2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 8-14 June (Read 376 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood morning everyone,

Got my first run of the week in. Gorgeous morning, chilly (only 9C). Ran an out&back: 4.8 out in 31:21 and back in 30:28. Avg pace 6:27. Felt great, but not easy.

I like out&backs more and more.

Perfesser: thanks for explaing the graph How are you feeling today?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

3 mile recovery run, same temp as Dutchie (I had to get the Canadian side of my brain to work)

quads are yucky after lots of downhills yesterday and I'm questioning the stairs in my apartment "why are you in my way?!" Luckily for my quads/ or unluckily for my wallet no gardening today.

tomorrow a pre-emptive strike visit to the PT to learn about stretching calves and ankles and a much needed hair cut

Onto ramping up to a 40 mile week to catch that bunny!

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Its finally cooling off here in Juneau (Has been in the high 70's and low 80's for over a week) and perhaps I can get back to running.  I am a heat wuss.

So I have a summer in front of me and I am going to start some speed work so that perhaps I can get my sub 24 5K out of the way!  Have been wanting to do that for 3-5 years now.  Today will be a nice and easy 4-7 mile run.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I'm still trying to bust out of my post marathon recovery period.  I've got to get back to a regular schedule.  I just can't seem to focus very well when I don't have a race coming up.  The summer slate is pretty empty currently.  Maybe I should sign up for a July 4th run to get myself motivated.

7.2 miles of tempo yesterday.  8 x 800m.  I am out of shape.  I intentionally chose a conservative pace and I still only managed 5 intervals at full speed.

Russ - Deadwood looks like an awesome marathon.  That sounds like a good travel marathon to put on the list.  Congrats on the finish!

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: thanks for explaing the graph How are you feeling today?

Not too bad! Sunday afternoon the foot was so painful I could barely walk, I thought I'd broken something. Monday it was much better, even better than before the race and today it's fine. I'm pleasantly surprised, I really though I'd pay a big price for running on that bad foot. You never know! Today just a little (to be expected) foot soreness and quads are on fire from that long downhill but that's just normal muscle soreness. I hate stairs!

Heffa, it was awesome and beautiful. We got so see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument (incredible!), Spearfish Canyon and Devil's Tower. I'm working on a RR for this with pix.

MTA: Hey, I placed 12/32 in age group. Better than I expected

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey all!

Haven't checked in here for a while.  I had an injury-plagued race on Memorial Day, took a week off, and have now run every day in June so far.  9 days and counting, with the goal to run every day this month.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey all!

Haven't checked in here for a while.  I had an injury-plagued race on Memorial Day, took a week off, and have now run every day in June so far.  9 days and counting, with the goal to run every day this month.

Welcome back! (even if you are a Michigan fan )

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

This morning, the first 2 kilometers were hard cause the lower half of both my calves felt incredibly tight. But after that, it loosened up and I could run pretty easily.
                  Strong wind when I ran towards the dike. Luckily running on the dike I had the wind in my back. Nice run!

Imagine that, I almost didn't run this morning. I went out with Spooky and noticed these dark black clouds coming. No way! And I went back inside. Told my self not to be such a wuss. Went back out again and had a great run.

Spooky totally enjoyed herself sprinting forwards and backwards. Saw a rabbit, chased after it then stopped dead in her tracks when the rabbit disappeared between the trees. I couldn't see why she stopped but maybe a big rambo rabbit was waiting for her there Anyways, don't like it when she's chasing the wildlife.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Dutchie:  If Spooky can't say it ...I would say Wuss if all you have is a bit of rain.  Running in the rain is FUN.  Repeat after me...RUNNING IN THE RAIN IS FUN FUN FUN

OK then nothing but great weather here in Juneau and we had a late in the evening trailrace tonight 6K and about 40 people.  I went for 31:07 which is 2 minutes faster than I have done before I think.  Anyway it was fun.  My 13 year old daughter ran it in 28:56..

Welcome back Jeff and streaking is sort of OK.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

3 easy, slow recovery miles today. Everything feels pretty good! Massage therapist is amazed how much better the foot is.

BTW my RR is posted here.

...---...

Awesome to see Jeff and the others dropping back in. It's like Christmas when the family is all together again.

Anyway, I had zero energy Monday and Tuesday - the past 2 weeks really tooki it out of me...I'm thinking higher temps with plenty of humidity hurt me a bit. My appetite hasn't been great lately but I seem to have gotten over that hump. 

8 miles tonight, easy pace - 90 degrees at run time. Started to rain at mile 7 which felt like a gift from heaven. Thinking of maybe tossing in some tempo pace running in the middle of my run tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just toss in some strides. 

Russ - Awesome marathon. Given your foot issues, I tip my hat. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Tonight was my Wednesday group run which I had missed for the past 3 weeks.  The distance varies from week to week but today was 3.1 miles.  There's a bonus 2 miles that a lot of people run afterward.  I'm so slow, I get there early and run the 2 first.  Plan was to run marathon pace of 11:00 (in my dreams), but wound up running 10:00 which is my current 10K goal.  All this in 87 degree, high humidity conditions.  Go me.

I've been pretty down lately about my speed.  Its funny to hear people talk about their easy runs and realize that their easy is faster than my 5K PR.  It really shows up in the group runs where I'm back there with the dogs and strollers just struggling to hold on.  Today, however, I think a lot of people misjudged the heat as I was passing a lot of walkers about 2.5 miles in.  A nice little boost just when I needed it.

Russ - great RR.  So glad you had a great experience and that the foot didn't affect you too badly.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

I keep falling further and further behind.  My Tuesday run was ruined this week because I got stuck at work.  About 10 min before quiting time a tree fell down from some storms we were having.  It blocked the road for about an hour...nobody in or out.  Hopefully I can get my run in today.

Dog-Love

I ran a hard hill run with some friends and it really kicked my butt. Taking the day off today.  I just noticed how many of us have dogs in our avatars...weird.

Tomorrow I hope for a nice and easy run before an afternoon meentig

Imminent Catastrophe

...I just noticed how many of us have dogs in our avatars...weird.

Yeah, Dutchie, get with it. We want Spooky!

Speaking of dogs, If I'd had Daisy on Sunday, I would have PR'ed. She loves to pull me uphill. She thinks she's a sled dog.