2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 25Jan - 31 Jan (Read 413 times)

Dog-Love

Lots of stuff going on in this group. 

Have fun in Amsterdam Dutchie

And $100 hopefully buys you a lo tof fun for that day.

Its cold and I'll try for 7 today.  Legs are pretty achy and I'll leave Rusty at home today.  Tomorrow am heading to San Francisco for a visit with mi madre y mi hermana

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Gig

My running has been pretty limited so far this year.
      I'll probably step it up next week,
      but I'm taking it easy at least until Saturday.

That's when I test for my 2nd degree brown belt.

Everybody, wish me luck!

They have belts for running? Nobody told me!

Good luck Gig. Quite the accomplishment.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Well, we've got sub 0 Fahrenheit weather that snuck up on us.  Life got in the way of an opportunity to run on Tues and Wed so went out tonight.  A rent-a-cop directing traffic called me stupid.  I wasn't impressed.  But since he was a cop, I just smiled and waved then when I got past him muttered a---hole (pardon my French) under my breath.

Tomorrow is supposed to be -15 Celsius without the windchill factored in so I think I'm looking at a cutback week. 

That is very cool news about NYC - it certainly has a mystique about it!  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

My running has been pretty limited so far this year.
            I'll probably step it up next week,
            but I'm taking it easy at least until Saturday.

Gig - I went to check the YTD distance yesterday and noticed you towards the bottom.  Glad to hear it's for a good reason.  Good luck on your test.

Brian - I love to just free run once in a while.  I'm a glutton for all the info so I don't do it near often enough.

PT today was brutal.  I have progressed enough that they are trying to make my workouts very challenging.  They are succeeding!  My hips were shaking by the end of the session.  Unfortunately they are still pitifully weak.

Well I managed 7 today, 12 degrees/windchill made it -8. A little wind burn but not too bad. I feel funny complaining after 2+ weeks of unseasonably warm weather here. But another few days/weeks of this and my post will definately take on a different tone!

Just a dude.

Ahhh... nice easy run with my 12 year old nephew.  Only 2 and a half or so... but easy and fun...

Even got to run about half of it in a Tshirt...

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

7 kilometers today. Was supposed to run at least 9 (preferably 11), but for some reason I had terrible bladder issues. Numerous bath room stops. Now that's when I love the TM. I would've been totally depressed if I'd had to jump behind trees and bushes that often in one run. That was probably TMI, but that's why I ran out of time to do 9 kilometers

Gig: good luck on the test. But you'll pass, I just know you will!

rurunner: that's incredibly cold!

Heffa: keep your eyes on the prize. Won't be long now till you're running more mileage than me again.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Gig, good luck! What style? I did Tae Kwon Do for a long time but quit when I moved from TX to GA. I miss it sometimes.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

"Big" snow storm coming today so I stayed home from work to avoid the inevitable parking lot on the interstate.  One of my life rules: don't drive in snow with people who never drive in snow.  Ran this morning at a blustery 28º that turned to driving sleet that turned to heavy snow.  Had to cut it short to get back to the house before the roads got bad.  They've actually increased our forecast to 8"-12" (we've gotten a ½" in the last 30 minutes) so I probably won't even be able to leave the house until Sunday.  Hope there will be somewhere to run by then.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, that's a lot of snow for your neck of the woods!

It is mid-teens with winds up to 30 mph here today, so I suffered through a trip to the Y.  I mixed it up this time - some running on the TM, and some on the miniature track.  Actually felt much better than I expected.  I'm leaving the bunny in the dust!

Gig

Gig, good luck! What style? I did Tae Kwon Do for a long time but quit when I moved from TX to GA. I miss it sometimes.

We mostly do Tang Sudo, but with some Jujitsu. Sometimes other styles get thrown into the mix as well--Brazillian Jujitsu, boxing, street fighting, wrestling, qigong, and I'm probably not thinking of some others. I started about 2½ years ago, and I absolutely love it.  My DD and I are students, and DW teaches.

Dutchie42

We had rain yesterday. Cleared all the snow away. I was all happy. Guess what, it snowed again last night, ARGHHHHH. I'm almost 49 yo and I've never seen a Winter like this. 7 weeks of snow, ice, sleet.... and temps below 0C....

I sort of fartlekked 7 kilometers on the treadmill today. Can you fartlek on the TM?

Gig: how was your brown belt test?

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Gig

Three slow miles on the treadmill last night. I didn't want to overdo it before my exam.

Unfortunately, the exam got snowed out. Hopefully they'll try again next week.

Annapolis got a new rec center two or three weeks ago, and I joined, so now I have access to an indoor track (1/8 mile)  plus treadmills, stationary bikes, and plenty of lifting equipment. I wish I wasn't snowed in right now. I wanna go! Hey, Crabby, can I borrow your snow shoes?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We got our new NordicTrack treadmill set up in the basement last night.  Four out of our family of five have already gone for runs on it!   The 50 degree temperature is perfect.  I watched a video of a comedian.  SO much better than the Y, where it's hot and there's no TV!    This is going to make a huge difference for my running, I think.  No more excuses!