2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in for week of 7 January (Read 410 times)

Dutchie42

Jeez, noone here for days, amd when I'm not looking you all sneek up on me. Did 32.8K total last week. Had a problem with my knee which doesn't want to go away! Took the weekend of to give it a rest, but this morning I had to quit after only 10min. I'll try again tomorrow. I so wanted to stay ahead but I'm chasing the bunny! Love your dogs. Have two myself. Runs up to 10K even Spike (dachshund) comes along. He sure loves to run!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Finally got off my duff and got the new year's running started today with about 5.3 miles. But I've given that damn rabbit quite a head start.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

...---...

I'm cross training today - since the weather is so nice, maybe a walk with Hobbes and wife. Running tomorrow, wednesday, and Friday. Not sure how far yet. Dutchie - hope your knee comes around. I'll bet running with Spike is a hoot. Jeff - how are the Mich faithful responding to Rich Rod as coach so far?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff - how are the Mich faithful responding to Rich Rod as coach so far?
          It's been very positive. The big change, along with the fantastic performance against Florida (how 'bout that Big Ten speed!) has created a huge positive buzz. This will feel like a long off-season, as we anxiously await to see what the new version of Big Blue looks like. Of course, Coach Rod better figure out real quick that we play 3 must-win rivalry games every year (OSU, Notre Dame, Mich St.) that he needs to win. As well as 9 other games that should be automatic wins. Wink Nobody said we didn't have high expectations. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

... As well as 9 other games that should be automatic wins. Wink ...
            One of those automatic wins would be against Northwestern. Well, at least it's better than it used to be: NU record, 1977-1980 (when I was there): 2-41-1. The tie game was in 1979, a year we were outscored 440-92 and our record was 0-10-1, against Illinois, who ended up the season at 1-8-2. Wait...it gets better... The final score was 0-0. Probably the worst game in the history of college football.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Ouch. I'm always amazed when NW can put together a solid year...I mean, a school of that magnitude in academics...it's not like blue chip talent is rushing the doors to go play there...or could get in even if they did rush the coaches doors. Rich Rod was the off coord at Clemson and did very well with the spread, a mobile option threat QB, and good receivers. SOlid RB's don't hurt but he didn;t have those at Clemson then. I think you guys will enjoy his brand of football at UM. I know we did when he was here in SC and was sorry to see him go.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

One of those automatic wins would be against Northwestern.
                I'm joking about the automatic wins. Yes, those are games that U-M should win on paper, but I was hyper-paranoid about all opponents before App State.
                Me the week of App State: "Yeah, we'll win, but it's not the gimmee everyone thinks it is. That team is a two-time defending national champion, and probably better than a lot of 1-A teams. We can't afford to overlook them.
                For me watching U-M, there are (usually) only 2 emotions: relief when we win, and anger when we lose. Sending Lloyd out a winner did provide joy and bittersweet sadness, in addition to relief.

BaldMike

New guy here, i had a day of rest yesterday after a tough 15 mile long run on Sunday. Marathon training plan calls for just over 44 total miles this week, should be a personal weekly high for me. This is week 6 for me of a 17 week Marathon Training program. I have 7 miles of intervals tonight after work, thank goodness for better weather here in Atlanta this week.
                  PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey BaldMike, welcome! I'm in Ellijay. Are you doing ING? I ran it last year, and hope to this year. I forgot that Runner67 is running too. It's a party! BTW there is an ING Georgia group: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/AtlIng/
                    Ouch. I'm always amazed when NW can put together a solid year...
                    Me too, that's what made the 1996 Rose Bowl so sweet. Never thought I'd see the day!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Welcome Baldmike - you guys can call me Trey. Runner67 was just something I came up with because I lack sufficient creativity. Anyway, yeah, the weather here in Greenville, SC is fine too. Put in an easy 3.5 just now after work and then walked Hobbes for a couple miles. I hope the weather hold for us until after work tomorrow too - you Atlanta area folks may get the rain a couple hours before we do but hope it holds for you as well. Yeah - I'm doing the ING 1/2 in March. It'll be my first organized run/race of that distance and am excited. 7 miles of intervals..whew! tired just thinking about it.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Hi all, It's also a beautiful morning up here in MA. It is so nice to have some spring-like weather after the freeze of last week. I met up with some folks for a group run this morning and it ended up being 7.7 miles. That is longer than my weekday runs usually are, but I ran to a friend's house and then we ran to meet people, and then we went on a run as a group... so the miles added up. It is so nice to run with people, and also nice to spend even a nano-second in front of the pacebunny. Trey - That's so exciting about your half! I ran my first one in October and it was SO much fun. It was also my first race overall -- so it got me hooked. What does your training look like? And yes, 7 miles of intervals does sound exhausting!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

BaldMike

THANKS FOR THE WELCOMING PARTY! Yes I am running the ING in March, this will be my second marathon and my first was the ING last March. Its a tough race, to me at least, with all the hills. I have lived here all my life and never knew Atlanta was so hilly until I started running longer distances. How about this weather? Last Tuesday I did intervals totally bundled up in 28 degree temps with winds at 20-30mph and last night I was in shorts and short sleeve shirt and totally drenched in sweat. Unbelievable. Anyone else here doing the ING full or half? I am running the Callaway Gardens Half Marathon on Jan 27th as part of my training.
                          PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

...---...

Trey - That's so exciting about your half! I ran my first one in October and it was SO much fun. It was also my first race overall -- so it got me hooked. What does your training look like?
                            (fellow major dork here...well at least major nerd/geek/whatever) Hey, thanks for asking, yeah...I'm pumped. Because I really don't have any time goals or major expectations...and also since I'm running regularly for the first time since my army days, my training won't be tooooo involved with specialty training (i.e. speed, fartlek). I just love getting out there and running right now...it is addictive. I've got 4 days of hills built in (one down, 3 to go) and 2 speed sessions. The speed sessions will hopefully show me what my pace either should or shouldn't be (still getting used to a good pace "feel"). My longest run prior to the 1/2 is a 15 miler two weeks before and then some tapering. I've scheduled 4 runs per week, 2 days cross training, and one day off completely. The cross training will almost always involve a walk with Dog, and "core" strength exercises. Each week, I'll ramp up mileage bit by bit. In bewteen now and March 30th, I'll do a few 5K's, a 10K or two, and a 10-miler race just for fun. Running is better than any therapy I can think of. Endorphins ROCK!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Hello everyone. I joined a few days ago. I think the 2000k group will be a bit of a stretch goal for me but it'll be great if I can do it. Started running consistently about 4 months ago. I've been building up my mileage. I'm kinda trying to do the low HR thing but it's been hard. I don't think I can do it. I might have to just build up more of a base before I try it again. I'm also training to run my first half on super bowl sunday. I'm aiming for a 2:10 finish. I'm not following any specific training plan, just putting in as many miles as I can at an easy pace to build up a decent base. I'm trying to take a long term view of my running career. It's also a good excuse for why I'm so slow. Tongue

...---...

Welcome aboard, Aaron! You're among freinds here, very encouraging. At least from what I can tell - so far, a good group of people. Hey, what happened to Dutchie? Boy is he gonna be surprised with all the new members.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12