2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 21-27 Dec - Shoveling snow ;)! (Read 337 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning peeps,

How are you today? It's the Xmas week and for many of us a pretty busy week. I for one haven't done any Xmas shopping yet. Except for one present I bougt online, but I'm not sure it'll get here before Xmas

It's a brand new week, let's make it a good one!

This morning was approx. 50 minutes of chest/back. This workout requires you to go as heavy as you can and has 75 seconds of rest in between sets and 3 min of rest inbetween groups of exercises. I don't go as heavy as I can (not looking to build muscle, just stay firm and toned) so I shortened the rests and started the next set as soon as I felt ready. But, I suppose bench pressing on an incline with 8kg dbs is not exactly called light weights for a woman

Skipped abs again. I'm sooooo doomed in my mid section

And what have you guys been up to?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

No snow here in upstate SC, thankfully, but it's chilly. We joined a gym for this next year so I'll probably go do a little light workout later today.

I love my doctor and although I'm not sure what a stress fracture it supposed to feel like, I'm not feeling any pain or discomfort at all.  Am I just a really fast healer? Has my pain threshold become so elevated that I'm not feeling it? Has the steroid given me a false sense of security? 

I'm no expert but as of today, I can't tell that anything was wrong. Earlier last week, after the pain had subsided, I could feel a knot - a bump of sorts, under the toe joint that was swollen. But nothing today. I don't get it. 

Have a great week.

PS - done with shopping last week. First time EVER I've been done early. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Went to see a sports medicine doctor today.  His guess is osteitis pubis.  I have previously looked at this as a possibility and dismissed it because the pain from that is supposed to be more in the middle of the pubic bone.  I think my pain is too far to the side, but I'm not the doctor.  I certainly hope that the Dr. is correct.  The treatment for OP is mostly rest which is obviously better than surgery.  The down side is that it can take several months to heal.  I will start going to PT in Jan.

Since the Dr. told me to stop doing all physical activities and let the area rest I decided to go dirt biking today.  I just picked up another bike last week from a guy at work and I've been itching to give it a try.  I managed to loose control of the bike and wrecked it into my fence and shed.  A quick trip to the ER shows that i did NOT break my foot.  It just feels like I did.  I'm just sitting here with rest, ice, compression, elevation and vicadin.

My avatar shows the new bike before the wreck.

...---...

LOL Jeff!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Quiet here. Seems everyone is very busy getting ready for Xmas. So am I. Plus my R-knee is iffy.

I'll try to get a run in late afternoon when I'm done with all the grocery shopping and prepping dishes.

Dutchie

I've been doing quick 3 milers on the upstairs treadmill during this busy week. Just wanted to say Happy holidays before hubby and I take off for New York (home for me). I'm hoping to get a lap in Central Park tomorrow before the food fest begins.

Have a safe and wonderful week, A

Recalculating...

...---...

8 miles yesterday; and a large group 4 mile fun run this morning - about 50 showed up for an organized but unorganized run around town. Most everyone wore santa hats, some had christmas tree lighted shirts/vests, some with jingle bells. It was really fun.

Happy Holidays everyone. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

HappyFeat

Oooh, that does sound fun, Trey! Wish I coulda been there too.

Did 5 slow miles last night. Finally recovered from Saturdays effort and the 2 weeks buildup to it, except for a catch in my left ham. Need to do some massage and icing on that.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Very busy getting the food prepped for tomorrow. And get all the presents. And the groceries. Why do I always leave it till the last day? (Cause I just don't like it.)

No runs sofar this week. Hope to get one in tomorrow.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Got off early for Xmas Eve and thought it would be so lovely to run in the daylight. Clear and cold - turned out to be in the mid-30's. Made it about one freakin mile before I realized I didn't dress warm enough (I thought it was in the 40's)  and my muscles were tight and cramping up, particularly left ham. Pitiful. Limped through the 4-mile route, partly walking; can count only  2 miles towards the goal. Spent some time in front of the fire with my massage ball after that disaster. Sure hope tomorrow's run is better.

Quiet Xmas Day here.Family is all long distance.  After opening gifts this morning, I spent more time with my massage ball. The source of my hamstring pain appears to be a trigger point in my hip. Worked on that and did some dynamic leg swings before running. Did 4 incredibly slow miles on the TM, taking short steps, and did ok.  Hoping to go snowshoeing tomorrow up where I shot my avatar pic. 

...---...

6 Christmas miles with my running buddy. Thankfully, the rain and wind had ceased. It's been a low key day which is just what the doctor ordered. Santa got me the Nathan HPL #020 hydration pack and the book: "A Step Beyond: The Definitive Guide to Ultrarunning." It was a good day.

We've got my family Christmas gathering tomorrow so glad I got in an extra run this week. 

Hobbes has to have surgery on BOTH hips. Poor guy. He yelped walking up the stairs a couple days ago so we got him into the vet. X-Rays revealed bone-on-bone on both sides. He's only 6 yrs old so we were surprised. Never-the-less, we're gonna get him fixed up so he can be active, healthy and pain free for at least another 6...we hope. 

Cheers all,

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

HappyFeat

Merry Christmas to Hobbes! He's lucky to have such a caring family!

Dutchie42

Xmas is over and done with. Very pleasant day. Boys and I had our traditional Xmas breakfast (scones and ricotta hot cakes), then went to a birthday champagne brunch. Back at 3PM and playing a board game till 8PM. Snacking on appetizers the whole time. Finally time for presents and then off they went to play with their new Xbox games.

Very nice day, but no run or other type of workout. Except maybe lots of "oven bends"

Today it'll have to be a run on the TM. It rained yesterday evening and temps dropped overnight to -4C. Now it's one big ice skating ring outside. Too dangerous for my wonky knee.

Trey: sorry to hear about Hobbs. Poor doggie. How long before he can run and play again?

Happy Feat: that looks like such a scenic place to be. Is it close to home?

Dutchie

...---...

we're not sure if Hobbes will be able to "run" again, meaning he won't be able to go out with me or DW - we can't afford the full blown hip replacements which would essentially give him a fresh start. There's another surgery, more affordable, the doc said would give him a life where he could at least walk, run short distances, and frolic with little limitation and no pain. We'll have to have the hips done one at a time so it'll be a lengthy process.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry to hear about Hobbes. We had a German Shepherd that had to have surgery on both knees, she couldn't run any more but could go on easy walks with us and had many more good happy years.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016