2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 9/15 - 9/21 (Read 211 times)

...---...

An easy-hard 7 miles tonight at 9:52 pace. Only a couple hills along the way so splits were all fairly close. Got a big run this weekend, 18 miles. And so the carb loading has begun. We're getting warm again after some really nice/cooler temps. But even still, it's not as bad as it has been. Thankfully.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Cooler temps Trey? Try 6C (42F) I had this morning. That felt down right chillly. Fall is definitely here. Managed a great 8.5K. Shins still feel a little sore but didn't bother me while running.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

39F, bright sunshine this morning - felt perfect! I did wear my Brooks jacket for the first time since May. It was a short 2-mile run - the last one for my running partner and me before our first HM on Sunday. We're both very nervous! Our time will be glacially slow, but that will give us something to improve on. At least the weather report sounds good!

Imminent Catastrophe

Three on the dreadmill today. The leg is still bugging me.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Gorgeous morning. Beautiful sunrise. Hardly any wind. But COLD! Only 4C when I left the house. It's 7C as I type this. Was pleased I picked long winter tights for my run. Kept my legs nice and warm. Shins are still sore though. I'm not sure whether I did intervals after a 5K easy warm up, or fartleks. Was counting 5 trees fast, 5 trees recovery for approx. 2000 meters. And finished with 1.5K cooldown easy run.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Gorgeous morning. Beautiful sunrise. Hardly any wind. But COLD! Only 4C when I left the house. It's 7C as I type this. Was pleased I picked long winter tights for my run. Kept my legs nice and warm. Shins are still sore though. I'm not sure whether I did intervals after a 5K easy warm up, or fartleks. Was counting 5 trees fast, 5 trees recovery for approx. 2000 meters. And finished with 1.5K cooldown easy run.
              lol dont know if there is really a difference. warmup plus 4 miles at MP

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

Instead of a 20-miler I ran 17 but it was a tough one with lots of obstacles. Our normal trail was under water (did I mentioned it rains in Juneau?) so we had to skirt up this cliff. Beautiful run in the fog and rain with a porcupine.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

easy 3 miles yesterday with Hobbes - he set the pace. First time out with him since the weather turned boiling hot back in late May. 18.2 miles today. right outer knee area started to hurt a bit toward the end but I did pick up the pace the last 2 miles and ran at or better than MP. Hope I can stretch out my IT band this week and be back to ready. Regardless, I felt I could have gone another 3 or so miles, maybe a little more, today so I'm gaining some nice confidence on the training/prep I've done to this point. I get to roll back the long run mileage next weekend before tackling a 20 miler. Crested the 40 mile mark for the week. As a reward, wife and I are having a glass of a good Chardonnay.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My first HM today! I'm very happy. Running has me in its clutches.

...---...

My first HM today! I'm very happy. Running has me in its clutches.
                      Nice pace too. Congrats!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

My friend Carolyn needed to get 20 in this week so I joined her for a 10 miler. We had a beautiful husky malamute follow us for 5 miles so I ended up throwing him in my car and bringing him to the pound. My daughter wanted to keep the hairy guy. I said.."Thanks but no thanks!"
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

I took the word "taper is starting today" to mean "I am just going to stay in bed and not run at all".

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7