2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1 - 7 Feb (Read 496 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

New week people! Let's make it a good one

Well, I've got nothing to report so far. How about you guys?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Meh. 30 minutes "hill" on the elliptical (I like this machine) and 2.5 miles on the TM. Recovery continues.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I increased last Saturday's run by a mile to make 9, which went well. I took off Sunday and ran 4 last night. I toyed with the idea of increasing to 5, but my legs would have nothing to do with that idea! They were ready to stop at 3, but I pushed on.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I am outta town for work 3 days this week, so this will be my first test of my ability to juggle a heavy work week and still keep my miles up. So people...hold me accountable!! I ran 3 Sunday, Monday off, 4 tonight, 8 Wednesday, 5 Thursday and 5 Friday. I don't have any jiggle room on this since I DS has act test on Sat and then I have Zoomy's kids for a sleep over.  Life is good!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...and then I have Zoomy's kids for a sleep over.  Life is good!

I have more than 1?! 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have more than 1?! 

with his energy he (like my Q) counts as two!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

with his energy he (like my Q) counts as two!

Shit...in the morning trying to get him out the door he's easily THREE! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just a dude.

Ran with my nephew tonite.  He was sorta frisky starting out... and so we started cruising pretty quick.

The course is about 1.5 miles to the local high school, one lap around the track, and just over a mile back.  2.75 total...  

His friskiness rubbed off on me, so I ended up running a pretty quick (for me) lap.  I am pretty sure every 100 was faster and I ended up with 1:26...  Not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but I've been running slow and easy.

Afterward, my legs started to feel like someone was shoving marshmallows into my muscles...  We started jogging again before they stopped being able to run at all...  

So kind of a fun run. 

Also looking forward to Saturday... I drew out a new course that looks both difficult and fun.  Lots of sandy trail like stuff thats not real flat... It will also be my longest run to date (a whole 6.6 miles...)

Should be a good week!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I did my first real run of the recovery today.  The snow is finally cleared up and conditions were a nice 40F and sunny.  I managed 3 miles with 3 stops to stretch.  Overall a successful run in my opinion.  Not quite good enough to qualify for my 2010 goal of run any distance pain free, but definitely on the right path.
                    Dutchie42

I took it outside for a 12.3 kilometer run today, yeah! No snow or ice and it was a balmy 8C Grey skies though. When I got up the dike and looked over the lake it was still frozen over. The colour of the ice and the colour of the sky were the same, so there just was no horizon. Made my head spin trying to find it. As I ran along the dike I heard these weird noises. Never heard them before. Eerie...Took me a while before I realised it was the ice moving

Heffa: good to hear you're making progress. Don't you just loving running without any snow or ice?

Kelly: sandy trail? Sounds like a hard run to me.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Kelly: sandy trail? Sounds like a hard run to me.

I am disappointed and worried. 

I've had a bit of a sore knee for a couple weeks.  I'd ice it and it's fine the next day or so.

This week tho, its worse.  I often have some aches and stuff during the day, but everything feels good when I run.  Last night, I was achy and sore in so many places... Both knees, both shins, and hip flexors...  Calves were way tight and wouldn't loosen...  But other than that I felt great.

So, I'm gonna try an easy couple miles tonite, and if things don't feel better, I'm gonna have to stop for a bit.  That fun looking run on the sandy trail may have to wait...

And that wabbit may be getting a bigger head start...

Sad

-Kelly

Dutchie42

Nobody running? Where is everyone? All snowed in?

Dutchie

Just a dude.

I'm still around...

I did actually run 2 miles last night with decent results.  Read my log for the details.

Tonight my goal is to run slow on a flat soft surface... So I think I'm gonna do some laps at the local high school all weather track.  That way it's way easier to stop if things start hurting...  

I just need to get my legs right... 

-Kelly

HappyFeat

I had to abort my Wed eve 6-miler at 5 miles when my right achilles locked up and stretching wouldn't release it. Apparently my AT is back! I took off last night and have been icing. I was planning to try running tonight, but have got some kind of stomach virus, so the only running I may be doing is you-know-where.  I'm already modifying my plans for any long run tomorrow because it just doesn't seem like a good idea right now.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

So people...hold me accountable!! 

Someone missed her run yesterday...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus