2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 21 April (Read 320 times)

Dog-Love

Ennay: I think you are getting what passed through here last week leaving 13 inches behind! Hope you like the new avatar...I was just toying with the orange octopus Thanks everyone for your encouragement. My goal this year is more speed than miles but since I sinned up for a marathon in October...the miles are gonna have to happen too.
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

dork.major dork.

I was totally loving the orange octopus.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Some days I am the rabbit, somedays I am the dog. Woof.
        LOL, I so know what you are talking about Big grin Knee is still not good. Though seems to get better. I had planned a run after my PT appointment but PT told me not to run today. This totally sucks. My marathon is only 19 days away. How am I gonna get the mileage in? My training hasn't been perfect, but the 36K I did was very doable. Since them I haven't done much running. How badly is this gonna effect my marathon? Trey: think men are more straightforward. VixiDu: I get my self some new running stuff. Then I have to run cause it was so expensive Smile Ennay: I'm sure that having a running partner would make me more consistent with my running. It's too easy now when it's cold and dark to stay in bed, despite a radio turning on and the lights turning on. And I have to get out of bed to turn it all off again.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Ringmaster

Ennay, I hate the first 3 mi of every run too!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

...---...

well,last night's 3 mile run was at 5K pace so yeah, I hated most of that entire run. Well, not hated...just needed to be slower for where I am after a lay off. takeing today off to entertain a cline twho came into town...tomorrow must work off a few beers and pizza. happy hump day!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Job is going okay...still adjusting to a completely different industry. Regarding the kitty claws when a group of women gather at work...it's not much better with a bunch of all-male computer geeks Smile
              Hey, I resemble the all-male computer geek statement! Had a great easy 7 miler tonight. I felt like I could just keep going and going. I'm at the bottom of the first page, I need to stay on the first page. Now if all these new people would stop joining the group and pushing me down! Just kidding to the new people, welcome! Big grin

Dog-Love

I had a great 4.2 mile fastish run with my best running buddy and then this evening I ran 3.1 miles with 40 kids of my 4H running group. They are so cute and its so fun to run slow and fast and sprint and walk. ANyway, I have never run 2x in a day and I sort of liked it.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

1.75 mile "warmup" jogging over to the park where there was a local 10K which I ran with a friend. I kind of feel the need to do another run now, but we ate a huge breakfast.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Yesterday DW and I ran down to the boarding kennel to pick up the dogs, 4.5 mile round-trip. 2 dogs each. It can be difficult handling four Dobes, especially when the local hillbilly's 7 loose dogs run toward us. Today instead of running we took them to the Cartecay River and the dogs had a good time splashing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Whew, it's been a hot weekend in LA. Ran just under 6 today in 84 degree weather. First 2 miles felt great but I was overheating towards the end. I was kinda surprised at how fast I ran it considering how hot it was. It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. I might just go to the gym and run.

A Saucy Wench

14.2 today including a mile fast finish

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

10.4 total. 6.2 with Daisy and 4.2 with Jojo. Daisy and I got rained on.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Finished with 31.4... highest mileage ever.