2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/13-10/19 (Read 315 times)

Dutchie42

Waky waky.... It's Monday already, Well here it is Wink Wasn't sure whether I should run. Outside of L-knee was painful from the moment I got out of bed. Guess suddenly going back to 5xweek of running is causing some discomfort. Anyways, went out at 6AM for a recovery run. The L-knee was bothering me but it didn't get worse (or better) while running. And it was only a really short run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I think I'm finally back to "normal," whatever that means, after 4 1/2 months! No pain anywhere when I run. I did 10.0 miles on Saturday and 7.6 miles today. I won't make 2000 KM this year, but I should be well over 1000 miles. Maybe I'll aim for 1100. Whoo hoo!

Imminent Catastrophe

I think I'm finally back to "normal," whatever that means, after 4 1/2 months! No pain anywhere when I run...
        Isn't that a great feeling? Something you take for granted until you get a chronic injury.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Just 2 miles easy on the dreadmill today, I'm being really cautious, I'll try it out tomorrow to see if it aggravated my right leg. Buh.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

rest days - this tapering schedule sure seems a lot like loafing and not nearly any running. Body feels pretty good though. Planning some running on Wednesday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

7.0 miles today. My training log is looking much happier these days.

Imminent Catastrophe

One more thing, Trey. In your race, after a couple of miles you will be warmed up and will have so much pent-up energy and feel so good that you will be tempted to pick up the pace. Don't do it--stick with your plan, stick with your pace. If you still have that extra energy at mile 20, that's the time to pick it up a bit. But you probably won't Evil grin

I run for Fried Chicken!

Tempo run today. Been varying my workouts more. I think I've built a good enough base, I need speeeed now! There's a 5k next weekend that I think I might run. If I do, I'm hoping to go under 24mins this time.

...---...

One more thing, Trey. In your race, after a couple of miles you will be warmed up and will have so much pent-up energy and feel so good that you will be tempted to pick up the pace. Don't do it--stick with your plan, stick with your pace. If you still have that extra energy at mile 20, that's the time to pick it up a bit. But you probably won't Evil grin
                    Right on advice. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll probably need to monitor my pace frequently with Garmin. I'm getting excited. A little nervous, but excited. MTA: 5.5 easy miles. felt strong, felt good, no pain anywhere.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I agree with Dr. Perfessor Trey. I was feeling so good last week and wanted to speed up but I kept it slow for the first 14 miles and then was able to quicken it up for the next 9 miles feeling really good. Course I got a calf cramp about 3 miles from the finish but I stilll took 17 minutes off my las marathon time to finish in 4:28. Great for me. Good luck next weekend! Yea it is very exciting This week for me is pretty restful Mon Rest Tues more rest Wed uh...gotta rest some more Thurs will se how it goes Friday...busy at work I think I am letting myself go
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Dutchie42

This bathroom remodelling is messing with my running. Not sure how to get my runs in right now. I have to leave for work at 6:30AM to have a shower before the people who use and need it as a changing room come in (7AM). So for me to get my run in and my stretch routine and the usual things I do before work, like breakfast, I have to get up even earlier then I do already. Which sofar hasn't happened. I turned the volume up a little from the radio but I still slept right thru it. My Lumie didn't wake me up either. Better start getting my stuff together and go to work for a shower.....

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

8 on the TM with my new shoes today. My groin started tightening up around mile 6, not sure if it's the shoes or because I also ran a tempo yesterday. I was stupid and stubborn and ran through it, hope it feels better tomorrow. I hope it's not the new shoes. I went from Asics 1130 to 2130. Good news is that the run felt really easy even though I was running faster. Just had the leg issue. MTA: I think I pulled my groin muscle. That sucks. Hope it heals quickly.

Imminent Catastrophe

Right on advice. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll probably need to monitor my pace frequently with Garmin. I'm getting excited. A little nervous, but excited.
                            You know what they say, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, give advice". Or something like that. Anyway, I "can't" right now. 4 very uncomfortable miles today and my leg is really barking at me tonight.

Dog-Love

Ran 4 today and boy did it feel good to be running in that 43 degree Juneau rain with my partner and my dog. Doesn't get any better than that!
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Aaron, I hope you're doing better now. I haven't been happy with the 2130s. I'm on my second pair but won't buy another one. My right arch always bothers me when I wear them. That doesn't happen with my other pair of shoes. Sigh.