2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 15-21 June (Read 287 times)

Dutchie42

New week people, make it a good one

For me, it's the start of an 18 week marathon training program. Somewhere in there I'll run a 10 miler and a 30K.

Recovery run this morning. Felt better than I expected. Nice, fresh 13C and barely any wind. Now that's my kind of weather for running

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Good luck Dutchie - have a great training cycle. Are you doing a Higdon based plan?

Yesterday, 1.5 hours easy XT on the bike around town.

Rest day today; massage after work.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Today is "recovery is over--back to work!" day.

Hard 13-miler with 10k @ LT pace and 3-mi @ MP. NIce bike path along the Conneticut river.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

12 miler for me yesterday.  It was hard to just maintain my "easy" pace.  I really need to get back on a regular schedule.

Dutchie - Sorry about your HM.  Your training sounded like it was going so well.  I know you must be frustrated but honestly your results seem pretty good considering the circumstances.  Besides there can only be good runs if you have bad ones to compare it to.  Like my favorite band says "If it weren't for gravity there would be no flight" (Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers)

Dutchie42

My training for the half went really well, till that stupid high heel episode. Couldn't run for a week and it caused a flare up of my ITB. Which then interfered with my running. But it kept its head down till very late in the race. So can't blame that Anyways, on to the next one.

Trey: it's based on my training for my first marathon. Since my 1st marathon worked out so well though very slow, I must've done something right However, my base now is much better then it was back then. I've already done 5x20+ kilometer long runs (plus now the half) in the weeks leading up to the half and another 3x20+ runs spread out in the 8 weeks before.

I'll now take my time building up to a 30K long run over a 10 week period. And do 3x30+kilometer long runs before my 30K race (32, 34 and 36K). And one more after the 30K race before tapering for the marathon.

To improve my speed a little,I'll do one shortish tempo and one progressive run a week. And a 3/1 long run every 3rd week. I've been doing 1/1 long runs before the half: running easy for 1h15 then speed up a little for the second half.

I'll change the plan depending on how well or bad training goes.

Difference with my first marathon plan is that I'll be working a little on my speed. And that I've set myself a time goal for the race. I'd like to finish faster then I did the first time (5h16), preferably a sub 5 hour marathon

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Darn, that stupid race has taken more out of me then I thought. Went out for a 5K this morning. It was tough! And I was sloooooow Don't feel tired or anything. Just moving my legs was hard.

Dutchie

Lets see...

Saturday, 8 hilly miles, still a bit tired from last week.

Sunday, went to a bridal shower and there was free flowering champagne (my favourite) enough said

Today, easy 2.5 with an upper body workout at the YMCA - gotta order a lap suit.

13 weeks out from my first HM of the season.

Dutchie - good luck on the new training cycle - did you rest after that HM?

A

Recalculating...

...---...

Ayola - Lap suit?

Best of luck gearing up for your HM. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Here's a pic of me at the finish of the half marathon:

http://www.aktiefoto.nl/zoeken/scripts/bladeren.asp?contentId=1&evenement=20090614-amersfoort&foto=af09-11611&richting=back&methodeZoeken=startnummer&fotoID=1471708

Hope it works.

Dutchie

...---...

Nice one Dutchie.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Good photo. You look like you're sweating!

As long as we're posting race photos:

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

woohoo, finally we get to see the Perfesser  Looking good!

OK, now I one see race pics from everyone. Lets post them guys and girls

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Recovery run today, 6.3 mi, 1:02:16 along Cherry Creek in Denver, a nice path below street level. It's supposed to be a rest day but I can't run tomorrow so flip-flopped the days. I really felt tired after yesterday's hard workout, plus warm and 5000 ft elevation

...---...

Ha Russ - I did a 6.3 mile recovery run. My pace was slower than yours however. I'll see if I can't find a race photo somewhere. But I warn you, I'm nothing to look at.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

But I warn you, I'm nothing to look at.

I've already set that bar pretty low!