2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 8 April (Read 181 times)

Dutchie42

Hello people, my day is nearly over and it wasn't bad. How is yours so far? Did a 13K bike commute. I consider that to be my recovery workout. Have a swim class tonight, but not sure whether I'm going.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran 5 miles with my training partner. It was kind of hard, probably because I have run 11 out of the last 12 days. I'll have a couple of days off now, though. I hope I don't get too much farther behind the bunny - I've been gaining on him the last few weeks.

I run for Fried Chicken!

April is going to be a low month. Had family in town all last week and had my wedding reception last Saturday. Work has been kicking my ass. BUT! I'm going to Paris on Wednesday for a week. No running but at least I get a vacation. I'm so tired right now and I'm just trying to not get sick before my vacation. Hopefully I'll catch back up to the bunny when I get back.
        Dutchie42

Excuse me..... what was that you said? You had your wedding reception? You got marrried?!!!! Clowning around CONGRATS Clowning around Did the post not deliver a wedding invitation? LOL And yes, pictures please. Tell us all about it. Paris! Would that be your honeymoon? Been to Paris a few times. Hope you have lovely Spring weather. Don't eat too many crepes Smile

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

It's kinda a long story so I'll try to summarize. It was actually our 3rd ceremony/reception. 1st) We had an Iranian ceremony almost a year ago for her side of the family. 2nd) We got legally married last November at a little quickie place with just my sister and brother in law present. 3rd) We had a bigger reception this past weekend with a Chinese banquet for my side of the family. First party was small and we threw it together in a rush because of concerns for her grandfather's health. Legal ceremony we did just to get it over with. We had the Chinese banquet for my side of the family this past weekend and a bigger party to accommodate the people we weren't able to invite the last time. Paris is kinda our 2nd honeymoon, we went to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa last year. I just need to get away for a while before work kills me. I don't have all the pictures yet but here's one my sister took.

dork.major dork.

Beautiful picture! I did the same double take with your last post. Did 2.8 this morning. Easy run, beautiful morning. Totally the new loop I do when I don't want to run. I also paused for a while to help a very confused lost person. Glad I was out there so early to help him. There weren't a lot of folks wandering around.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

Kind of ran 3.5 accidentally this morning, was supposed to do 2.5 but went on autopilot. Should make for an interesting run tonight Aaron - Well congrats again anyway!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Aaron: great pic, lovely wife! Is that traditional chinese wedding clothing you guys are wearing? What did you wear for the Iranian wedding? No big american wedding then Wink Both calfs were very tight this morning. First almost 5K I had to walk often, cause my calfs felt like they were going to explode.But after a potty break behind a tree, things were suddenly much better. Should try squatting earlier when this happens again Wink First 5K took over 43 minutes. Never ever has it taken that long. Anyways, as the sky brightened up and turned pink, my legs woke up and did much better. Unfortunately, as I was so slow at the beginning, I didn't have time for the planned 15K, unless I skipped my stretch and I wasn't gonna. Only managed 12.4K.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

lol Dutchie 5 last night. The trails were very muddy so we did an out & back on the slightly less hilly section which made it a bit longer than usual 8.1 this morning.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 6.4 miles in Denver along a Creek and the South Platte. I hope to get out of here before the snow moves in tonight!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Did an amazing 7 miles today. 70 degrees and SUNNY!!! I think I'm on track for a 100 mile month. Which is awesomeness is mileage in my world.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

I hear we might hit 70's this weekend. I'll probably pass out in the heat Wink 6 this morning. Glad for the rest day tomorrow.

Dutchie42

Wonderful run with Spooky. Foggy and cold. We saw two foxes playing in a field and a deer drinking from a stream then taking off as it got aware of us. Tried to avoid walkbreaks as much as possible: 3xfor Spooky business, 1xto wait for traffic when I wanted to cross the dike and 1xwhen this big construction machine came from behind. I had seen it on this road earlier this week so I tried to run fast enough for me to be off this road before that machine came. Didn't make it though, with only about 300 meters to go. And no potty breaks for me for once. Big grin When I finished I noiced I had 30 meters left to make it a round 15K. So I added that.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

So what happened to everyone? Too busy to post? Actually changed my Saturday routine. For the first time ever, I dud UB strength before going out for a run. Did back, shoulders and triceps this morning. Then I went out for an 8.5K fun run with the doggies. Sunshine and clear blue skies at first. Mid way through, dark clouds were blown in from the southwest. As I sit here and type, it started to rain. ETA: forgot to tell that we saw another deer today. I noticed the dogs were obviously focused on something up ahead. It wasn't untill the deer turned and ran away I saw it myself. I stopped to watch it disappear between the trees. This is always the best thing about my runs. And now that it gets lighter again in the morning, I get to see them again. Foxes and rabbits, deer and moles, froggs and lizards, small birds and birds of prey. And lots of ducks Wink

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Also did lower body: Endurance strengthening. Different counts (1/3 - 2/2 - 3/1 - 4/4) squats: 15kg bb forward lunges: 4kg dbs backward lunges: 4kg dbs raised deadlifts: 15kg bb tibialis ex. with stability ball slow lunges: 4 counts down - 4 counts hold - 4 halfway up and downs - 4 counts up, total of 4 reps of the whole sequence. No weight. calf raises: no weight. And I did the runners section of Flexible Warrior: dvd with athletic yoga stretches.

Dutchie