2000Km-1243 mile club

March 2012 (Read 380 times)

HappyFeat

Russ - Good luck and safe travels.  I'm very excited for you.  It should be quite an experience.

same goes for me!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Russ - Good luck and safe travels.  I'm very excited for you.  It should be quite an experience.

Better warn our traffic police to watch out for yet another American driving on the wrong side of the road Smile

Good luck for Sunday Jeff.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Lots of big racing this weekend... I'm getting excited!

A

Recalculating...

Lots of big racing this weekend... I'm getting excited!

A

Me...I'm just crapping myself

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Only THREE days to go!! You guys are going to do Great!

Puke - Time to relax and enjoy the ride.  All the training is done and it's time to focus on having a good time.

I am still kicking around pace ideas for my run. 

1)  3:23  Qualify for Boston

2)  3:19  PR

3)  3:15  Because I don't have any common sense and I think I can

I'm leaning towards choice 3.  I figure if i crash and burn on the way to 3:15 I can still salvage a 3:23 (maybe).  There will be runner tracking available if anybody is interested.

HappyFeat

Puke - Time to relax and enjoy the ride.  All the training is done and it's time to focus on having a good time.

I am still kicking around pace ideas for my run. 

1)  3:23  Qualify for Boston

2)  3:19  PR

3)  3:15  Because I don't have any common sense and I think I can

I'm leaning towards choice 3.  I figure if i crash and burn on the way to 3:15 I can still salvage a 3:23 (maybe).  There will be runner tracking available if anybody is interested.

I'm interested! Do you have a link to the race website??

My runs the last three nights have been slower than usual, but feel like the same level of effort. My legs might just be tired. So I'm going to take the next two days off so I can be fresh for the St Paddy's Day 10K and wear my shamrock tiara proudly.Cool Then I'm going back to my original game plan of a long run every other weekend, not every weekend. I don't remember why I thought it was a good idea to test the waters.

Imminent Catastrophe

7.6 km fun run in Rotorua today. Beautiful trails through a redwood forest but lots of climbing! This course will definitely be a challenge.

Then afterward this scruffy guy kept badgering me for a photo:

Unfortunately Anton is still injured and won't be running the 100k. Super nice guy, though!

Were you there Brian? 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Wow! Just WOW, Russ. How thrilling.

I seem to recall Brian had a work conflict, so he couldn't do the Fun Run.

7.6 km fun run in Rotorua today. Beautiful trails through a redwood forest but lots of climbing! This course will definitely be a challenge.

Then afterward this scruffy guy kept badgering me for a photo:

Unfortunately Anton is still injured and won't be running the 100k. Super nice guy, though!

Were you there Brian? 

Cool, glad you enjoyed the run.  Got to watch out for those scruffy guys though. Hope you finished ahead of him Smile

Had a quiet day yesterday then sober driver for my workmates farewell.  So lots of standing around being sober.  Answering heaps of questions, like how far you running, why, etc.

Day off today, so will get the lawns done (ride-on of course), then get myself a hair cut, then finish packing my gear, then re-pack my gear about a million times, then hopefully get over there for rego at 4pm

Will let you know how we get on. Hopefully not renal failure Smile

Hope everyone else have great runs this weekend

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Hey Jeff I figured out the runner tracking system for the Shamrock Marathon. Will you be wearing anything festive or green? I'll be sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way and also to Russ and Brian for strong legs on race day!

Russ - Great pic, I'm even more excited now.

Puke - Love those pre-race moments, trying to rest but feeling like you have to do something productive, second guessing your prep.

Happy - I don't usually dress up for races.  Nothing special planned for Sunday.  I might wear my xmas present which is a lime green shirt that says "If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin"

I'm in full taper madness.  My son is home sick from school today with strep throat.  Just 2 more days to avoid getting sick.

I'm not a geographer, but it looks like the Tarawera Race that starts at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday in New Zealand will start at 1:00 p.m. on Friday in the US Central time zone. Hopefully Russ and Brian (or as I like to refer to him: "the other Brian") are sleeping well.  Less than 4 hours until they're supposed to start assembling at the start.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, it's Saturday morning here, Friday afternoon in the USA. If interested here's the tracking:

http://www.sportsplits.com/default.aspx?CId=34&RId=229

Perfesserr:  #62

pukekura:  #154

Most of the race has no cellphone coverage so I wouldn't wait up Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Yes, it's Saturday morning here, Friday afternoon in the USA. If interested here's the tracking:

http://www.sportsplits.com/default.aspx?CId=34&RId=229

Perfesserr:  #62

pukekura:  #154

Most of the race has no cellphone coverage so I wouldn't wait up Wink

I found Russ but I'm not seeing puke.  The closest I see is a Bryan that is #151.  I'll root for him, whoever he is.

Oops, my bad.  Puke is in the 85Km division, found him.  Brian and Russ both completed the first leg together.