2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 12-18 April (Read 476 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone,

It's a new week Let's make it a good one. Sun's out and it looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous Spring day.

This morning I did a 45 min UB w/o, 10 min abs and 32 min LB. R-hip's been bothering me so I figured a rest from running was in order. I may do my 15 min recovery run after work when my hip's loosened up some more.

Have a great Monday and a most excellent run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Great mileage last week Dutchie!

Easy 3 this morning, a great 8 miles yesterday. I ran 4 out of 8 at my planned HM race pace (10:30 m/m) I kept swinging high (9:15!) and low but it averaged out well and felt good. And the overall pace was in the range of my new easy pace 11:30/45. I think this type of workout gives me a little more confidence - I'll go for between 5-6 miles next time.

Tomorrow weight training.

Happy monday, A

Recalculating...

The Plodder

Sunday and today I have had my usual half hour on the deadmill.

I was looking through my log from a couple of years ago and saw that i was regularly doing 4miles in just over 32 mins on the treadmill. Since got back into it I havent really tried to see how fast I can go over that distance.

So I have had a couple of goes - managed 31:39 yesterday - 1min 10.5kph, 19 mins 12.0kph, rest 12.5kph.

Which i was pleased with, but felt i could go a bit faster.

so today ttired: 1min 10.5kph, 19 mins 12.5kph, rest 13.0kph = 30:29.

Am well chuffed with that, and i appreciate i didn;t warm up properly, and that doing this too often isnt a great idea. But with no race on the horizon, I am gonna stick to doing most of my miles around 10 min pace, with an treadmill interval session chucked in for a few weeks and have a go at cracking 30 mins.

I think just concentrating on racking miles up is going to get a bit boring, and i need to target something in order to keep me focused.

Imminent Catastrophe

Great mileage last week Dutchie!

Gah, you beat me by one mile! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Gah, you beat me by one mile! 

Yeah and it got me in trouble.

My R-hip problem returned. I can't even walk without it hurting. With the 16hr Roparun team training this weekend I booked an emergency appointment with my PT. Turns out it’s not my hip, but one of my gluteus muscles that attaches to the hip bone. In other words... it’s my butt! I’m in for some very painful deep tissue massage treatments 3xweek, sigh. And he immediately told me off for skipping my monthly maintenance treatment since October. Yeah yeah, it’s all my own fault... Anyways, he wants me to cut back this week just to make sure I'll manage the relay run this weekend. Then we'll see how to go from there, depending on how my butt's behaving during and after the relay

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Ended up with a good week last week...

Found myself tonite just not wanting to run at all.. yet I had a fairly tough hill run scheduled... I got home from work pretty late, ate dinner, and finally talked myself into going... warm up was blah... first time up the hill was double blah, and then something clicked and I had a pretty good workout... Felt good about mentally toughing it out today...

Going to end up driving around 15 hours Wednesday/Thursday... so this might end up being a weird week for me...

Hurry up and get better Dutchie...!  (I am sure there is some joke in here about you having/being a pain the butt...  )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I am also drawing a blank on butt jokes... feel better Dutchie. We all need to keep in mind how all of the muscles affect each other and how  issues in the hips (Dutchie) or ankles (me) can manifest themselves elsewhere...

Pretty mild weight training yesterday - did some rowing which I haven't done in awhile. Husband has been going to a trainer this spring with great results - the boot camp style stuff is really not my personality at all but...  I might try it after the running season is over.

4 miles done today

3 tomorrow

A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

You guys go right ahead and make butt jokes at least I'll have something to laugh about. PT told me yesterday (Wed) the relay run this weekend is OUT.

He wants me to run 10K easy today. If that doesn't aggrevate the problem I can run an other 10K on Friday. I have my next appt. Friday afternoon. Then we'll discuss what to do with my long run on Sunday. Already have 3 more appts. for next week.

But the way the relay works, run a kilometer, sit in a van for 3 kilometers when you cool down and muscles start stiffening up, then repeat is the worst thing I could do right now. ARghhhhh. I'm sooooo disappointed. I was really looking forward to this 16hr relay.

