2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 23 - 29 Nov (Read 352 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

It's a new week people! Let's make it a good one!

NaderAlfie: how was your 10K?

drphibes: did you have fun volunteering at the Flying Monkey?

Me: I started the week off with 30 minutes of LB strength (slow and heavy) and 30 minutes of UB endurance (low weights/high reps).

Legs seemed to have fully recovered from yesterday's long run. Wish I could've had more sleep though.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Loving my new Garmin 310XT by the way. Software for MAC still sucks but man, what an awesome battery. Did great in yesterday's rainy run. The HR strap is super comfortable.

Rest day today. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

drphibes: did you have fun volunteering at the Flying Monkey?

I had a pretty good time.  I was working a fluid stop that was at mile 6, 18.5 and 19 (the second time by you run up to a scenic overlook and then back to join the main course).  Was supposed to be there at 11:30, but figured there wouldn't be much left for me to do at that point so got there around 10:30.  Got to see most of the runners except for maybe the leading 10.  Weather was perfect and most everyone was having a good time.  There were a few who were definitely struggling, but most people seemed to be taking it pretty easy and just enjoying.  The big surprise (for me) was that there were a number of people who walked the entire thing.  The final 2 people came through around 1:15 (5:15 into the race) and then it was home to take care of a sick wife.

Didn't run much of the course.  Chickened out and decided to get my miles in on flat land.  Maybe a mile and half in the hills sweeping for trash. Definitely want to try and get out there and run some of it for real.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie,

Thank you for asking!

I finished in 48:43, a PR!

Happyfeat,

Thank you for the tip! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

HappyFeat

Good for you, Nader! Congrats! Hope you had a great time.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Thanks so much, HappyFeat. I had a great time. 

Dutchie42

Interval Run yesterday. Did Runervals 1.0 again. Making progress cause I hit the 5K mark in 33:21min while doing the workout. .

Dutchie

Good stuff, Dutchie!

...---...

easy 4.5 yesterday, massage today, i'll get out and do somrthing tomorrow. Supposed to do a double this weekend but think I'll cutback on Saturday and go longer on Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! have a great holiday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

HappyFeat

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm planning on doing 6 miles tomorrow. We'll see. I didn't know that chasing the Bunny could be so motivating! My legs are voicing a few complaints. I address them and then push on. So far so good. Looks like I'll make the yearly mileage goal, but not in good enough shape for the 30 mpw goal. That'll be next year's dream, I suppose.

MTA: Only had it in me to do 5 miles. Not enough breakfast for one thing. Oh well, I'm down a pound so that's good in terms of the pecan pie I plan on eating later today.

Dutchie42

Good Morning and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone

Make sure to run before the festivities start.

What will you all be doing? Pig out and hang on the couch? It's not a holiday here so I'll be at work.

ETA:

Great TM run this morning. First 1000 meters @ 9K, after I did 30 sec. bursts  @10K every 3 min. However, my brain sometimes lost track of when I should do the burst or didn't notice the burst was longer than 30 sec.

Anyways, after 6 kilometers I tried to make it to 7 in 45min or less. Kind of a benchmark for me. If I can do it, than I'm running fast enough. Took me 45:15min.

Anyways, ran 9.2K in 60min flat.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Atlanta's big races are on holidays. There's Peachtree, the world's largest 10k, on July 4th, and the Atlanta Marathon/Half Marathon on Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November). The Marathon includes most of the Peachtree course.

So today I ran the Atlanta HM, 1:52:31. Meh. Within 30 seconds of my time at Huntsville HM two weeks ago so I think I've figured out my current pace (although Atlanta is a harder, hillier course). The most important thing for me was, I ran a very even pace (9:00 on an uphill portion known as "Cardiac Hill" and 8:30's on the level and downhill portions) and felt strong the whole way. Plus my problem areas (legs) weren't too bad, a little aggravated but I think I'm still good to go for the Rocket City Marathon in two weeks. So it was a good, hard tempo run. And  I got a very nice T-shirt and a nice medal.

Weather was ideal, 40°F at the start with a light breeze. I had gloves which I removed after a couple miles but put them back on later when running through the city into a chilling wind. 

I enjoyed this race. One of these years I'll do the full.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

What a perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving - with a nice solid run like that, PerfesserR.

Way to go! Thanks for the RR.

...---...

Atlanta's big races are on holidays. There's Peachtree, the world's largest 10k, on July 4th, and the Atlanta Marathon/Half Marathon on Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November). The Marathon includes most of the Peachtree course.

So today I ran the Atlanta HM, 1:52:31. Meh. Within 30 seconds of my time at Huntsville HM two weeks ago so I think I've figured out my current pace (although Atlanta is a harder, hillier course). The most important thing for me was, I ran a very even pace (9:00 on an uphill portion known as "Cardiac Hill" and 8:30's on the level and downhill portions) and felt strong the whole way. Plus my problem areas (legs) weren't too bad, a little aggravated but I think I'm still good to go for the Rocket City Marathon in two weeks. So it was a good, hard tempo run. And  I got a very nice T-shirt and a nice medal.

Weather was ideal, 40°F at the start with a light breeze. I had gloves which I removed after a couple miles but put them back on later when running through the city into a chilling wind. 

I enjoyed this race. One of these years I'll do the full.

Sounds like a great day to me. 1:52:31 is a fantastic time...in my book. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I have that same book Trey and I would love to run a 1:52:00 HM. 

I am enjoying snowiy trails and feeling the urge to run farther.  There is a marathon in May in Prince of Wales (AK) that is supposed to be great and if their website would have been up and running this morning, I would have signed up.  A little early in the year for AK training but I need a goal....and I need one NOW!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)