2000Km-1243 mile club

Check-in week of 1 June-7 June (Read 460 times)

Any gastrointestinal distress?

Not a bit.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Pics??

Upcoming.

Unless you meant pics of me in high heels, then, uh...no.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AnneCA

Popping in to say Have a great race at Deadwood, Russ!

Trey, I'm doing 18-19 miles this weekend, a couple loops of GG Park, including doing the exact marathon route through it.  I know the park reasonably well, but I think it will feel good to get some experience on the race route through it.  I'm also starting to tweak pretty seriously about this marathon, so perhaps this will calm me down some . . . .

...---...

Trey, I'm doing 18-19 miles this weekend, a couple loops of GG Park, including doing the exact marathon route through it.  I know the park reasonably well, but I think it will feel good to get some experience on the race route through it.  I'm also starting to tweak pretty seriously about this marathon, so perhaps this will calm me down some . . . .

Anne - so glad you pooped in. I would love it if you would report back your thought of that section of the course. Any details on elevation, etc, would be great! As a matter of fact, any other details you have about the course would be a great help in my preparations. Of course, I've run the bridge before and know the sections along embarcardero and the marina but other than that...

Have a great run this weekend. Glad you're feeling strong and the injury issue has improved. I'm on track as well... fingers crossed.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Well, have I ever... we Dutch apparently have a cricket team And the team apparently defeated one of the best cricket teams in the world: the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/8082343.stm

Not sure whether the Dutch are that good, or whether the English were simply having a really bad day which allowed the Dutch team to win

MTA: I didn't understand a word of that news article.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Upcoming.

Unless you meant pics of me in high heels, then, uh...no.

I'd love to see you in high heels

Jim came with me today. He made me run hard again. Fast 7K it turned out to be. Despite several breaks: 1xdoggie business, 1xtake Spooky off leash, 1xfor a sip.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

A bit of sad news. Simba, my 8 month old kitten, has been sick this week. I took her to the vet who diagnosed her with FIP. It's a fatal disease. It was a shock. They drew some blood and I'll probably get the confirmation on Monday.
                I never heard of FIP before. Then again, none of the cats I've owned was ever sick (they all got run over by traffick).

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Popping in to say Have a great race at Deadwood, Russ!

Thanks Anne (and everyone)! Make sure you ride the Bison in the park. They like that.

Forecast for tomorrow now 39°F, mist/rain, light breeze. Not too bad, tights or shorts? Right foot, don't fail me now! The path is a nice gravel surface. Although the RD is just asking for trouble by printing "FINISHER" on the race bibs. Can you believe that?

Off to see the Devil's Tower.

MTA: Dutchie, so sorry about your kitty.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Pics??

For starters.

Finished the week with an easy 11.  Got out later than I should have and temps were near 80 when I finished.  And I forgot to plan for drinks.  Gotta get back in the hydration habit with longer runs intersecting higher temps.  28 miles for the second week in a row so I'm getting closer to my 30 mpw goal (which I guess will be replaced by a 35 mpw goal).  Taking tomorrow off since I ran 5 days (including wrapping up a streak of 5 consecutive days) plus 4 softball games.  The dogs are barking and ready for a day off.

Russ - that picture looks like some mashed potatoes I had last night. Seriously, awesome sight.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

For starters.

Wow! That's gorgeous. Now I'm jealous

Dutchie

Finished a low mileage week with a 10K. Only 51 seconds off of goal time of ONE HOUR, so hopefully I'm on target for my half in September.

Love that pic!

A

Recalculating...

...---...

12 slow painful miles today. Dumbest thing I've done in a while: go out last night with DW, stay out late, drink more than a runner should, get up late, half eat right, half hydrate well, and take off at mid day, with high humidity @ ~80 degrees.By the time 12 miles rolled around, it was 85 degrees and I had started to hallucinate seeing cool water falls, cheese burgers, a giant chocolate tree. 

So - looks like I'm taking a recovery week now. Next week: must get my a$$ out of bed and run when it's cooler. 

Hoping Russ had a great day @ Deadwood. 

Modified for spelling.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I finished. 4:34 or so. Slower than I expected but 7-1/2 minute negative split (check the elevation profile to see why), last 10k @9:50 pace, passing quite a few people. Now my foot is very, very angry. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

(That's Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickock on the Medal. Heh.)

Dutchie42

Congrats Perfesser. Great time too!

I'm no good at reading graphs. Does that mean it was hilly or just one big hill ? And no, I'm not blond.

Trey: we all do foolish things. A giant chocolate tree???

Drphibes: you should go run with Trey. See any chocolate trees?

Ayola: great time on the 10K.

Me: skipped my long run. How stupid is that. Got a race to run on Sunday. Guess I'll be participating again, instead of trying for a PR.

Dutchie