2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 21 - 27 September (Read 418 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood morning peeps,

It's a new week, so let's make it a good one

I started with a 3.2 kilometer recovery run. Spike was in running mode pulling me along for the first half, but when I turned to run back he stopped dead in his tracks and refused. He wanted to go another route. Well not today. But from that point on I had to "pull" him along. I was just glad he was on leash cause this doggie once made me do a 5 kilometer when I only wanted to do 3. He was off leash at the time and simply ran the 5 kilometer with me trailing behind.

Felt chilly when I walked out the door, but once I was running, my long sleeved shirt seemed a bit overdressed.Wink

Walked up the inclines (a bridge and half of a bridge). Lower calf seemed just fine. Oh, and I ran on my TM shoes that only have 450 kilometers on them.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Had my first puncture while barefooting.   Not sure when it got there, but I had a small piece of glass embedded in my foot.  Went to run yesterday and I had a sharp spot that just wouldn't go away.  It didn't take much to dig it out and now it feels fine.

Had a great run with shoes the day before.  11.5 miles at a very fast but comfortable pace.  I'm loving this fall weather.

...---...

Jeff - wow. Glass? right. Next time I start to complain about a sore arch, I'll remember you ran barefoot with glass in your foot.

Rain finally broke long enough to get in 5 this morning. No running yesterday - it rained heavily all. day long. 

Tried out the Nike Zoom Elite this morning - not a good feeling shoe on the feet but no IT band strain like other Nike brands. I think I'll trade them back in for another pair of Mizuno's. 

MTA - Dutchie, good reading your posts again. Can't wait to hear about the dogs in the mud fields 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Jeez Jeff, glass?! I'll never run barefoot

Perfesser, you're almost at 2000 kilometers. Way to go!

And Trey, I'm in hot pursuit. I'll catch you some day

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser, you're almost at 2000 kilometers. Way to go!

Hey, I didn't even realize that (I'm thinking in miles). At the rate I'm healing, I may not get there for awhile!

More elliptical today. Snore...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

And Trey, I'm in hot pursuit. I'll catch you some day

See there, I told you. You're right there. I better get going.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

No glass in these feet but had a really speedy run on a gray Juneau 50 degree day.  Feeling pretty good but am not really sure if I'll catch any of you this year.  I don't have any goals so I am not sure why I would run more than 10 miles on any given day.

Well I guess I could try to catch y'all and not give up!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Just a little exercise bike today. This ankle is not recovering very well, I'm starting to worry about MDI, in 3 1/2 weeks.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Just a little exercise bike today. This ankle is not recovering very well, I'm starting to worry about MDI, in 3 1/2 weeks.

Keep with the biking for a couple more days.  Is it swollen, inflexible, still painful?

I ran some intervals on the TM today before lifting some weights.  Feeling good!  Nothing in the future but a 10K on Saturday with a forecast of 48 derees and rainy.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

A dry 6 miles this morning.

I've got an achy arch that takes a while to loosen up. Sometimes if I tie my shoe too tight (which isn't very tight anyway), my arch will hurt - and then upon loosening up the shoe, the arch aching usually goes away within a few minutes.

I need to find one of Hobbe's tennis balls or dog toy balls and roll my arches. I'll check under the couch - that's where all Hobbes' and Daisy's balls eventually end up.

Got a job interview starting tonight and most of the day tomorrow. FIngers crossed.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Got a job interview starting tonight and most of the day tomorrow. FIngers crossed.

God bless!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Did some killer track work yesterday.  My legs are quite sore.  I don't know how fast I was doing them because it was one of those times when the Garmin decides it is going to have a dead battery for no good reason.  They must have been pretty good though to hurt this much today.

Trey - Good luck with the job interview.  You know I've found one of the advantages of barefooting is it strengthens your arches Smile

Crabby - 48F!  I will just have to imagine how good that would feel.

Imminent Catastrophe

45 more on the elliptical. The ankle just isn't mending very quickly, still painful when walking. I haven't tried running at all. It's got a brace on it.

Good luck Trey!

Dutchie42

Trey: how did the job interview go?

Crabby: I haven't got any races planned, but I'm looking for something up to 10 miles in November. But I don't want to travel too far (as in 30 minutes tops), which makes it kind of difficult to find something.

Perfesser: careful with the ankle. How many weeks till your next marathon?

Dutchie

Dog-Love

I just finished a really fast (for me) 5K run with my gal friends in the POURING rain!  Fun fun fun

Dutchie:  If you were closer, I would meet up for a biweekly 10 miler.  I should actually make time each week for one. 

but I end up doing all sorts of kid stuff

Trey what are you interviewing for? 

MTA I just noticed I am almost to the top of page 2,  I may actually get motivated over the next 3 months