2000Km-1243 mile club

Check-in week of 1 June-7 June (Read 460 times)

Dutchie42

It's June already And Summer is here, for the next two weeks anyway Looks like my half on the 14th will be a hot day.

Those stupid high heels set me back 30.5 kilometers behind the bunny. If I want to make it to 1000 kilometers by 1July, I have a lot of running to do this month:201,5 kilometers! That's really a lot. But I've run 200+K before, so I'm gonna give it my best. I moved my long run from Sunday to today, so I hope feet and knee have had enough recovery time to make it through the run and have fun too

The party last Friday was FANTASTIC. The balls of my feet still feel bruised and my R-knee still hasn't fully recovered from dancing for hours in those shoes. Saturday the company organised fun and games on the beach. Life just couldn't get any better than that: water, sun and the beach, plus waiters constantly bringing drinks (in my case bubbly water) and snacks/food. I spent most of the day lounging about, occasionally taking a stroll, but not too far because of my feet/knee. It felt like a mini vacation in a 5-star resort.

New month, new week. Let's make it an amazingly good one

I'll be back later to report on my run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Did my long run today, instead of yesterday. Because I hadn't run in a week and skipped last weeks long run too, I decided to have a walk break every kilometer. I ran slightly further then the route indicates, which took 1:16:12.

On the way back I had a walk break every 10 minutes. I was faster in the second half to the point that I had over 39 minutes left to run the last 5 kilometers. Then things turned bad. The outside of my R-knee started to really hurt, screaming ITB at me. I had to stop and stretch every couple of hundred meters @$#@#$@$#@ I still managed to finish overa minute faster than going out 1:14:37.

When I left the house, it was 17C. When I got home it was already 22C. We were just lucky that it was quite windy, and that the wind was slightly cold. Great for cooling us down.

In the last 30 minutes or so, I noticed that something was wrong with Spooky's right front leg. I even stopped and sat down for about 10 minutes or so (stopped the clock) to check her out but could't find anythng. She then seemed allright again. Then, when we almost finished our run and we were entering a residential area, she sprinted after a cat. When she came back she was definitely limping and having problems using that leg. Right now she's drewling (sp?) all over the living room floor. I'm just glad it's tiles and easily cleaned.

ETA: I'm now about 3 kilometers behind the pink monster. I'll catch it again this week.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Well I'll pipe in here.  I had a fabulous run (a shortie) on the wetland trail with a friend Dave and of course my doggie Rusty.  A scorcher here in Juneau and we are supposed to have a heat wave...and I'm talking 70-80 degrees max.  It was seriously warm for this Alaskan though.

I caught a 35 pound king salmon and an 8 pound king salmon yesterday and I am headed out again tomorrow.  Running always takes a back burner when the fish are in.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Dutchie - you're a riot. You and your heels, funny story...I don't know how women wear those things.

Crabby - I can't even imagine hauling in a fish that big. Awesome.

10K after work - 91 degrees and boy could I tell it. Everything is still on track for July marathon. knock on wood, hip issues remain at bay. I'm still taking it easy, runing easy, cross training and working out. I've been doing hills more regularly lately - after all, San Fran has a few of those on the course. .

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Crabby, I will send you the address where you can ship that salmon.

Trey, not true. San Francisco is completely flat. Like Mardi Gras, only without the overpass. Heh.

Not much to report here. I did a little elliptical, then a very short run today, just so I don't forget how. There's not much point in doing more at this point. A few days ago the Sunday Deadwood forecast was 50's and partly cloudy (ideal), now it's low 40's with rain (not ideal). NYC marathon lottery should be out on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

The good news is that the foot is feeling pretty good today with a grand total of 6-1/2 miles in the last week. That's my taper. I should write a book!

MTA: I TiVo'ed the first episode of the "Deadwood" series, just to get psyched. Must f***ing watch it tomorrow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Yesterday I didn't run. Thought my knee / ITB might like it. Did do a 10min ab w/o though. 

Today I was supposed to do a 60min run. But someone better explain to me why time goes by sooooo fast. I was up at 4h22 AM had 2 coffees. Started with an ab w/o at 5h11. Somehow I didn't get to my 30min UB w/o till 5h35 and then it took till 6h29 before Spooky and I left the house for a run. By then I didn't have time to run for an hour, or even 45 minutes, but I figured my boss would be used to me coming in late by now 

First 15 minutes were really hard. Having lots of walk breaks. But then I started running really fast, justifying the walk breaks cause I needed to recover   I even managed 2x6:16min kilometers, including one running up a bridge. Really fast for me. I logged today's run as an interval run. That's OK right?

MTA: get rid of all the really's

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie.

Sounds like an interval session to me. You've had a pretty aggressive workout regimen lately, be careful about overdoing it.

How's Spooky doing?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

I woke up with very sore legs yesterday and went for a nice and easy run with Rusty and JJ along the Eagle River.  Bear poop...no bears.  Hoary marmot though...pretty cute.

I am taking a break...I don't think this is a marathon year for me.  Perhaps a half in August and that will do.

Perfessor:  the Juneau marathon does offer a salmon BBQ afterwards all included in the cheap $35 entrance fee.  The shirts are not so great but the medal is quite attractive.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

How's Spooky doing?

Spooky's back to her normal self again. I have no idea what was wrong with her on Monday. We've had runs up to 22K recently and she was fine (and she has come with me for runs up to 36K before). We couldn't find anything wrong with her leg. And regarding the excessive drewling (something seems off with the spelling) she did when we got home, maybe she ate something she wasn't supposed to (as usual). But it's time for her 6-month check with the vet anyway, I'll ask her about it.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Spooky's back to her normal self again. I have no idea what was wrong with her on Monday. We've had runs up to 22K recently and she was fine (and she has come with me for runs up to 36K before). We couldn't find anything wrong with her leg. And regarding the excessive drewling (something seems off with the spelling) she did when we got home, maybe she ate something she wasn't supposed to (as usual). But it's time for her 6-month check with the vet anyway, I'll ask her about it.

Sounds like Daisy, she eats grass and gets sick. We give her Rimadyl for her occasional soreness.

Salmon after the Juneau Marathon? I am so there! I've been looking for an Alaska Marathon.

Speaking of Alaska, Deadwood forecast for Sunday morning:  35°F with flurries, windchill 20° Flurries? It's June! I didn't plan on that. Hey, it'll make a better memory.

...---...

35°F with flurries, windchill 20° Flurries? It's June! I didn't plan on that. Hey, it'll make a better memory.

That's the spirit Russ! Best of luck to you.

8 miles after work. Trying Cytomax instead of gatorade these days - SF will have this at the aid stations so I may as well get used to it. I'm not crazy about the after taste but I felt strong on my run after I had taken in 16 oz an hour before.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

We had Cytomax at the Country Music Marathon.  My reaction: mile 3 - this stuff is awesome; mile 23 - Mommy, please don't make me drink this.  But no dehydration problems on an 85F day.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

- Mommy, please don't make me drink this. 

LOL - yeah, I'm beginning to see it this way too. I'll need to continue experimenting with Cytomax but I do feel, for now, that it gives me more energy than the other sports drinks I've tried. Glad to know you had no hydration issues during a HOT marathon. Any gastrointestinal distress?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I made it to Deadwood, and I must say, the Black Hills are beautiful!

MTA: Good thing I haven't been wearing high heels!

Dutchie42

Well, I made it to Deadwood, and I must say, the Black Hills are beautiful!

MTA: Good thing I haven't been wearing high heels!

Pics??

Dutchie