2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 15-21 June (Read 287 times)

Dog-Love

Aren't dogs great for getting you out running???  I have logged more than a thousand miles with Rusty.  He is slowing down though and heck so am I!  Don't really care...just love to run.  I am about to disperse kids for Friday night and then I will hit the TM for 3-4.
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      9 miler for my last beach run.  Took frequent walk breaks for the first time in a long time.  Gotta love a run where you can take off your tech shirt half way and  wring out half a cup of "water".  Yes, I put the shirt back on.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Another hot 6.3 today. Unfortunately it's far too hot to take the dogs. We sometimes take them for a little 1/2 mile jog just to get them out.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any relief in sight for the Southeast US. Ugh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

18 miles this morning - got out even earlier than last week to attempt beating most of the heat. I failed in that plan. I had wanted to get in 19 but was absolutely beat down by the heat and coasted in the last mile at a staggering 13 min/mile pace. Temp at run start ~ 77 @8AM. Looks like I'm going to be getting up a couple hours earlier for long runs from now on.

Looking forward to a recovery week this week! 40 miles for this past week. Whew. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Ugh. You did an 18-miler in this heat  I'm hoping to do my 18-miler in NYC next weekend, it should be in the low 70's.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Ugh. You did an 18-miler in this heat  I'm hoping to do my 18-miler in NYC next weekend, it should be in the low 70's.

Ugh is right. 

MTA: hour easy/recovery bike ride around town. I hate the bike. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I kept wanting to get a run in today but soccer and gardewning kept coming up.  Called my friend JJ and begged her to get me running and we just finished a 6 miler.  Thank god for running buddies!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)