2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage Check in - week of 10 March (Read 240 times)

Dutchie42

Did a "recovery" doggie fun run this morning. Only 2.5K. Very first time I ever ran the day after a long run. I've done step aerobics, athletic drills and swim the day after, but never ran. Don't know if you can call it a run, cause Spike was doing a lot of digging and me waiting and urging him on. No fun in this weather. Spooky was doing her own thing, crashing through the trees, scaring geese on the other side of the stream and generally having a lot of fun in the mud.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Had a nice long run at sea level on Sunday. A bit windy but no hills and no elevation and sunny and mild. Managed to pass IMOGENE for the first time ever...she's probably holding her weekend mileage to load until today Wink have a great week all. I'm heading back out traveling this week. hopefully the weather will hold out for outside runs instead of hotel treamills.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Trey, you've got me fair and square... for now... Big grin Evil grin I really didn't sleep more than 5 hours any night last week, and it just left me feeling so drained this weekend, plus there were TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS on saturday. I'll catch up with you this week (I hope)

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Did a 16 mi. long run today that got "rescheduled" from Saturday. I was planning on the 16 on Sat but was just too tired from working all night Fri so had to call it quits at 8 miles. Anyway, today was a typical day in the pacific northwest-kinda rainy, mid 40's, and light wind-good running weather.

A Saucy Wench

5.7 this am. time change sucks

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

5.8 last night in the still light out evening. Faster than it should have been because when J. and I run together we speed each other up to almost race pace... ooops. Didn't get up to run in the dark this morning. I need to run the next three days though because my weekend is a mess of house guests and house guests and long runs don't mix.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

You're already on summer time? We don't change till the last weekend of this month. And it takes a week for me to adjust.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

I was planning a long run today on the Silver Comet trail (rails-to-trails paved path) today but just really had too much else to do and didn't feel like a long run anyway. My motivation is sorely lacking.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

You need a kick in the butt, Perfesser? My aim is a bit off, but I can kick really hard Clowning around

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

7.5 today...still hate the time change Tongue

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

We had a severe weather warning today: do not go out on the road. Storm with wind up to 120k/h (75 mph??). What happened to Spring. It's been Autumn for over a week now! Guess for me that meant no running outside. So had to do 15K on the TM. Was not looking forward to that and postponed it till late afternoon. I then did 3 sets of 5K building up speed then slowing down again with a walkbreak to have a sip after each 5K. Plus one bathroom stop. One of the perks of running on the TM. After, I added strengt training for my legs. Slow and heavy: 3 sets of 8 reps in a 2/8 count. Will now attack a plate of french fries Tongue

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'm so tired this week. I can't get used to this time change, work is killing me. 6.5 on the TM last night even though I wasn't very motivated. Going to do it again tonight. Rinse, Repeat.
                          Dutchie42

Legs did not want to move this morning. So instead of an easy 10K run, I let the dogs off leash and let it turn into a doggie fun run. Lots of stops and starts and waiting for Spike. I did manage a total of 9.6K. Took forever to finish.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

5.8 this morning...I keep slightly shorting my miles this week. Something about pitch dark and rainy. It was a torrential downpour this morning. I think my feet were floating in the shoes by the end.

Dutchie42

As a very slooooow runner, I'm on the road for hours running with my dog(gies) and it occurred to me that if I would keel over, or had an accident, noone knows who I am. So I ordered a stainless steel medical ID bracelet and it will have my name, date of birth, dr.'s phone number (incl. international dialing code), bloodtype and rhesusfactor and social security no. I thought about dog tags, but I don't like to wear that big a thing around my neck (bounces too much) and if I tie it to my shoe (lace) would medical personnel think to look there? Once the bracelet arrives, they can ID me either thru my dr. (would be the easiest and they have to call him anyway if I'm still alive to check if I have allergies and stuff) or social security no (would take longer cause the police has to do this). Unfortunately, there was no room to have 'donor' engraved as well. Maybe I should get a little charm with that engraved on it? But I worry that would be annoying while running? I choose stainless steel cause then I can wear it at all times, incl. in the pool. I prefer silver though. Well, if I'm going to be honest, I actually prefer white gold but can't afford that Wink

Dutchie