2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 20 - 26 July (Read 430 times)

Very, very impressive, Prof. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Just joined the club and a few spots below the Bunny, but should catch up by next month. 

Year got off to a slow start last winter recovering from knee Injury.  With ramping up for October marathon the 35 - 50 mpw should push me out in front of the fuzzy beast soon. 

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Dog-Love

Hey, I passed the 1500-mile bunny! Whoo-hoo! (don't worry, I like this neighborhood and will stick around).

Nice job Perfessor!  You are running great this year eh?

I am coming up on the 1000 mile bunny and have found renewed motivation in getting my distance back up (a September 3 road relay...my leg is 12.8 miles). 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          In my efforts toward more minimal shoes and more barefooting I just got a pair of Asics DS trainers.   They are supposed to be fairly similar to the Kayanos that I have been using but lighter.  I must say that they do fit very similar to the Kayanos, but the difference in weight is more obvious in numbers than in feel.  I went for my first run with tthe DS's and I like them quite a bit.  The big difference I feel in them is that they have a little less side to side support.  I can't really feel much difference in cushioning.  I did run a little faster with them but I don't know how much I can credit the fact that they are 2 oz lighter.
          Gig

Anyone getting nervous about running 26.2 in less than 48 hours?

Piece of cake. I can do 26.2 in WAY less than 48 hours. (Confessions of an airhead: that really is how I read the sentence at first.)

Turns out Nashville is a harder sell than I thought it would be. DW is less excited than I had hoped. So I'll use the dialoge going on at the Off the Beaten Path forum to arm myself for a year long sales pitch, and yes, Crabby, we should do the fifth annual flying of the monkeys. Baltimore will be there in 2011, right? As for 2012, I hope the Perfesser is wrong about the world ending. I was just starting to really like it.

Life got in the way of running today. I'll try to roll out of bed a little bit earlier tomorrow.

Russ, I saw that you passed me the other day, and then I passed you right back. I was going to talk trash at that point. Glad I checked it. Nice running.

Good luck in SF, guys. I'll be thinking about you from camp.

Dutchie42

Welcome Robert! Good to see you didn't throw me of the first page I'll be running the Amsterdam Marathon in October (if my foot doesn't get any worse). Which marathon are you training for?

Perfesser: congrats on passing the 1500 mile bunny! What's a bridle trail?

Yesterday I put primer on the french doors then couldn't go for a run as I couldn't close the darn doors till early afternoon. By then we had really bad rain/thunder storms here. Today I learned my lesson. Run first, paint doors later  

ETA: just got back from a very nice 8.8K run. Spooky was pretty annoying when she was off leash. Think she got bananas in her ears today. Second time this week. Couple of days a go she was almost run over cause she didn't respond to my "stop" command.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

No running yesterday. DW and I had a couple Anchor Steams at Union Square (where the heck did all these tourists come from??) Then stuffed ourselves at Cafe de la Presse after sightseeing in China Town. Mmm, dim sum!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Me and my 2 best running buddies (JJ and Rusty) ran up a 5 mile 1400 foot hill and then down 3 and a bit before we begged a ride from a passing Suburu.  Way too hard a run! OUCH.  Mostly the downhill part was tough.  Taking a day off today.

The way I pose Nashville to dh is that the music will be a huge change from Juneau, our Fall is rainy and cold and who doesn't want to leave Juneau, and great food is something we don't get in Juneau.  He also has NEVER waited at the finish line of a HM or marathon for me.  Our main problem is that it costs a ton to fly out of Juneau anywhere so we are saving miles.

Good luck running in SF Anne and Trey...we are having a salmon barBQ here with a keg of Alaskan White beer in honor of your finish (and for other reasons as well)

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Welcome Robert! Good to see you didn't throw me of the first page I'll be running the Amsterdam Marathon in October (if my foot doesn't get any worse). Which marathon are you training for?

Perfesser: congrats on passing the 1500 mile bunny! What's a bridle trail?

Thanks ... Training for Columbus 10/18 and shooting for < 3:45, 1st one in May was 4:10.

Coming for you and the Bunny and the 13 miler tommorow should put me on page 1

Bridle trails are Horse trails (ie - the horse bridles) and used for trail runners/hikers and horses, good on the knees but have to avoid the occasional present left behind.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice recovery run in Portland today, a loop over the bridges. 6.5 mi., 55 for the week.

The I discovered Heaven--AKA the Oregon Brewing Festival--on the riverfront. 100 or so different microbrews for your drinking pleasure, and food to match. Sometimes you just luck into something good! Tried a couple good IPA's already, must sample the rest. My work is cut out for me.

Good thing I don't have to run a marathon tomorrow!

Good luck guys!

Buckeye is right, bridle trails are for the horses, they're nice sand/dirt and shady. The horses don't seem to be out yet so the only hazards I met were puddles from all the rain.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AnneCA

Thanks for the well wishes, all!  I've got my bib pinned on my shirt, my D-tag on my shoes, my shorts pockets stuffed with Gu packets, some splits on a sticker on my cap, my Garmin charged, my drop bag packed, my cheering section/pit crew bag packed , and the taxi called.  Phew! 

Russ -- I love the Central Park Loop!  21 miles is . . . 3 times around with a Reservoir loop or two added?  You're getting some miles in, that's for sure.

Trey -- hope to see you tomorrow!

Dutchie42

Trey&Anne: good luck! Hope it's cool running all the way.

Surprisingly smooth 25.24K long run. Felt easy for the first 2.5 hours. Then it got a bit harder.
                          First 15 kilometers in 1h58 and change.
                          Last 10 kilometers in 1h11 and change. Think I could've run the fist stretch somewhat faster?

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Yesterday: fast (for me) 7 miles, then moved half ton (literally 1000 lbs) of rock.

Today: 11 miles at long run pace.

Not a combination I'd recommend for every weekend.

BTW: looks like Trey's bib# is 7465.  No idea on Anne's.  Should have asked before they went offline.  Trey is accelerating nicely through 20 miles.
                            http://www.liveraceresults.com/liverc1/Default.aspx

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

4:28:00! Woot!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ -- I love the Central Park Loop!  21 miles is . . . 3 times around with a Reservoir loop or two added?  You're getting some miles in, that's for sure.

Let's see, two out-and-backs on the bridle trails (starting from the reservoir at East 90th St)=13, one lap of bridle trail=2.5, one lap of reservoir=1.5, to-and-from hotel=4.5. I'll sync the GPS watch when I get a chance so it will show up in my log. Hope the race went well!