2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 9 - 15 Nov (Read 292 times)

Dutchie42

Nice TM run with Cinemania 2 again. Calfs were tight at the beginning, but they loosened up without having to stop and stretch. Last couple of minutes I increased speed a bit:
    1min@9.5K, 10K, 10.5K and 11K with a 1 min recovery @ 9K inbetween. Felt really good!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

First outside run since I got sick 4 weeks ago. Very leisurely run. Goal was to keep avg HR at 150. Did take me over 38 minutes to run 5.1K though. Can't remember ever being this slow! But it felt effortless.

Spooky absolutely enjoyed being out with me again. Lots of mud and rain puddles for her to play in, roll in, run through. Didn't bring Spike and now I feel guilty. Better take him out for a nice long walk

Dutchie

Raced in a small 10-miler this morning.  I went out with the intention of running a positive split: go aggressive in the first half and then, if I fell apart, so be it.  Thought 10:00 was an aggressive pace so that's what I ran for the first half.  I felt great and the course started down hill at that point so I picked it up and wound up breaking 95 minutes and 9:30 pace.  First time I think I can honestly say I gave nearly 100% as there wasn't much left in the tank at the end.  First time I ever felt good about coming in last in my age group.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Yaaaay Brian!! It was a brave plan and you exceeded your expectations and had a GREAT run! Good for you!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Huntsville Half Marathon today. It was a well-done race (despite starting 20 minutes late as the Police Dept. requested). A mostly flat, rather boring course, but then I'm spoiled after my last three races. Pretty nice race overall and definitely good bang-for-the-buck. $20, and you get pizza at the finish and a nice long-sleeved tech T. They were overwhelmed because they expected 650 runners but got 1000. They handled it well, though.

I ran OK, considering. 2-mile splits 8:29 to 8:49, and I was trying for even pacing. Considering my recent problems and lack of training I feel OK about my time (1:53). But considering that a few months ago when everything was going well I was planning a BQ (3:35) race today, not so good. Oh well.

This put me at 1367 miles, which is the goal for that Marathon-a-week User Group. Next goal: 1500!

Where's Trey?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Where's Trey?

Busy with his new job I suppose. Hope he's still running.

I'll be off for my first 60 min run since I've been sick. I'll be building my long runs back up by time instead of mileage.

How do you guys do it? Do you go by mileage or time? Which is better you think?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

First, I took the doggies out for a run run. Only 2 kilometers, cause it had been a while since I took Spike out running.

Then I hopped on the TM. Planned 1h10 easy, but changed my mind and ran a negative split. Just to see if I could. Ended up running 11 kilometers. It was a hard run, but it felt good.

Dutchie