2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 25 February (Read 289 times)

A Saucy Wench

Wow that sounds like exactly the opposite of my treadmill runs. I usually start out thinking 5 miles and end up with a nice round 20 minutes.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

2008 Goals 5K<24 (pr="" 24:03)="" 10k=""></24><50 (pr="" 52:50),hm=""></50>< 1:50="" (1:54:36)="" /><4:00 (4:02:53) i am fast....for me! ennay, just noticed what you have underneath your messages. you are fast. i don't come even close. (4:02:53)="" i="" am="" fast....for="" me!="" ennay,="" just="" noticed="" what="" you="" have="" underneath="" your="" messages.="" you="" are="" fast.="" i="" don't="" come="" even=""></4:00 (4:02:53) i am fast....for me! ennay, just noticed what you have underneath your messages. you are fast. i don't come even close.>

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

2008 Goals 5K<24 (pr="" 24:03)="" 10k=""></24><50 (pr="" 52:50),hm=""></50>< 1:50="" (1:54:36)="" /><4:00 (4:02:53)="" i="" am="" fast....for="" me!="" ennay,="" just="" noticed="" what="" you="" have="" underneath="" your="" messages.="" you="" are="" fast.="" i="" don't="" come="" even=""></4:00>
        I was the fat chick who was always picked last for gym class. I puttered along with running in my late 20's and early 30's and was 34 before I broke a 10- minute mile. That anyone would think me fast is a very very novel concept. Big grin I just need to remind myself of how far I've come when I hang out in the 10K training room with those 37 minute guys.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

5 miles today. It was supposed to be 6 but nature called Shocked

Imminent Catastrophe

6.2 applehouse with DW and dogs. Nice day, foot was a 5 of 10.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

No swim class yesterday because of the school break. Today was an absolutely gorgeous run! Despite the clouds and it being dark, it was very clear. When we were on the dike, I could see all the way across the lake where the lights of Amsterdam and the village of Muiden made it look very cheerful. Up ahead the three high rises near the marina were all lit up too. Sky was orangy: light pollution. But it did look very nice! Way in the distance the lights of the highway looked like Xmas lights hung in the sky just for me. Effortless smooth running. Except for all the stops and starts because the doggies had to do their business.

Dutchie

...---...

Wednesday did a very easy 3.5 on the TM. The tempo run from Tues worked me harder than I thought so I slowed it down after feeling a little discomfort in my beach-ankle. Thursday was supposed to take in another easy run but was too pooped after flight and drive home from airport. I'll probably go out for just a couple easy miles today. Got a 10K race tomorrow (3/1), this will be my first 10K so I'm not setting any pace goals (also a hilly course). Looks like everyone had a great training/running week. There's no way I'll catch the bunny but I really like this group. Have a great weekend all!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

My running partner and I ditched our early morning run today -- so I'll head to the gym after work and do some TM time and maybe lift some weights. I lifted on Tuesday for the first time in a while... and have been walking around like someone took a billy club to me ever since. Trey: I hear you on catching the bunny in this place... I've been focusing on staying ahead of you and maybe catching moonjockey. You could always give me a run for my money. Just saying. Wink

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

I really like this group. Have a great weekend all!
                    Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin THat is the most important part! Have a great 10k I think I know why my runs were sluggish this week...kids are sick and I went to bed at 6 last night. Seems pretty mild so far.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, it is a good bunch. I probably won't catch the bunny either but I still like hanging out here. Today--6.2 with wife and dogs. Not bad. I'm doing purely slow, aerobic work for now.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Marquess of Utopia

It was a really nice day today, sunny, 37F, 27F with wind chill. This was the only day in February I wore shorts!!! Roads were really wet from the melting snow, but it was great. 7.2 miles, hit 180 miles for the month Big grin

...---...

Trey: I hear you on catching the bunny in this place... I've been focusing on staying ahead of you and maybe catching moonjockey. You could always give me a run for my money. Just saying. Wink
                          Ooooh. it's on! Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

: Have a great 10k
                            Thank you! By the way, I followed your pre-race day advice (in another forum to someone else) by running a couple miles today with just a few vey mild pacers. I think it will help...I also wanted to get my new Garmin 205 out there to try it out MTA: I'm also really glad I did throw in some miles since IMOGENE is ahead of me on the pace chart Wink

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: have a great race. Enjoy it! Did not take the dogs out for their fun run this morning. Just walked the dogs and that was bad enough. We have 54km/h winds (34mph) with gusts up to 100km/h (66mph). I was literally blown off balance twice. And I was just walking. The wind kept pushing me aside and off the path too. It's bad out there. There was this plane that was making a turn right overhead of me. It was so darn low I thought it would touch the tree tops. Not really ofcourse but just to give you a sense how low it was. Planes usually fly over high in the sky. I'll wait till after lunch. If the wind hasn't died down by then, I guess I'll have to hop on the TM. Not in the mood for that. But since the flu messed up my marathon training schedule, can't afford to miss a run.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Trey: how was you race???? I'm expecting a race report Smile

Dutchie