2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 9/15 - 9/21 (Read 211 times)

...---...

Planned rest day on Monday. Finally getting a little more rain

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Well we can't get enough rain here. Got a little over 8 miles in yesterday with my running buddy. Felt fast but good. Taking today off and will run hills tomorrow. Planning anouther 20 on Friday which for some reason, I am not looking forward. Tongue
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Dutchie42

Oh dear, I forgot to start our thread yesterday Big grin Monday was a rest day. However, that was very bad planning. Today I had to be in the office early because I had to put an intern to work and because I had an inhouse training (car leasing stuff) and needed to get stuff done before I left my office for that training. Anyways, I'll do better tomorrow.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

wore a pair of shoes on my run today that I have thought in the past contributed to my heel pain and sure nuff my heel hurt. They are trash.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

7 miles in what I'm calling a tempo run. 8:53/mile average which is almost middle of my tempo pace range right now. Mile splits went like this: 1 - 9:10 warm up 2 - 8:58 warm up 3 - 9:07 a few hills (rolling terrain) 4 - 9:30 significant elevation increase, rolling terrain 5 - 8:21 not flat but as good as I get around here 6 - 8:36 more rolling terrain 7 - 8:19 again, not flat but as good as I get around here MTA: Perfesser - where are you traveling this week and how is your injury? Crabby - good luck on the 20 miler. Just go have some fun. Ennay - you're a beast Big grin Dutchie - just helping out with the chores Wink Aaron - how's the training going with mixing it up and all? Jeff - where you be at? IMOGENE - I'm closing in on catching you once again Clowning around

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

How would you respond? I have this friend (always willing to help when I need a pair of extra hands or whatever) who regularly makes this comment: "It takes you 2h20 to run a half mary? If you can't do it in sub 2 hours why bother? You might as well walk." She has once upon a time when she was 35yo (53yo now) ran a 10 miler which she consistently calls a half marathon in 1h47. So far I just listen and don't respond at all. But I'm getting really fed up with her comments. Others she regularly makes are "You bring water on your run?! And you stop and walk to have a sip?! I never drank or stopped to walk. Real runners don't need to." "You don't feel like you died when you finish your run? You're not training properly then." She and her husband are the only ones around me who makes comments like this. Her husband tells me that any distance over 10K is soooo bad for my knees! I've actually started avoiding them. Only saw them two or three times over Summer. But I was there this weekend and they commented they hadn't seen me in a while. And yes, they made the running comments too, again.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

6.5K this morning. And a very nice morning it was. Not entirely dark because of the waning moon. No wind. About 10C (50F). My shins were bothering me so much I had to stop and walk a lot. Think it's from running down those four bridges on Sunday. I hadn't noticed anything Mon-Tue. Then again, I hadn't been running either Wink Shins starting feeling better mid run and I was able to walk less running the last half of my run faster then the first half. Trey: thanks for helping out Big grin

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Dutchie, do they run any more? I noticed that you used past tense. If not, they are probably a little jealous that you are. Unfortunately, it sounds as if avoiding them might be the best thing. Or as a last resort, you could say something like, "You know, running means a lot to me, and I'm doing it the best way I know how. It's really hard on me when you make negative comments - running is already hard enough! Could we agree that we just won't talk about running? It would help me a lot." I don't know - they don't sound like the receptive types! Sad

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, if my math is right, her 10-miler was at the same pace as your HM, you could point that out. Or ask her if she wants to go for a run with you. I think Teresa is right, they are probably jealous. I hope to get in a few miles today, the leg is feeling better. Trey-I finally have a few days off. Next week I have a nice Portland OR trip.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

I would just not talk about running with them. Even if they bring it up. They cant know your pace unless you tell them (or they stalk race results). THey can't know you bring water--well ok, they could SEE you running/walking. They can't know you dont feel dead if you dont tell them. "Running is going fine, how is your __________" insert hobby, pet, child, friend, job etc.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey gang, I've missed ya. Put in some decent miles last week while I was on vacation in northern California. Including an out-of-nowhere 17-miler (my longest run since at least the mid-90's). 4.1 easy miles yesterday. Weather is nice. I love fall running.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

I love northern CA. I am from SF and lived in Bodega Bay for 12 years. Lots of great running times there. ANd some great wines. Beautiful falls...awesome climate...too many people though...and no real job for me. Now in Juneau and its raining...STILL....no drought on the horizon. Running 5 today which includes about 2 miles of hill sprints. Got my dog...got my perky running buddy...am all set.
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

5.25 miles t 9:57 pace. The "easy" runs after an effort run always seem to be kind of tough to me. Tonight's run was a little faster than I would have preferred but I ran with a group and wanted to stay with them. Dutchie - tough situation with those people making the comments. I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said in the above posts. Hope things work out. Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Got in a 6-miler today, it went OK after a long layoff. I felt pretty good, as I usually do after a long rest, but my effort measured my heart rate was way up, 10 points higher than usual. I still feel a twinge in my leg, I hope it doesn't get worse.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Not a great week for running, life is getting in the way. Ran some hills tonight on the treadmill, I really like running hills for some reason. Call me crazy. I've been getting a lot faster the last few runs, it's almost like I was on some plateau for a while and now I'm on a different level. Might also be the cooler weather.