2000Km-1243 mile club

November check-in! (Read 360 times)

...---...

Happy - I have the book but have not read it. I'm just looking for some resources to read up on all this cool new stuff Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Hey I have the book too but have only read the first bit.  I know my PT tells me to try running forward with my legs running like a cat with claws digging into the earth with each stride.  Don't know if its really helping.  Ran 4 miles in jeans and a raincoat with a husky on leash pulling me all the way.  Not great for my form.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Hi all - hope you're week is going well. Yesterday I went on a test run and the results weren't good. For 0.5 miles, I felt like I could run a marathon PR...then the twinge in my right calf started, by 0.75, I knew I was done and called it a day. Today, it's a little sore in the calf and there's some pain in walking. But, as the day has gone on, I feel pain and tension subsiding. Funny thing is that the "pain spots" see to move around or at least never the same "hot spots." So, I'll look for a sports medicine Dr. around here and try to get on the road to recovery.But for now, it seems, I'm on the sidelines. In an effort to look on the bright side, instead of running, I can devote more time to core work and weight room time - which I know will make me a better runner. There's always the elipitcal (BLAH!) and the staionary bike to hold some sort of endurance in place.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry about your setback Trey, I hope you can figure it out.

I had a nice little run in Central Park before the rain came in, 10 miles with a tempo 6 miles (one lap) in the middle. Felt pretty good, I feel like those weight sessions I've been doing for the last few months are paying off and I've made a complete transition to forefoot striking, instead of some hybrid midfoot stride. Still, 8:30/mile is a pretty slow "tempo" run. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Still, 8:30/mile is a pretty slow "tempo" run. 

It is?! Don't tell that to my Running Log! It thinks it's around 10 mpmWink

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

...---...

Thanks Russ - seems like I go through this with every ramp up. You'd think I would have learned something by now to help prevent. But alas... Smile Anyway, I have an appointment on Tuesday with an Orthopedic surgeon who specializes in running injuries - we'll see how it goes. I'm optimistic. I will not be defeated. Win one for the Gipper. Etc. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm thinking about taking the family to the bike trail today and running while they ride but I'm a little concerned...I heard there are monkeys on the loose this weekend.

Dog-Love

I'm thinking about taking the family to the bike trail today and running while they ride but I'm a little concerned...I heard there are monkeys on the loose this weekend.

Is that this weekend????  Anyone there from this group?  My knee is still giving me sh&t.  So I am biking at the gym today and walking fast with my dog out in the 16 degree sunshine.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Successful 12 miler at the bike trail with the family.  No monkeys in sight. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Is that this weekend????  Anyone there from this group?  My knee is still giving me sh&t.  So I am biking at the gym today and walking fast with my dog out in the 16 degree sunshine.

Yep. Monkeyshines tomorrow.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

OK that was epic Monkey. 15 minutes in we had a few raindrops. By 30 minutes it was a steady drizzle. 10 minutes later it was driving rain and continued for three hours. At least it wasn't cold. That, plus the unrelenting hills made it a memorable race. About 4:10 (forgot to stop my watch).

With the awesome schwag (2 shirts and a custom medal), the great volunteers, a huge selection of post race food and beer, this is just an awesome race!

Dog-Love

Do it again?

Hi All

been a bit quiet, still been reading the posts, just not had the time to reply.

Nice marathons Jeff and PerfesserR

I did the Tikitapu off road 1/2 (actually only about 19km) a couple of weeks back, then a tough 11km trail the following week.  Aggravated the PF so gave it a rest for a week.  Then this weekend went out to do 20 on the road but threw it in at 11km.  Will have to ease back into it a bit more slowly.

Sounds like injuries aplenty in this group at the moment, hope you all are recovering.

Have a good week.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

OK that was epic Monkey. 15 minutes in we had a few raindrops. By 30 minutes it was a steady drizzle. 10 minutes later it was driving rain and continued for three hours. At least it wasn't cold. That, plus the unrelenting hills made it a memorable race. About 4:10 (forgot to stop my watch).

With the awesome schwag (2 shirts and a custom medal), the great volunteers, a huge selection of post race food and beer, this is just an awesome race!

Good job, Russ! 4:10 on that course is something to crow about.  I was a little worried for you when the forecasts were calling for temps in the 70s, but then the rain came.  Wish I could have been out there, especially in the rain.  As a 2011 registrant, Trent has said he may give a little help in getting in next year so I'm planning on being there (knock on wood).

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, I really enjoyed that race even with the downpour. I hope to make it a habit, see you next year!