today: 7.5K one way. Does that count as a workout too?
                    Yep.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dutchie42

Yep.
                      Oh great! Biked back too, so that's 15K biking total. Woohoo.

Dutchie

...---...

What do you mean going back to your roots?
                        my first love was computers, software, programming, etc...you know, nerd stuff. so I'm going back to my first love.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck with your new gig, Trey! I'll bet you are a fan of "Office Space" Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: how did the salmon turn out?
                            The salmon was fantastic, just right! Trouble with that method is, you have to get the timing exactly right, which is hard on a grill, so it's more luck than skill. Most of the time it overcooks the salmon. I got lucky this time. I suggest lemon sea salt as a seasoning (before grilling). Or after, I haven't tried that. It's at Harry's and Whole Foods. Sorry for my tardy responses, my laptop was being repaired. I was going through withdrawal without it Surprised

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Good luck with your new gig, Trey! I'll bet you are a fan of "Office Space" Big grin
                              Uhm, yeeaaahhhh...no more TPS reports for me!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

my first love was computers, software, programming, etc...you know, nerd stuff. so I'm going back to my first love.
                                Hey, I'm a computer geek too! That's the I always say when someone asks when I do. Hoping to run tonight, too much stuff going on lately. Though Monday's run was great.