2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 21 - 27 September (Read 418 times)

Dutchie42

Did an easy 5K yesterday. Spooky was constantly moving to the middle of the road so I had put her on leash.  Today is strength training and lots of studying.

Crabby: my goal till the end of the year is to get injury free and do 10 miles as my long run, improving my time. We could run together "virtually" .Should keep both of us on track.

Come on Trey, what about the job interview?

Perfesser: how's the ankle? Feeling any better?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

5-6-5 over the last 3 days.  Rest tomorrow and then I'll probably skip Saturday and save my legs for yard work.  21 on Sunday.  Tapering begins in earnest next week.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Gig

I've been running a lot less than I like. Mostly it's just been my twice weekly commute and a few miles over the weekend. I've gotta get back into it. I think my stretch goal of 1500 is out of reach. I missed two weeks of good running because of a freelance job (finished last night! unless they think of something else for me to do), and another two weeks being sick. Oh well, I'm on pace for 2KK, and 26.2/week is within reach.

I do have some exciting news. I took Raven out for a walk earlier this week, and for about 90 seconds, she was running! She's an old girl, and she really doesn't do that much at all. She used to walk faster than she was running this time, but she was happy and having fun.

MTA:

...---...

Awesome Brian - it won't be long now.

-

So yeah, the interview has gone well. Company X flew me into their HQ yesterday where I met up and had dinner with the company Pres and VP, we had a good comfortable and relaxed conversation for a couple hours. Today, I had "meetings" with VP of sales, Sales Manager, VP of Marketing, and one final visit with the President. I feel as if this has been a good interview and, from my perspective - given their feedback - it looks promising. It feels like a good fit to me. Hopefully they feel the same way. I told the Pres, after my interviews this morning, that based on my conversations and after looking at the structure (lay of the land so to speak), I wanted to come for the company ...so they know I'm on board. 

The best part is I wouldn't have to move. They won't make an offer until early November so until then, fingers crossed and let's go for a run!

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

Sounds like they really like you. Good luck! My fingers are already cramping, but I'll do my best to keep them crossed.

...---...

My fingers are already cramping, but I'll do my best to keep them crossed.

LOL, Gig. I'm counting on you to hold those fingers!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Gosh Trey, that's a really lengthy job interview. Do you know how many people they'll be talking to? If Gig can't keep his fingers crossed anymore, I'll take over Not sure how I'll be working the key board though.

Was supposed to do a 7K this morning but I overslept, that is, I was up then went back to bed September is always such a difficult month for me. It's soooo dark outside at 4h30 AM. I'll start myself on a get up early training again as of Monday. You know, start at 6AM then gradually get up 10 minutes earlier every other day till I'm used to 4h30 again.

Gig: is that Raven in the pic? She doesn't look old.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Black dogs are difficult to photograph, but meet Spooky. She's a BouvierXLabrador:

Dutchie

...---...

Spooky is a beautiful girl. Hobbes and Daisy say so too.

-

Dutchie - don't think they'll be interviewing anyone else...saved me for last. Good, I guess. I've got an "insider" there who has secretly kept me in the loop on discussions. He talked to the President yesterday who told him I did a good job in the interview. Not sure if that's an obligatory pat on the back since the Pres knows the guy feeding me info and I are friends. I'm sending thank you notes out to them today. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Gig - you can uncross your fingers. You too Dutchie. Company X called and made me an offer I can't refuse.

-

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Phew, I was wondering how to eat dinner with my fingers crossed

CONGRATS on the new job. Did you get the champagne out yet?

So can you tell us now what exactly you'll be doing for this company or is it still hush hush?

Dutchie

...---...

Still a little hush hush. Details next week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Gig - you can uncross your fingers. You too Dutchie. Company X called and made me an offer I can't refuse.

-

You're going to work for the Mafia? 

Sounds great!

I was planning to get in some elliptical today but instead stuffed myself with beer and Gino's deep dish Pizza. Hey, when in Chicago, I can't pass up the chance for Gino's!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I finally broke 2 miles barefoot yesterday.  Only some minor hot spots and a few small bruises.

Today was an awesome 4 mile tempo run.  I managed to run the entire 4 miles faster than my current 5K PR!  I have my 5K race in 2 weeks so I am feeling very confident.

Congrats on the job Trey.

Dog-Love

Congrats Trey...lots to celebrate...and I won't tell anyone here
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)