2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week August 18 (Read 337 times)

A Saucy Wench

for me strides are usually faster than intervals or fartlek, but much much shorter. Accelerate smoothly to a fast pace and just as you are hitting it ease up and cruise down. Just enough to loosen the legs, not enough to affect the lungs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

easy 6.2 today, after 3 days off it felt good, and energy was good. rest is good. Right knee still a little sore but the run didn't aggravate it, which would be a red flag. Tomorrow I leave for Wyoming.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tomorrow I leave for Wyoming.
        Nice. Vacation? Have fun!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

For the Run With the Horses Marathon. I just made a map, and the elevation profile. Yikes! 7500ft. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/c3163011c4554953b0e2a0d4990db810

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

For the Run With the Horses Marathon. I just made a map, and the elevation profile. Yikes! 7500ft. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/c3163011c4554953b0e2a0d4990db810
            Whoa. How many states have you covered so far? MTA: Jeff, Perfesser, Ennay - fantastic info. Thanks!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Whoa. How many states have you covered so far?
              Whoa... I get it! Heh. RWtH will be 20!

I run for Fried Chicken!

I think what I've been doing would be considered strides then. I'll throw in about 20-30 seconds of fast running in the middle of my runs. Maybe once every 5 mins or so. Like Ennay said, just enough to get my legs going but not fast enough for me to start breathing hard. I can't say I've ever done a fartlek then.

...---...

4.3 miles in what was supposed to be an easy run. I think it was easy but after yesterday's tempo run, I was sluggish. A stiff wind at certain points made it tougher than I felt it should have been. Anyway, I left the thought of strides behind after a mile or so. I'll give them a shot maybe on Friday. Or better yet, replace a longish tempo run with an easier run including strides. MTA: geez. I'm quite talkative (er, write-ative) this thread. Aaron - having some of the same issues with not getting loose in some runs, I've started strecthing after 1/2 mile to a mile which seems to have helped greatly. May be worth a try to see if this helps.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

6.5 miles, easy pace (10:30) but with hills.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Travel day, so no running, just a lot of sitting. I plan to drive the race route tomorrow but having seen the last few miles of the route I am a little nervous. It's downhill. Not a nice, easy gradual downhill but a steep, careening, quad-busting nasty downhill 1000 ft in the last 4 miles Shocked Tomorrow I register and load the Shuffle for the run. With only a hundred or so runners along a desolate high plains dirt road, I will be alone most of the time. No crowd-dodging in this race! It's my favorite kind of race, actually, and I am getting psyched.

A Saucy Wench

good luck perfesser!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

yep - git along little doggies. Good luck.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

We're staying in Rock Springs but I can't help thinking of this from Blazing Saddles: The Ballad Of Rockridge There was a peaceful town called Rockridge Where people lived in harmony They never had no kind of trouble There was no hint of misery The town saloon was always lively But never nasty or obscene Behind the bar stood Anal Johnson He always kept things nice and clean Then all at once the trouble started A pack of murderers and thieves Like swarms of locusts they descended Their aim to make the townfolk flee (Have you ever seen such cruelty?) Now it is time of great decision Are we to stay or up and quit? There's no avoiding this conclusion Our town is turning into shit And, better yet, my name is Johnson! Big grin (If you remember the movie, everyone in Rock Ridge was named Johnson)

Dog-Love

That looks like a great marathon Perfessor (too hard for me)!!! Hope you are well rested. Ran 16.4 yesterday and felt REALLY good! A real confidence builder for an upcoming over night Relay from Skagway, Alaska TO Whitehorse, Yukon where I get to run 13.1 miles at 2:00 am. Yea!!! Wish I had some wild horseschasing me.
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Run With the Horses Marathon--complete! Big grin 4:30:59 or so, probably 2-3 more minutes for a few reasons. This one was tough, the elevation and the hills kicked my ass and the last 5 mile downhill really hammered my legs. It's right up there with Crater Lake in difficulty (not quite, but in the ballpark). I'll probably do a short RR later. BTW I did see some wild horses! Shy MT remove bad link