2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 24-30 May (Read 658 times)

Dutchie42

Kelly: congrats! 40.. dear me. Is that a big deal in the US? Overhere 40 is a big deal. The whole neighbourhood will know. Not as big a deal though as turning 50. Which is why I'm escaping to Vancouver next year (I hope).

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Yeah, took the dogs out for my 1st "run". Felt great to be out there again. Not sure my body agreed I sure am lacking fitness and stamina. And it was only 3 kilometers. On the upside, from here on it can only get better.

ETA: did 30min of LB plus 38 min of back, shoulders and biceps. Finished with 10minutes of abs on the stability ball.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

eh, 40 is not a huge deal... I'm not that big into birthdays anyway...

40 is probably the biggest deal to me, as now I am an actual bona fide masters runner... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie- Happy to hear you are back at it.  No problems to report other than lack of fitness I hope.

Kelly- Welcome to my age group.  You would think that it would be easier to place in the masters age group but I have found it is not.  Case in point my race today (see below)

Did my annual frustration 10K today.  I was actually quite pleased with my performance.  My training for this has been spotty at best and I had no hopes of a PR (44:00) but I did manage a 45:06 which given my current conditioning I am very happy with.  No where even close to age group awards I finished 14th for my age.  A friend of mine in my age group ran a 37:00, finished 15th overall and didn't place for our age group!

Dutchie42

Heffa: no complaints and I'm sure my fitness and stamina will be back in a couple of weeks.

congrats on the 10K. I still think you are incredibly fast.

Another doggie run today. Kept Spike on leash cause it was raining and I was in no mood to stand around in the rain if he went after a rabbit or something. This time 3.4K, and it not only felt much better than yesterday, I was a little bit faster too

ETA: added on 30min LB and 30 min of Michael Olajide's Aerobox. 

Dutchie

Happy 40 Kelly -I hope you are enjoying it, apparently I've just turned 39 forever according to mom and my grandmother

Heffa is fast!

I've done some light running and elliptical this week. Our best buddies have been visiting so I'm mentally refreshed, looks like I'm all repaired (not sore) and ready to get back to it

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Had a good 30-min elliptical hill workout then tried 3k on the TM, but the right foot is still hurting. No good.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016