2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 28 Sept. - 4 Oct. (Read 355 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone,

New week people! Let's make it a good one

Just finished a 30 minute run (4.22 kilometers) on the treadmill. Not running outside till I have my new shoes.

Took me over 25 minutes to get changed this morning, then another 15 minutes to set everything up (fans, music, water). Think that's the definition of procrastination First 20 minutes were a bit difficult. Not enjoying it much. Then everything loosened up and I had fun. Too bad I only had 30 minutes for my run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

My time for slacking is over and now I need to ramp my mileage back up for my first ultra in Dec.  Did a little bit of a rough 14 miles yesterday.  I think my legs were still tired from my extra hard tempo on Friday.

Brian - I love it when a run surprises me.  Sounds like you are in great shape mentally and physically.  What a great confidence builder going into Chicago.

Crabby - Good result considering the distractions.  You didn't get your 52 but you were still very close to your PR!

Imminent Catastrophe

Grrrr, the ankle is still bad and I'm stuck with the elliptical, which is getting old. Maybe a few more days.

15 days now.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: hang in there. It will get better! When is the race?

Dutchie

10K this morning in a beautiful fog

Finally got back to the 100 mile month after 3 bogus months of getting a new job and moving - now I'm employed and running on schedule!

I may not get to 2KK but hopefully past 1000 miles by Thanksgiving or so.

Missing the Maine coast - I hope you're recovering well Perfesser.

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks all. The race is the 18th, it's not looking good.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Did a 7K on the TM today. Hope my new shoes come soon.

Added on a 20min LB w/o: (plie) squats, lunges, deadlifts, tibialis with ball.

Dutchie

Thanks all. The race is the 18th, it's not looking good.

Are you elevating the ankle after eliptical workouts.  It sounds ridiculous, but I bet an eliptical workout, followed by wrapping ankle (tightly) in ice and then elevating the anke high against the wall would be a good combo. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Dog-Love

Having a good week.  Hope yours gets only better Russ.

Intervals today and lifted a bit of weight

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Russ - sorry to hear.

What a crazy couple weeks. I've been gone so often, I'm getting more used to hotel rooms than I am of home. DW's father was diagnosed with cancer a several weeks ago. It was a shock. PET scan revealed cancer just about everywhere (liver, kidney, stomach, intestines, lungs, hip, bone - that's just what I can remember) except the pancreas which is the only bright point in this. It's stage 4 and he'll have SIX! chemo treatments every 3 weeks. It's tough being away from home right now. 

Coincidentally, I'm running the Spirit of Survival marathon Sunday which supports cancer centers and honors cancer survivors. Fitting. I should be sufficiently motivated as a result. 

I'm in Oklahoma this week, lots of high wind - very little outdoor running for me. Ready for the work week to be over.

Dutchie - regarding my new employer, my job title is Account Manager for South East, South West, and West Coast territories. Will be lots of traveling but maybe I can follow Russ around and run some cool marathons. I'm already thinking I'll plan a trip to the west coast around the Big Sur marathon in 2010. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

PS - Jeff

I'm still on track to be back in your area for a couple days the week of Oct 12. Details should firm up soon. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey, sorry about DFIL. That sounds tough.

I've got a hankerin' for Big Sur too. I enjoy scenic destination races.

I got one mile yesterday with some discomfort and 3 today pretty comfortably, I'm feeling optimistic for the first time in a couple of weeks! Yay!

MTA: But crap, that's an ugly gap in my log!

Imminent Catastrophe

Are you elevating the ankle after eliptical workouts.  It sounds ridiculous, but I bet an eliptical workout, followed by wrapping ankle (tightly) in ice and then elevating the anke high against the wall would be a good combo. 

Exactly what I'm doing as I write!

Awesome!  Let me know how it works (It's not magic, but who knows..)!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Just some easy runs this week.  Saving myself for my 10 mile race this weekend.  I love racing new distances, automatic PR!

Trey - I'll have to start thinking about a good run to take you on.  It will have to be either Monday or Tuesday.  I have work stuff on Wed and I head down to SC for a wedding on Thursday.

MTA - I broke 1000 miles for the year today.  By far the earliest in the year for me.