2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 26 May (Read 236 times)

A Saucy Wench

8.7 this morning. Nice run. How many times do I have to learn this lesson. "If your runs have been shitty for 3 weeks and you are getting sore after every run and you are getting slower and slower - do a HARD day and you will feel better"

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

8.8 today, the last .6 with Daisy and Jojo, just as the rain started. I had to sneak out because if Daisy sees me go outside in running wear without her she goes postal.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ringmaster

Oh, no, don't leave me out of the crappy race party. Pretty miserable Memorial Day 5k here. Ran it in 27:36. Horrible first mile, got faster after that. I'm telling myself it's heat and humidity and knee-pain related--race didn't start til 7:30 and I'm usually out the door by 6, and I haven't done any speedwork in about a month b/c of the knee issues. So . . . not terribly disappointed, but I'm not posting a race report either. Just another race experience. Maybe next time. Rest day yesterday. Tempted to take another day off today but pushed my behind out the door and did just over 5. Another easy day tomorrow--6 or 7, day off Friday, love to do another long on Saturday. Perfesser, glad to hear you're feeling good. It's hard to make it through a series of tough runs. Ennay, I'm gonna post your lesson somewhere. I've needed it before and will probably need it again. Runner 67, thanks for the pics of Hobbes and Daisy . . . adorable! Teresa, I'm not sure how southerners run through the disgusting summer conditions either. I'll let you know on the other side of September. For now, I'm getting up really early, hydrating like a madwoman, and, like I said before, I used SportBeans for the first time on my last long run. My husband lives for Florida summers but I hate them more than ever now . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

...---...

5K run yesterday, very windy which made it hard at times. Legs, body, mind are tired today. Coffee, banana, and fig newtons usually get me going but not today. Hobbes and Daisy seem to be doing better. Hobbes still cuts his eyes at her when she lies down in his favorite spots...but he's doing okay with it. Daisy is coming out of her shell more everyday. We think she's part cat... I'll try to get some video which will explain. Our vet gave her a clean bill of health (although she had been checked prior to our adopting her...we just trust our vet). Will run with a buddy tonight and hopefully shake off the funk.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

6.4 miles today. Just realized with rearranging things for dh's work and the memorial day race I ran 7 days in a row. I dont think I have ever done that before. Taking tomorrow off.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good running streak, Ennay! I think 6 days is my longest so far. Runner67, I hope you have a good run tonight! MUCH better running conditions today - 49 degrees, sunny, and breezy. I stopped after 5.5 miles since I'm going for 11 again tomorrow. I hope the weather cooperates again! Teresa

...---...

Runner67, I hope you have a good run tonight!
                Thank you. Maybe I should take ENNAY'S advice and go hard tonight.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Blew off running...went out to eat tacos and sushi instead then walked with wife and dogs.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: sushi and Taco's? That's a weird combination Surprised They've put in half the kitchen. They'll finish it on Tuesday. At least I can cook again and use the tap in the kitchen Big grin I'll be so happy once it's Wednesday! Have that 10K race on Sunday. Soooo not in the mood for it. Hope every one has great runs this weekend.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Trey: sushi and Taco's? That's a weird combination Surprised
                      Yes it is. The southwest tuna tartar is actually really really good. Very unique. http://news.greenvilleonline.com/blogs/messer/2007/08/southwest_meets_far_east_on_ma.html

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Trey - do I need to get all military on you? GO RUN!!!! Angry Big grin

Teresadfp

One day at a time

11.5 this morning!! Almost blew the run off because I slept in and it was getting "warm" (65). My running partner had to go to a funeral, so I was solo. I didn't want Ennay to yell at me, so I went! Smile I ran from my daughter's school all the way through town, passing the high school, middle school, 3rd grade school, and police station. I made it all the way to the town's athletic fields. Wow, you cover a lot of distance on a long run! It seems like a long way even in a car. I made a planned stop at 8.7 miles at a mom and pop store to get some Gatorade, then finished the other 2.8 miles. I wouldn't say it was easy for me, but I didn't feel like I was about to keel over, either. I went very slowly and finished in 2:10:31. I've run 140 miles this month, and will get in a little more tomorrow. My toes hurt! Have a great weekend! It's going to be rainy here tomorrow for my son's conference track meet.
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Go ahead and yell at me, Ennay. Nothing this week since Monday's race. I'm not too concerned though. Even if I had run well, I needed a little mini-break. Time to STFU and HTFU, though. I have got to figure out a way to rearrange my family and work around running.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Ringmaster

Teresa, WAY TO GO! 140 miles this month. Amazing! I'm glad your long run seemed so scenic! And with a store on the way to hydrate--fantastic! Although I have to say I'm laughing at your "warm" 65 degrees. I thought 65 was pretty ideal when I was training for my half in January. It was 70 at the starting line in February--at 6am! Ennay, what a great running streak! I hope one day to put together one that long. For now, I'm definitely trying to keep to my scheduled rest days. I'm wondering if my knee pain isn't due to my falling in love with running and trying too much too fast. So . . . trying to slow down on purpose here. Not my pace, but my mileage and training days. On doc's advice, running no more than four days a week for now. Hate it some weeks though. Runner67, can't wait to see doggy videos . . . Dutchie, I know you're looking forward to that kitchen! I hope your race on Sunday is great! There's a 5k near me tomorrow that I thought of running but I think I'll do a long run instead. Not feelin' 5k-ey. K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

Imminent Catastrophe

16 today, longest since January Cool. Last couple miles were a struggle, especially the big half-mile hill, but I wasn't totally wasted. I was sure glad I didn't have another 10.2 to run, though! The iPod really helps me get through these long runs, they really get monotonous, running the usual route multiple times. Ugh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016