2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in for week of 7 January (Read 410 times)

...---...

a nice "near" race pace type 3.5 miler today. I should have gone more with the weather being so nice and especially since I love shin splints. Maybe tomorrow. ...I feel like I'm talking to myself in a large empty room. click Hey, who turned out the lights??

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Hey, I'm around. Thanks for the warm welcome. I've just done 3 consecutive days of 6 mile runs. I'm going to take a rest day tomorrow. I think that's the most consecutive runs I've done and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm hoping all this running pays off when I do my half.
      BaldMike

i am around, its that fine balence of trying to work and spending to much time running and on the boards. Big grin I had a nice easy 6 mile run yesterday, i am going to try and get a tempo run in today before the thunderstorms arrive here in Atlanta this afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well!
        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
        Dutchie42

Hi guys, Well Trey, HE is a SHE Big grin Big grin And wow, where did all you runners come from, or is it always quiet at the beginning of a new year? And I've been nursing my knee. No running on Tue/Wed, but did do bis and tris and chest/back. Put in a 10K today though. On the TM to have a softer surface. Or should I say I wasn't in the mood to go out in the dark? First 15 min. my knee was bothering me. Not really painful anymore. Then I had a pitstop ... and what do you know. My "knee problem" mysteriously disappeared. Now what was that all about? Ohoh, I can only see 3 posts when I'm writing this. Anyone know how I can see all the posts when posting myself or do I have to get an external hard drive to remember who wrote what? Well, I remember someone said something about my doggie Spike. Yes, he's a hoot to run with. If he's in the mood he'll be ahead of me for the whole run. Waiting for me to catch up with this look on his face "can't you run any faster". And a look on my face "no I'm slow, you mutt". Sometimes he has to sniff and dig up every leaf, and there are loads of them where I run. Anyways, next time I'll be better about remembering who posted what.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Oops forgot, after the run I did a 30min leg workout (squats,plie squats, deadlifts, forward and backward lunges).

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

10k easy with Daisy today. Meh. Still fighting this wacky foot. Angry
              Ohoh, I can only see 3 posts when I'm writing this. Anyone know how I can see all the posts when posting myself
              You can only review one page while replying. I usually open a new tab or window to review the entire thread while posting.
              Well, I remember someone said something about my doggie Spike. Yes, he's a hoot to run with. If he's in the mood he'll be ahead of me for the whole run. Waiting for me to catch up with this look on his face "can't you run any faster"
              sounds familiar!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Hi guys, Well Trey, HE is a SHE Big grin Big grin
                Duly noted. Blush Holy cow, it was a tough 4.5 miles today - beautiful day, sun shine, warm...but the wind seemed to face me regardless of which direction I ran. Even the down hills were tough...some days are like that. Have a great weekend all!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

My 5 easy mile got cut short to 3.3 miles, i rescued a dog from running onto the busy 4 lane highway. Last time i tried to rescue two dogs in the same area and I could not get them to come to me and I watched one get run over. I tried to stop all traffic but they would not of course. This time I was successful in rescuing this little girl and I took to the Vet but no Chip. A neighbor is taking her in and putting up signs in the neighborhood for me since my dog and this one did not seem to get along. I guess I don't mind my run getting cut short since I helped the pup out. Have a good weekend everyone and run safe this weekend !!!!!
                  PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

dork.major dork.

Rest days yesterday and today. Hopefully I'll get a long run in tomorrow. I'm heading to buy new shoes this weekend... I needed them about 25 miles ago, and my body is starting to complain. Mike, good thing you helped the pup. Totally worth the 1.2 miles. Dutchie, what are plie squats? Funny story: I was making plans with my boyfriend today, and I said that I was planning to run on Saturday morning, so that should get some of my "puppy energy" out of my system, and he said that he thought a puppy would also do the trick... I wish my life could accommodate a four-legged thing, silly apt. living. Have a good weekend everyone!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Put in 8.5K this morning with the dogs. Saturday is supposed to be an easy run but it turned into a type of interval run with me running as fast as I could for as long as I could then walk back to get Spike moving again who preferred digging and sniffing today. L-knee is still tender but other than that seemed OK. At least I'm starting to catch up with that darn bunny Smile I added a 20min leg workout and back/shoulders/triceps. Heard the swimming pools have reopened, so as of Monday, swimming is back into my weekly routine. Baldmike: that's so good of you to rescue the dog. Hope you find a good home for her. Imogene: what we call plie squats are squats with your legs wide and toes pointing outwards. When you go down your knees should be above your ankles and your legs make a 90 degree angle. When you look in the mirror your legs are like goal posts. When you push up drive your heels in the ground and use your glutes to go up again. Don't lock your knees! I usually do them with a 16-18KG barbell.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

yesterday before dinner I finished my UB strength with chest/biceps and abs. This morning was 9.5K in the rain and strong winds. Spike took off into a mud field. No way I was going after him. Had to wait for about 10minutes before he came back. Man, I was cold. Wind chill was 1C with winds up to 40K/h. NOT nice. Longest Spike has run up to now. Think he did 10.5K with his frolicking in the mud field. I have no idea what he was chasing out there. Spooky wanted to go after him but a forceful STOP and DOWN was enough to keep her by my side. After that, they were both on leash. When we got home I watered and fed them, changed my clothes while drinking my shake (OJ, banana, protein powder and peanut butter) and hopped on the TM to finish my run. I was running merrily along enjoying the music. I looked at the mileage, again, and saw 10.5K. I'm like, jeez, another 10K to go. Then a few minutes later it hit me.... wait a minute, I've already done 9.5! Now how zoned out was I do you think? Confused Anyways, did a full 21K today. I'm catching up with that darn bunny Smile Have a yoga on schedule for tonight.

Dutchie

...---...

pulled in a little 3.5 miler again. getting ready for a business trip this week so hope I can get my runs in - if nothing else, TM the the finess room. Not sure what Cleveland weather will actually be this week...you can never trust those forecasts up there. Have a great week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Spike took off into a mud field. ...Think he did 10.5K with his frolicking in the mud field.
                            This mental imagine makes me laugh...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

I had a great 18 mile run today and feel good. I am re-carbing on some Oatmeal Stout as we speak. Hope everyone has a great week!

I run for Fried Chicken!

The last couple of days have been beautiful in LA. Did 6 miles yesterday by the beach, first time running by the beach for me even. I'm more used to biking by the beach. Just got back from a 4.5 mile run around the neighborhood to end the week. Saw some beautiful modern houses for sale which don't fit in the neighborhood at all but I still want one! Also saw an aftermath of an accident, a car was on it's roof, not sure what happened. Hope everyone was okay. I'm ending the week with 29.5 miles, just under 30. If I can keep this up, I'll be happy.