2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week July 28 (Read 335 times)

...---...

Hope you can run okay in Orlando, it gets pretty hot what with it being inland and everything. You going park hopping?
    No, all work - trade show, unfortunately. Would rather park hop, I think. Hope to see Cirque du Soleil while I'm there...it's been a while. 10 years ago, I live in Orlando for a couple years...I'm sure it's changed. Hope all have a great weekend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Aaron: run like the wind! Go Go Go Wink Trey: I have no idea how big it was as I only saw it swimming with its head above water. Jeff: great going on the mileage. Keep it up! Ennay: you're almost at the finish line Surprised Me: did a 2.56K doggie fun run as a warm up, then did 6x185 meter intervals with 185 meter recovery walks (walking back) and a 1.25K cool down doggie fun run. Spooky was running with me during the intervals, jumping up, scaring me to death I'd stumble and fall. Spike found himself a nice spot in the field to dig while Spooky and I were doing the intervals. Had a shake just minutes before heading out the door for my run. Never been a problem. However, I soon found out having one before doing intervals is not a bright idea. Thought I was gonna be sick at the end of every interval. Stomach was really upset. I enjoyed last weeks interval training. Not so this one. Lesson learned I guess.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

OK, just reporting that I also did a 30min lb w/o and a 60min ub w/o incl. abs. I just love doing legs after a run. My legs feel soooo much better when I do. Time to clean the house. Well.... part of it anyway.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Unplanned long run, 15.6 in Central Park. I noticed there were a lot of runners, even for a Saturday. Then noticed they had numbers. Turns out it was a NYRRC MYC Marathon training long run--20 miler, with support: water stops, portajohns, security, ambulances, everything. Must be nice to have that kind of support for a training run! I didn't join in since I hadn't entered, but ran a lap with them, then turned around and ran against the flow which was much more interesting. Two laps plus another of the Reservoir. I felt OK afterward.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

I'm always tempted to go downtown for a PDX training run. They dont charge for the ones here, only for the seminars.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

8.3 miles on a hotel treadmill...better than running in the Lake Buena Vista tourist crowd here in Orlando. If you're ever visiting this town, make plans to eat at Jonnie's Hideaway. OMG was it good. A little pricey, but WOW. Worth blowing my work out over. I'll definitely run extra on Sunday...after all that food.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

20K long run today. The route I picked ended up to be 19.99K. Not bad. I expected a tough run because of yesterday's interval training and heavy leg w/o, but it was relatively easy today. Have to run more evenly paced though. It now looked like this: 01 = 7:18 bridge #1 02 = 7:18 bridge #2 03 = 7:22 took Spook off leash 04 = 7:16 put Spook back on leash to cross main road 05 = 6:54 06 = 7:14 took Spook off leash 07 = 7:02 08 = 7:11 Spooky back on leash cause she kept running away 09 = 6:50 10 = 6:40 (1:11:07) 11 = 6:27 12 = 7:11 13 = 7:24 watering Spooky 14 = 7:59 cross road on dike 15 = 7:29 take Spooky off leash 16 = 7:17 Spooky's watering hole (where the otter is. Didn't see it today.) 17 = 6:51 18 = 6:37 19 = 7:35 "recovering" before taking on the last bridge 19.99 = 7:08 bridge #3

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Beat my 5k goal time! Under 25mins. Smile Ran it in 24:27. I ran horrible splits though, started out way too fast. 1st mile was at a 7:19 pace, 2nd mile was a 8min and last mile was 8:30. I'm pretty sure I can go under 24 mins on my next race. This is the first 5k I've ever ran. It's such a mental race. I definitely could have pushed the last mile a lot harder but it's hard to talk yourself into it. Modified to add official time was 24:40 but the race wasn't chipped and I started out in the back so I went by my watch time.

...---...

Nice job Aaron! Who cares about spilts...the final time is all that counts. I almost always run a faster 1st mile...mainly to get away from the crazy mob zig-zagging out in front of 5K's. very very easy 3.4 on the hotel treadmill. 25 miles for the week and feeling good. A little tired but god. Rest day tomorrow.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Woohoo Aaron! Great race, great time. Congrats on setting a PR Clowning around

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice race Aaron! No doubt you could do under 24 if you ran even splits!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

woohoo Aaron! Grrrr was sick this weekend and had to skip my long run. Sad

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7