Dutchie

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just a little primal scream to break the tension.  4 days to go.  6 AM flight tomorrow morning.  I'm already losing sleep, I can't imagine how bad I will be the night before the race.

Dog-Love

The weather is improving and my runs are fine.  Juneau is beautiful and all is well in the world.  I am 15 weeks out from my marathon and not worried at all.  Mostly work is getting in the way of running...and my kids sports events, but I manage to squeeze runs in when I can.

Sorry Dutchie about your aches and pains and  you know there will be other relays.  Frustrating though!

Good luck Heffa. BTW...which lttle race are you in?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Dutchie42

Crabby: it's very frustrating cause I'm part of a team and feel like I'm letting the team down. They now only have 3 runners.

Test run, as advised by my PT.
                        It seemed to go well. Hip was a little painful at first, but as I warmed up the pain subsided and the hip was just noticeable.
                        However, with 3 kilometers left to go, I decided to do a little bit of speed work in the tree tunnel, to make up for a walk break when crossing the dike road: speed up for 5 trees (100 meters mabye?) and slow down again for 5 trees and repeat a couple of times. After about 8 times and nearly at the end of the tree tunnel, there was a sudden stabbing pain at the top of my hip where that butt muscle attaches to the hip bone, that made me cry out and stop. As I slowly started running again, the hip was definitely pretty painful, though it got a bit better by the end of my run. Guess I shouldn't have tried to do a teeny weeny bit of speed work, sigh.

Just walked about 2 kilometers to the vet and back with Spike and Spook for Spooky's annual check up and the hip wasn't feeling as bad as this morning. Guess what, Spooky lost weight and she's now under doctor's orders to eat more Wink

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Jeff, you're on your way already - Good Luck!! Hope you have a spectacular time and look forward to your RR.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Well... tough hill workout today... but I got through it.

I've been kinda down a bit... It's been a little hard getting started...  Part of it is a lack of sleep this week... I drove 8 hours Wednesday night... slept 2 hours, spent 4 hours doing stuff with my daughter... ran roughly 4 miles, and then was in a car again for 8.5 hours back... My butt still hurts...

I can see myself getting better... My weight loss has kinda stalled... I need to get that kick started again... still have 20+ lbs to lose...

Good Luck Heffa!!!

Get Better Dutchie... always sucks when it feels like one is letting the team down... I hope it all works out well...

Hooray for decent weather Crabby!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Someone on another forum reminded me that I have CWX stabilix compression capri's for running and that those are great for supporting the butt/hip area. I've found them tucked away in a drawer and will be using them religiously.

In case you are wondering why I have them and don't wear 'm...... these are compression tights.... they compress..... they make me pee a kazillion times....

BTW, I'm allowed another 60min run today with lots of stretching after. If it doesn't aggrevate the problem I'm allowed to try to run 15K or 90 minutes on Sunday as a long run.

And in case any of you get butt problems, cows head is a great butt stretch. Why have I been skipping that one the last couple of months?

Kelly: you drove 8+ hours to spend 4 hours with your daughter? Couldn't you stay longer? Jeez, if I drove 8+ hours I'd be in the the middle of France and I'd stay there for at least a week.

Crabby: enjoy running in nice weather.

Heffa: don't stress about it. It's just another race You've done plenty of those. I always sleep like a log before any race. The race is Monday, right?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

As by PT orders: easy running, no speeding, no striders. And I was wearing my CWX Stabilix tights. Had to have a potty break twice. And I only had two small coffees before the run.
                                Gosh, incredible 10K run Felt so easy too. First 5 minutes my hip hurt pretty badly, but then the pain subsided and the hip was only "very noticeable" throughout the whole run. I had Spooky off leash as much as possible to avoid her pulling me forward or aside, limiting any stress that might cause to my hip/butt. So now we'll see how my hip/butt is during the day.

I read a thread on a running forum where it said (I think it was Nobby who said it) to lift the knees higher cause that was more energy efficient and I know I don't do that much so throughout the run I kept telling myself to lift lift lift. Somehow, I was running faster without trying. Huh? I even had a couple of breaks for Spooky off/on/off/on leash, and to pick up someone's school ID. I'll mail that one to the school on Monday.

Dutchie