2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage Check in - week of 10 March (Read 240 times)

...---...

i was able to pick up a few miles this past week while at a company sales meeting. But it wasn't what I had expected to do. Flight delays on Tuesday didn't allow me to run Tuesday. And Thursday, well, that's just my fault. Going to get in a run today to make up for yesterday and so will shift my long run to Sunday so I can have an extra day to store up for the big one. time change: I suppose I've built up a resistance in traveling to different time zones so often that when time change occured, I hardly noticed. Dutchie: starting this past Autumn, most of the US extended day light savings to a longer period. I like it but my wife says trying to get up when it's still dark is a really hard adjustment. LDL follow up test - the initial lab test was about right. I've got high chloesterol. Lipitor is my new friend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Couldn't run Tuesday or Wednesday because of a personal emergency (staying up all night doing suicide watch for a friend is not running compatible, too much Sad, not enough Sleepy . Finally got in a good 5 miles yesterday, it started out feeling awful, I haven't taken very good care of my body this week, see above, too much coffee and sugar. But then I ran into a friend on the bikepath and ran with her for a bit (love that my city is small enough for that to happen). Felt so good to have those miles in my legs, and I have a friend visiting this weekend who is training for her half, so we'll do a nice slow 10 on Sunday morning. Awesome. Should easily hit 20 this week, and perhaps keep my lead over Trey Clowning around.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Imminent Catastrophe

...it will have my name, date of birth, dr.'s phone number (incl. international dialing code), bloodtype and rhesusfactor and social security no. Wink
        Just don't lose it, with all that personal info on it. At least in the USA that info can be used to assume your identity, get credit cards in your name, etc. Shocked I have an ID bracelet with name, two phone contacts, "No known allergies". I've been told that emergency responders won't trust the blood type info, they would test for that regardless.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

NEW SPREADSHEET : Big grin http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p-6nI0jBy7C-Cu4qtS3r0Lw&hl=en To be able to track my progress over time. You could I think, change it to be relevant for your goals and mileage. Just sharing the fruit of my type A personality.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Perfesser: social security no. here is for tax purposes (like a job, filing income tax, pay council tax, etc.). I was trying to avoid putting my address on it With my social security no. the police can get that, but for ordinary people that's not so easy. Then again, I'm not a criminal, so maybe there are ways to get that. However, there isn't much they can do with that no. and if they could, they'd probably pay my taxes for me, I guess. I'll be really careful with the bracelet. But should be even more careful with all the letters and stuff I throw out.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Thanks for sharing Imogene. I have a different spreadsheet that I update like once every 6 months Big grin Takes me about two hours to complete. Surprised

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Imogene, sorry you couldn't get as much running in, but it's great that you could be there for your friend. I've been in your shoes - it's hard! My dear friends has gone through so much, but I think her life is back on track now. I hope your friend will be OK, also. I just joined the 2000K club - it's probably not in my reach this year, but it will give me something to shoot for. 2009 will probably be more realistic for me.
                Dutchie42

This really is a bad week for running This morning I had to go to the 'kitchen shop" to have my new kitchen design changed slightly. I assumed it wouldn't take longer than an hour, but it wasn't till 1PM that I left again. Kitchen design is almost final, just have to check prices etc. and test the two pieces of granite work surface they gave me how it holds up when milk, OJ, red wine, grape juice etc. is spilled on it. Anyone have other food stuff I should test on it? Then, I went by the tile shop as it was next door to my kitchen shop. When I got finally home it was 2:30PM and I needed real food before going out for a 10K. But then my neighbour called that he had computer problems. Could I help him. I probably accidently managed to solve the problem for him, but not after I'd been on his computer for hours. I just got home and it's been 6PM. And almost time to go to a friend's house for dinner. I hate days that don't go as planned, don't you?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Imogene: sorry to hear about your friend. Is your friend getting professional help as well?

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

12.55 this morning. Tried to pick it up for the last couple miles, but didnt really, but it kept me from slowing down at least.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

Hi, everyone. I joined the group a couple of weeks ago but you all seemed very comfortable with each other and I was nervous about jumping in. I'm jumping in today! Hope you don't mind someone else being chased by the bunny . . . My life got in the middle of my running this week too. Usually do my long runs on Saturday and had the 2yo in the ER instead at 5am, so that got thrown out. New rest day! Since he obviously cannot go to church tomorrow (he's okay but uncomfortable and contagious), I might try to split the miles and do some on the 'mill and some with him in the jogger. I need to get my RoadID too. I run alone, mostly, and my husband doesn't always know my routes, so if I didn't come home he probably wouldn't know where to look for me. Smile In the US, I've been told to just write phone numbers and NKA (no known allergies) or "donor." Emergency workers here will type your blood anyway so it's a waste of a line . . . Maybe hubby's cell and a backup? Does anybody have the version that goes on your shoes? Theresa, good for you for being ambitious! I might join you if I think I can keep up my mileage . . . Well, Dutchie and Imogene, you might not have gotten your running in, but you were selflessly good friends and neighbors. . . and that's much more important! Karina

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                        Mile by Mile

Dutchie42

Teresa, welcome to the club and who knows, you may run those 2000K's Big grin Karina, a warm welcome to you too. Aren't we posting together in another user group? Your avatar looks so familiar?

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Just got back from a nice 9 mile run. It was an out & back course. Run out was into the wind the whole way which wasn't that bad except I had all this dust go into my eyes and I wear contacts and it's not pleasant. I was running with one eye closed for a couple of miles. The run back was a lot better. I'm getting better with my pacing as well, ran a nice negative split, 10:30 pace out and 9:40 back. Welcome to the new members.

A Saucy Wench

Welcome Teresa and Karina! Jump on in! I have Road ID too. Name, phone #, dh Cell phone. That's all I have on it. I have the shoe one. I got it as a present from a runner friend, and I give it as presents to runner friends. I run in the country a lot so its good to have. Before I used to write my phone # on my shoes with sharpie.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

Thank you for the warm welcome! Wow, Ennay, what a good idea to at least put something on your shoes! I think I'll probably get the shoe version. I'm too worried about being uncomfortable with the bracelet. Dutchie, I just changed my avatar. I'm hanging out with the half marathon trainers group and I look in on the Reading group sometimes. Aaron, anyone who can run for a couple of miles with one eye closed has earned my respect . . . Karina

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile