2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 2 - 8 Nov (Read 373 times)

Easy 4+ on a crisp 37ºF morning.  Gonna try to get to 33 on 5 days for the week. While I've enjoyed the feeling of running on rested legs the last few weeks, in some ways its more comforting to be back to tired legs. 

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Today I'm only a couple miles behind the bunny. Hurray! If I ran my usual 4 or 5, I'd be in fine standing. Sadly, I think the big push the last few weeks to catch up with the bunny is catching up with me. I've been successfully fending off some kind of upper respiratory bug, but tonight I'm just tapped out...not sure I'll run at this point. Plus something about that dang treadmill is the source of my right lower leg/ankle pain. I haven't run on it too much, but when it's dark and rainy outside and I'm tired, it's just mentally easier to run on the treadmill. So I've about decided to bag it for tonight and run longer tomorrow outside if my right leg will allow it.  Sooo glad the weekend's here

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

HappyFeat: when I first bougth my TM, I set it at 1% incline as they advise to "mimick" outside wind resistance and such. It caused major problems for both my ankles. I now run at 0% incline, unless I'm doing hill intervals. No more problems. Maybe it's the same for you?

Rest day for the legs, so no run and no LB w/o. Just 40 min of endurance strength for UB plus 10min abs.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

8 mile long run today on a windy but bright and sunny day 0º. Weekly mileage a respectable 24miles after last week's lousy 12...

I'm going to try to hold around 25-30 miles per week until stating up a plan for a late spring HM.

Dutchie - how do you like those runerval DVDs - I will soon be mostly on the TM - first snow yesterday here in Halifax (there's a small but nice gym in our new apartment building soo I guess I'll start using it)

Happy Saturday!

A

Recalculating...

13.5 on a breezy morning.  Was struggling a bit at the end, but nothing big.  Is it wrong that I judge the quality of a workout by the salt crust on my face and the salt line on my shirt?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

when I first bought my TM, I set it at 1% incline as they advise to "mimic" outside wind resistance and such. It caused major problems for both my ankles. I now run at 0% incline, unless I'm doing hill intervals. No more problems. Maybe it's the same for you?

I appreciate the advice, Dutchie, and will certainly give that a try. I do usually have it at 1% because  anything higher made my achilles waaay too tight and painful.  I was hoping to eventually increase the incline, but ... perhaps that's not a good idea after all. I ended up doing 3 miles on the TM last night so I could keep up with the Bunny and now I'm icing like crazy and hoping for a good run outdoors this afternoon. 

HappyFeat

Booo Hooo It was really nice and sunny, blue skies and everything sparkly earlier today. Now I'm finally ready to run, it's totally gray oppressive dreary ready-to-rain suckiness. I'm so bummed. I was really needing a nice run in the sunshine.

22 miles away and should get this week! 

Recovering from Columbus marathon and looking for redemption in rocket city - 12/12/09 ... sticking with that 3:45 goal.

yesterdays LR put me over the top with plenty to spare!

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

yesterdays LR put me over the top with plenty to spare!

Congrats Buckeye!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus